Why do SISU sympathisers not see what I see? (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

In my opinion, SISU’s failed plan to acquire the RICOH and the associated land was their only business objective from the outset. To suggest that their initial due diligence did not recognise the annual rent of £1.2m as excessive is pure folly. They assumed this annual £1.2m cost as an operational acquisition cost until such time as they had gained control of the stadium. When their original acquisition plan failed, they adopted hostile tactics by withholding the rental fee in an effort to force ACL out of business. As we now know this plan failed (as ACL were “rescued” by Coventry City Council), leaving SISU in the custody of the only bargaining chip they had left- called the football league golden share.
Since SISU tenure the Sky Blues:

• Are in a worse financial position(-£70m).
  • Have no “home” of their own(Six Field now seems certain).
  • Have playing assets of less value.
  • Are in a lower league with a -10pt start.
  • Have alienated their customers(the fans).
  • Halving gates, to a 60 year low.
  • Losing sponsorship resulting in revenue being halved.
  • Repeated failing to file accounts causing transfer embargos.

And whilst I recognise that at times ACL etal haven't always been squeaky clean in the positions that they have adopted, can someone (anyone) convince me that I have judged SISU incorrectly and that they really are the good guys with the best interest of the football club at heart at all times- sorry I just cannot see it from my very gloomy chair right now.

Edit list- Thx GaryPendryeyes

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Whatever happens in the long term the events of the last few years will be a celebrated business case study.

CCFC PimpRail

You can also ask why they fell out with the Alan Higgs centre over a lawnmower, or failed to pay players wages ontime. It's not just the "excessive" rent charged by ACL and a stalemate situation created by both parties failing to agree over the best way to finance CCFC, I genuinely think they don't know how to run a football club any more than how to retain friends and agreeable influence within business, and also quite simply they don't have any money....!!

skybluepete1987

Agree with every word, so sad that others don't see this. My consolation is that now the ACL issue is finished they no longer have anyone else to blame, the club and its destiny is entirely in their hands. Maybe those who cut Sisu any kind of slack will see the error of their ways when promises over the fishbowl aren't met, players are sold, sub-standard players are signed and the financial position continues to worsen.

For me it's simple, why should we trust a business which has in both Dulieu and Fisher's own words had to be 'begged' to continue funding the football club and not to pull the plug, and now just two years later they apparently have a ten year plan and are completely committed to building a new stadium and revitalising the club. Lies, lies, lies.

GaryPendrysEyes

In my opinion, SISU’s failed plan to acquire the RICOH and the associated land was their only business objective from the outset. To suggest that their initial due diligence did not recognise the annual rent of £1.2m as excessive is pure folly. They assumed this annual £1.2m cost as an operational acquisition cost until such time as they had gained control of the stadium. When their original acquisition plan failed, they adopted hostile tactics by withholding the rental fee in an effort to force ACL out of business. As we now know this plan failed (as ACL were “rescued” by Coventry City Council), leaving SISU in the custody of the only bargaining chip they had left- called the football league golden share.
Since SISU tenure the Sky Blues:

• Are in a worse financial position(-£70m).
  • Have no “home” of their own(Six Field now seems certain).
  • Have playing assets of less value.
  • Are in a lower league with a -10pt start.
  • Have alienated their customers(the fans).

And whilst I recognise that at times ACL etal haven't always been squeaky clean in the positions that they have adopted, can someone (anyone) convince me that I have judged SISU incorrectly and that really are the good guys with the best interest of the football club at heart at all times- sorry I just cannot see it from my very gloomy chair right now.

You missed off your list.

Halving gates, to a 60 year low, losing sponsorship resulting in revenue being halved
Repeated failing to file accounts causing transfer embargos

By any business measure Sisu have been a total disaster.
..and the on the pitch performance under their tenure has been equally bad.

Nonleagueherewecome

Whatever happens in the long term the events of the last few years will be a celebrated business case study.

"How Not To Get Ahead in Business" by Tim Fi..sorry, Mr. Bastard c**t.

Nonleagueherewecome

Seyeclops666

I couldn't agree more with this thread and all who have posted so far. When the club continues to collapse and we are relegated again how will the SISU apologists find a way of continuing to blame the Council, ACL, the Higgs Trust and the people of Coventry??

Still no comment from a SISU sympathiser which is a tad disappointing....clearly today's revelations via ACL statement that:

"Ms Seppala’s verbal statement during this meeting, made in the presence of her own lawyers that the only circumstance in which the Club would return to the Ricoh would be upon SISU assuming full ownership of the venue without any negotiation on purchase price" reinforces my original theory about the SISU plan... Ricoh at all costs.

What a price we have all paid.
:blue:

With the news that SISU plan to further asset strip by selling the most valuable players... is there any counter argument that can convince me of SISU's intentions re the football club?

STATEMENT FROM ARENA COVENTRY LIMITED (ACL)

A spokesperson said: “We note the announcement today that the High Court has dismissed the application by SISU to seek a judicial review of Coventry City Council’s decision to take over Yorkshire Bank’s loan to ACL. We are pleased to see that what we believe to be the correct judgement has beenmade in this unfortunate situation.

“Indeed, Mr Justice Males has made the reasons for his judgmentvery clear. We note, in particular, his reference to the withholding of lawfully owed rent by SISU as a means of exerting pressure on ACL in commercial negotiations, which had led to an unsatisfied judgment in the High Court inACL’s favour.”

“We are also pleased that Mr Justice Males has included in his judgment thedecision that ACL’s costs in relation to this dismissed case should be borne by SISU.”

One small step for man.. one giant leap....

covcity4life

It's mainly because they don't really exist. There's true sky blue, but he's clearly just playing a character. The closest you'll get are people slagging off ACL rather than bigging up SISU.

images

well said, other than TSB there are no sisu sympathisers on this board. but this thread shows there are alot of immature dicks.

L

longjohnskyblue

When you have blinkers the truth can never win - just look how long people were defending thorn! No doubt the apologists will complain that they didn't offer them the free f&d concession and 20p/year rent!

I just hope that simply because they have played 2 exceptionally poor teams in a row that fans wont go rushing over to northampton. But tbf, sisu have made the nopm otion very simple by dragging the team so far away.

The OP is exactly how it is. Well said Ohitsaid and Skybluepete.

They say they just want to get on with running the club now while at the same time pursuing this ludicrous JR review claim against the Council.

Forget relegation to League 1 for CCFC...

The day that the Council bailed out ACL and the day that their JR claim was thrown out were the two most damaging days to SISU's "project".

Anyone sitting on the fence on how the blame should be apportioned for our situation should ask themselves why a football club is bringing a JR claim in the first place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread