Why I think Thorn should go (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Yes, he did. Juke too. Not forgetting Jordan Henderson, Jack cork and his recommendation of Andy Carroll.

Nick

Administrator
As well as baker, bell, murphy and pretty much all of the squad we have now which people say isnt good enough.

Otis

As I say, I think it has now gone past the is he / isn't he good enough. We need change to stop the rot and change the mentality.

Gaz

And Keogh me thinks too.

Yeah that's enough evidence to suggest that he would be successful in the transfer Market.

Nick

Administrator
I dont doubt him as a scout, I do as a manager! He finds gems but he just doesnt gave the nack of management just yet.

If he had been our youth or reserve manager for a couple of years first it might be different!

Gaz

As well as baker, bell, murphy and pretty much all of the squad we have now which people say isnt good enough.

And that's the point isn't it.
With a budget on par with the rest of the league we would be alright.
Give ferguson a championship budget and you wouldn't expect his team to be playing champions league football for long so why should it be different with Thorn.

Nick

Administrator
And that's the point isn't it.
With a budget on par with the rest of the league we would be alright.
Give ferguson a championship budget and you wouldn't expect his team to be playing champions league football for long so why should it be different with Thorn.

Why are leicester not top of the league if it is just budget?

torchomatic

Gaz, because Thorn is an easy target? We can't get SISU out so lets go after the next on the list.

Why I think Thorn should go? - because he is not a manager, he is a scout. Nice guy and all that but seriously???? - let's give the job to the kit man next or maybe the groundsman...

You say he is an easy target - well welcome the the world of the manager. The manager always pays the ultimate price for poor results. That is not unique to CCFC and special rules do not apply to SISU in that regard.

Sad fact is - Thorn was never qualified to succeed in the 1st place and the mistake was to appoint him.

Gaz

Well I didn't say it was just about budget, but without it you are going to struggle.
If a team needs a new forward and you have a budget not on par with the league you are in then you end up with a player like McDonald which we have, then that shows quite clearly the effects of not having a good enough budget.
Budget is going to effect the bottom end of the table a lot more than the top because money won't buy you promotion like Leicester are finding out but you need a minimum level of investment to stay competitive in the league, and that's what we havn't had.

Brighton Sky Blue

Because, as ever, they simply buy as many players as possible, resulting in an unbalanced squad. If we had £15m+ to spend in a season as they have, I'm pretty certain we'd be top 6-10 minimum; and that could apply to most, if not all, of the teams in this division.

I agree that Thorn isn't working out as a manager. I believe with an appropriate "Unfortunately..." statement from SISU he will become their fall guy come the end of the season and Kevin Wilkin will be wheeled in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread