Why is Coventry so crap? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter JuanDan petrolman
  • Start date
J

JuanDan petrolman

not just the footy team but the city in general?

any explanations?

Bluegirl

Its not all crap is it? Just like the team arent all crap
Unfortunately the bad parts outweigh the good parts
BG

Nick

Administrator
Got any examples?

This could be the making of "things I hate about Cov" post!

J

JuanDan petrolman

crap buildings

city centre thats dead except for a few crappy bars and clubs playing shit music filled with ugly women and stupid blokes out for a fight.

not much in the way of culture

everythings being rebuilt or repaired all the time

crap shops

Cathedral lanes

............and thats just to start

Millo

To be fair the nightlife is shite, theres only a handful of places that are decent and if you go out pretty regular you get bored of them all fairly quickly.

Nick

Administrator
I know what you mean, you have to have a few months off and then go out again for it to be any good.

J

JuanDan petrolman

look how much nicer broadgate used to look before that shitty shopping centre moved in

broadgate_viner_349x470.jpg

Nick

Administrator
JuanDan petrolman said:
look how much nicer broadgate used to look before that shitty shopping centre moved in

broadgate_viner_349x470.jpg

That is quality, I have never seen that before and it is a lot different! :shock:

BeefCurtains

Coventry is a fucking dump full of cretins.

Lots of crappy old buildings, shite night out, fly overs, the mian attraction for shopping is Primark....says it all really.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, I fucking am :)

I had never seen it before and it looks a lot better than the shopping centre does?

Samo

I think it's really vibrant now that they've put Cathedral Lanes to better use and opened up the square to markets and attractions. Looks a site better than some grass and is now a productive space.

Grendel

Odd thread but compared to most cities it's appalling.

henry the wasp

I think it's really vibrant now that they've put Cathedral Lanes to better use and opened up the square to markets and attractions. Looks a site better than some grass and is now a productive space.

Yeah, but what did you think to it in 2008?

Samo

Odd thread but compared to most cities it's appalling.

Well Adolf and 50's n 60's town planners have a lot to answer but in general it's no better or worse than cities of a similar size.

Grendel

Well Adolf and 50's n 60's town planners have a lot to answer but in general it's no better or worse than cities of a similar size.

It is. Nottingham and Leicester are similar size and are vastly superior. The retail choice is greater and the footfall so much greater. Coventry pays homage to Stalingrad.

Otis

It is. Nottingham and Leicester are similar size and are vastly superior. The retail choice is greater and the footfall so much greater. Coventry pays homage to Stalingrad.
Stop comparing us to Stalingrad. It's ridiculous.

Otis

Tend to agree. Certainly on par with so many cities and towns I see on my travels up and down the country.

Grendel

Grendel

Tend to agree. Certainly on par with so many cities and towns I see on my travels up and down the country.

Wolverhampton and Stoke.

clint van damme

because the council are cretins who haven't got a clue.

No council in their right mind hands a flag ship town centre building over to Primark if they're serious about doing something to revive the city centre.

Look at their latest bit of genius, (apart from teaming up with an out of town rugby club to try and kill the Citys 130 year old football team).
Friargate - looks good, coming along nicely, only problem is the rail companies might be cutting Services from Coventry to London but no one thought to check! Whole thing could be (another) white elephant!

Users who are viewing this thread