Why EFL won’t vote us out. (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

There are plenty of clubs that don’t own there own stadiums (As this old thread expands https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/which-other-clubs-dont-own-their-stadium.55576/

So imagine that the EFL clubs DO vote us out-it’s setting a very dangerous precedent that will only help stadium owners exhort more money from Football Clubs.

What if a club says no to a potentially damaging rent increase and refuses to sign a new lease (or withhold rent).

In this situation occurs after voting CCFC out of the league the stadium owners are in a much stronger position especially as they could use the precedent to effectively charge what they want in rent.

It’s for this reason that I don’t think the EFL would vote city out-especially given it’ll take 70% of clubs to do it.

Only positive thing I can think of that will save our great club in this ongoing dispute!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CanadianCCFC

I think it’s 75% to vote us out but otherwise I agree. But if we don’t get voted out and don’t have a ground what happens?

Sky Blue Harry H

Morecambe will
18 to go

Makes you wonder if we can lobby other clubs supporters groups, asking them to lobby their own clubs to 'support us' in any vote. Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Have Morecambe promised their support then?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Coventry potentially being kicked out of the league

If it was down to these bitter twats, they would vote against!
I keep seeing these forums - why check? why even be bothered? Let’s face it nobody really gives a shit about another teams plight.

We colluded with Bristol to save ourselves, woohoo... they’re naïve if they think they would t have done it. Besides we’ve done it again more recently - see Barnet. At the end of the day we’re all out for ourselves,

Let them get on with it, considering they’re 3rd and going to Wembley. It’s good to see them show an interest in us.

Covstu

I keep seeing these forums - why check? why even be bothered? Let’s face it nobody really gives a shit about another teams plight.

We colluded with Bristol to save ourselves, woohoo... they’re naïve if they think they would t have done it. Besides we’ve done it again more recently - see Barnet. At the end of the day we’re all out for ourselves,

Let them get on with it, considering they’re 3rd and going to Wembley. It’s good to see them show an interest in us.
Calm down fella, I was thinking which teams could hold a grudge against us, this was no 1

I don’t remember this ‘rivalry’ between us and Sunderland existing years ago. If there was any rivalry it was due to Gary bennet trying to insert David speedie into one of the stands at Roker Park.
Is this an internet invention or was I just not aware of the animosity?

From Reliving The Great Escape – Bristol City 1976-77

"Into the second half and further despair for the Bristol fans just 7 minutes after the re-start as Hutchison grabbed his second to double Coventry’s lead and it looked desperate for the visitors. Bob Latchford then scored for Everton and they too were 2-0 up and cruising. Then, Gerry Gow got a goal back for Bristol City almost immediately after a knockdown by Gillies and there was renewed hope amongst the travelling masses. It was Gow’s 30thleague appearance of the season and what a time to score his first goal. Bristol City were now throwingeverything at Coventry and finally gained their reward as long free-kick into the area found Garland who nodded it down and Don Gillies had time to steady himself and fire the ball into the net for the equaliser. The place was rocking. On the scoreboard was the Everton v Sunderland scoreline of 1-0. To add to the drama, the crowd watched as the words ‘correction’ lit up. “You could hear a pin drop waiting for the revised score to go up”, recalled one spectator. Eventually, the scoreline was confirmed as Everton 2-0 Sunderland, and there were still 5 minutes of play to go at Coventry. Various supporters have pointed to memories of players being told to stop trying to score as a draw was enough for both sides. In the end the game ended 2-2 and both Coventry and Bristol City fans celebrated as they would meet again next season. Indeed both managers, Alan Dicks (Bristol City) and Gordon Milne (Coventry City) shared the champagne. COVENTRY CITY (1) 2 (Hutchison 2) BRISTOL CITY (0) 2 (Gow, Gillies)"

This is why. The match was delayed due to the crowd getting in. The mackems blamed JH when in fact it was the refs decision to delay. So we were blamed & Bristol were blameless, and the rest is history. If Sunderland had pulled their finger out and won at Everton then they would have been safe, so they've only themselves to blame.

It was funny though for the last 5 mins or so.

Last edited:

OffenhamSkyBlue

I used to think this, but More or Less Make a good case that actually it’s us saying it wrong:

BBC Radio 4 - More or Less: Behind the Stats, Abortion, modern slavery, math versus maths

The headline underlines the reason why it is maths with an s - the exact parallel is with statistics, which is ALWAYS and without fail abbreviated to stats, because they are both obligate plurals. It's mathematics (or rather archaicly "THE mathematics" - a group of subjects including arithmetic, calculus, trigonometry, algebra, etc.), so should be maths. We're right, North America are wrong!!

Well they're wrong. Even Roy Cropper on Corrie corrected his mother's boyfriend (played by the late Robert Vaughan) who made the mistake of saying "Math" to him. If it's good enough for Cropper then who am I to argue

Fergusons_Beard

The Sunderland thing really fucks me off.

They have only themselves to blame and it smacks of how fucking arrogant those Mackems are.

Take a look at there 1976/77 season fixtures-
fe47f213646001a8099bb15f18237030.jpg

They didn’t win a game till the 13th fixture!!

Compare that to our fixtures and you can see that they were always trying to catch up from the wank start!

I notice they don’t blame Norwich in their penultimate game for allowing them to get two goals back in the last 10 minutes to get a draw from being 2-0 down.

ab3648a4bd69cc0cd2d928de61098d42.jpg

Always fucked me off the Sunderland fans being absolutely delusional!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread