WHY NOT CCFC TELEVISE BRISTOL GAME ??? -Jimmy Hill Did It Years Ago !!! (1 Viewer)

Whilst frantically searching for a venue for THE game on Monday I suddenly thought, hang on I distinctly remember the great JH arranging a televised transmission from Cardiff (Ninian Park) to Highfield Road on 22/04//68.

About five/six humongous screens were placed strategically around the ground and the crowd that night was about 6,000 (I think) - the picture quality was poor but it was a great success with final score 1-1.

SO why can't CCFC apply the same initiative and arrange for the match to be screened into say the Jaguar Suite at the Ricoh.

I know there is an ongoing legal saga going on between the Eurocrats and SKY but as far as I know it is NOT illegal as of now until the case is concluded (at least three years away)

Do any SBT's know of any reason that this cannot be implemented by CCFC and would any of you be prepared to pay a a tenner to watch in utter comfort - I know I would

PUSB

wingy

Us not owning the Ricoh and therefore not being able to do what we want may have something to do with it.
By the way did anyone notice in the observer this week ACL have sold the naming rights to RICOH once more for a further ten years ,to run to 2025,so if we make the prem and by them out we'll be stuck with a deal worth a third of what it should be.

Us not owning the Ricoh and therefore not being able to do what we want may have something to do with it.

Can't CCFC be considered as just another business entity hiring out the venue and at a tenner entrance fee plus an expected turnout of say at least 1,000 surely 10K would pay for the venue and change as well.

A win for CCFC and a win for ACL maybe.

PUSB

Possibly.
However, the apathy shown by the Coventry public for the team would probably make this financially non-viable.

I have always said that if you take the Leamington, Warwick, Stratford, Beduff, Nuneaton CCFC fans out of the home attendances and you would get no more than 6-7000. A joke support for a City of over 300,000.

WillieStanley

Can't CCFC be considered as just another business entity hiring out the venue and at a tenner entrance fee plus an expected turnout of say at least 1,000 surely 10K would pay for the venue and change as well.

A win for CCFC and a win for ACL maybe.

PUSB

£10 at the Ricoh... or free at a pub?

Sorry, man. Good idea other than that though!!

Sumo the Micky Quinn

For anyone on holiday here in Fuerteventura. :)

O'Connors, Caleta de Fuste. Just by the beach.

Back to school for the kids here tomorrow, our bank holidays were last Thurs & Fri. So my lad will just make it home from school, lucky for him school finishes at 2.

Users who are viewing this thread