Why Hasn't Thorn Resigned Yet... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

...and given us a slim chance of staying up? Selfish self centered sod.

Skybluedar

It is his first job in management, sees potential and wants to keep the team up, and do the job that he was given to do. While it is mathematically possible he doesn't want to quit and turn his back on the club. That is why he doesn't want to. Whether he should take it upon himself to do it is his decision. However what I will say is, a statement like, "that was probably our worst performance of the season, but the boys they gave me everything" - it just doesn't wash. If that's everything, we will go down for sure and he may aswell pack it in.

CCFC123

He should accept that CCFC is bigger than Thorn. He despite what has happened isen't getting results and stand a side. It's bloody selfish.

skybluearmy88

Personally I feel that part of the reason we are in this mess is because of change, from changing our managers to changing the look of our squad. And to be honest I don't really no if changing manager would work. Obviously you don't no if you don't try. It's a double ended sword. If we change manager and get relegated then we will say we shouldn't have changed. If we don't change and get relegated we will always wonder what if.

Oz Howie

Totally agree with SKA88's comments - I'm sick of the 'grass is greener let's change' people - has got us nowhere - sorry it's got us probably relegated this season but that's more to do with SISU than the manager. One other point about AT that folks may be overlooking is that he's no quitter. Just check out his Wimbledon days. Perdonally I hope he stays on until at least the end of the season and we wait and see what ownership chnages or SISU commitments develop.

Astute

A couple of months ago all we ever saw on here was SISU out. Now everything is the fault of AT. We have a sh1t squad. AT has them playing well for who we have. Yes, we have a lack of goals, but we also have a lack of goalscorers. SISU's fault, not AT. If we had a goalscorer or two we would be much higher in the table. We do not get hammered. Even the Hammers got hammered bu Ipswich. Did we? And we are still playing crap under AT :thinking about:

SISU out, not AT. This is the change we need.

Paxman II

He will have to be pushed. I wouldn't resign from my first ever management job! I like him would still believe I could make it happen. It's the owners who need to wake up to reality and fast!

I'd be putting in a call to Simon Grayson who knows league 1 like the back of his hand and secondly Dave Jones.
IF Hoffman and co are anywhere down the road to making a deal happen then surely the consensus would be to take some action now with SISU and bring in a guy immediately. If you were Hoffman you would be asking for that change in good faith to happen sooner rather than later surely?....and if not then I'm beginning to doubt the validity of Hoffman's 'secretive' talks?

Tankie

Hi Fellas.
If the flame of a take over is still flickering,It would make no sense to change the manager at this stage.
Whoever takes over the club, will without doubt want to bring his own man in, so what would be the point in bringing in a Thorn Replacement, if he in turn would be replaced in a matter of weeks.
Tankie........

skyblue19

All these people calling for thorns head, I bet if they were arsenal fans they would be doing the same to wenger up until Saturday!

skybluesteve76

I work for the council. If some one said to me, there you go, you can be Lord Mayor and it don't matter how much you balls it up! Say no more

All the best

Stoppercurtis

What we are doing now isn't working. So a change is required so as to create something new. New might be worse but after Saturday I'm now convinced it will take an act of God for us to stay up!

Stopper

covcity4life

first job,doesnt wanna be a failure, wants the wages and has pussy fans to make life easy for him as they accept defeat

SkyBlueScottie

Seemingly he has the backing of the player squad, what happens if the players dont embrace the new manager and his ways? We will be even worse off.

The Reverend Skyblue

All these people calling for thorns head, I bet if they were arsenal fans they would be doing the same to wenger up until Saturday!

Another patronising post, do you really think that if we are 4th in the Premier i would be calling for the managers job,!!!

Saying this is pathetic, nonsensical, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd,featherheaded and any other word that means illogical

A lot on this site have sat watching the skyblues for fourty years or more,and but for one day in May 1987 we have had nothing to shout about, so you really think if we are fourth we'd be calling for his head. I can not believe sometimes the shite people come out with.

I promise you that if we were 4th in the Premier at this stage of the season, i would willingly streak from the Ricoh down to Highfield Road.

covcity4life

Seemingly he has the backing of the player squad, what happens if the players dont embrace the new manager and his ways? We will be even worse off.

whats worse than bottom? surely things can only get better

its a calculate risk and it all adds up to changing the manager

skybluehugh

But thats one of the problems. Wenger has both the players and the knowhow to turn things around. Thorn is to inept to make the changes that are needed during the game. The lack of players is not his fault it is the tossers who own us. How the players who we do have play is down to Thorn not the tossers. So they are both responsible for where we are and likely to end up. Which is why we need them both to go.

skybluehugh

Another patronising post, do you really think that if we are 4th in the Premier i would be calling for the managers job,!!!

Saying this is pathetic, nonsensical, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd,featherheaded and any other word that means illogical

A lot on this site have sat watching the skyblues for fourty years or more,and but for one day in May 1987 we have had nothing to shout about, so you really think if we are fourth we'd be calling for his head. I can not believe sometimes the shite people come out with.

I promise you that if we were 4th in the Premier at this stage of the season, i would willingly streak from the Ricoh down to Highfield Road.

Rev, for the first time ever you have made me glad we're so crap;);)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
SBS on the basis that ......

1)AT is not going to turn round and say he has lost the confidence of the players

and 2) no player is going to say he has no confidence in the manager

how exactly do we know what the real feeling in the squad is ?

Otis

But thats one of the problems. Wenger has both the players and the knowhow to turn things around. Thorn is to inept to make the changes that are needed during the game. The lack of players is not his fault it is the tossers who own us. How the players who we do have play is down to Thorn not the tossers. So they are both responsible for where we are and likely to end up. Which is why we need them both to go.

Unfortunately you made a bad analogy there. Wenger has proved himself as a manager and won many cups and league titles. Arsenal fans should really have been giving him a bit more backing because he has proved himself in the past.

Here we have a scout as a manager.

The Reverend Skyblue

Going back to Arsenal fans, they have been clearly been spoilt if they think they should always be better and higher in the league.

I have a good friend i grew up with back in England, who absolutely has devoted his life to following Arsenal. He goes every game , home and away and it does'nt matter if its in the Carling Cup. He goes to every Champions league game home and away, and i love his devotion and love/passion for the club.

The other side to this, is it has cost him two marriages, and he now lives on his own in a flat above a fancy dress shop and hardly see's his kids,as it got a bit messy at the end of both. He definately put Arsenal above his wifes and kids, something i could'nt do, but it shows his commitment and love of the Gunnars.

To bore you further with my life's tales, i ve 3 other mates who have changed team, from Chelsea to Arsenal to Spurs, i can't remember the order, (how can anyone calling them a fan of a club, contemplate doing this), and i believe the top London and Manchester clubs have fans like this who change, probably thousands of so called fairweather fans.

I think these so called fairweather fans are the one's calling for Wengers head, and if he don't go soon they will change there team once again back to either Chelski or Spurs.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Unfortunately you made a bad analogy there. Wenger has proved himself as a manager and won many cups and league titles. Arsenal fans should really have been giving him a bit more backing because he has proved himself in the past.

All comes down to expectations-Wenger had Arsenal being title challengers for a good decade, so to glory hunters and success hungry fans alike, going from that to fighting for 4th spot has people frustrated, all the more so with Spurs' great form this season.

derbyskyblue

I work for the council. If some one said to me, there you go, you can be Lord Mayor and it don't matter how much you balls it up! Say no more

All the best
How can you balls that job up? Switch the lights on at xmas, someone drives you around all day, the odd coffee morning here and there. Piece of piss. :D

skybluehugh

Wasn't that my point. Thorn hasn't got the experience to run the team especially when we need to defend a lead or get a win

flammablepiss

Facebook User
It is clear AT does care about Coventry. He won't resign because 1.. He won't have a job and 2...we would be fucked!.... There isn't time to disrupt the team and bring someone else in now. It is too late and i'm convinced it would make our results worse. Thorn may not be great but It doesn't benefit anyone rite now.

CCFC123

Thorn should accept that he hasn't been able make it work with the pile of shite he has and let somebody else attempt to them stink less.

Jimmy Hills stature moved more than Clinghan, Bell and Deegan on Saturday. Embarrasingly slow, sluggish and non athletic for pro footballers. Like watching the QE2 turning into dock. There a problem and should never of been signed or so many slow players signed.

First we had too many left sided players now we have to many slugs in the side.

Users who are viewing this thread