WHU fickle fans (1 Viewer)

junglej13

I hate West Ham and Allardyce. I'd love them not to go up. Allardyce thinks he is still in the Premier League and I'm sure thought it was a formality they'd go up! - The stories of him apparently putting in loan bids for Torres and Tevez in January sums them up... not to mention having Nolan and David Bentley on the wage bill! He reminds me of Peter Reid - knows very little about the football league - Just likes to sign up 'big names' he sees on match of the day and rely on his 'contacts' and his old players he's probably trebled the salary of (such as Vaz Te). West Ham and Leicester had the best tools to get automatic promotion this season and have simply not done enough!

King-Dion

Why?

I hate West Ham and Allardyce. I'd love them not to go up. Allardyce thinks he is still in the Premier League and I'm sure thought it was a formality they'd go up! - The stories of him apparently putting in loan bids for Torres and Tevez in January sums them up... not to mention having Nolan and David Bentley on the wage bill! He reminds me of Peter Reid - knows very little about the football league - Just likes to sign up 'big names' he sees on match of the day and rely on his 'contacts' and his old players he's probably trebled the salary of (such as Vaz Te). West Ham and Leicester had the best tools to get automatic promotion this season and have simply not done enough!

Why hate Sam Allardyce? I can understand you not liking him, but he seems a decent enough guy. Don't forget, he played for us for a season towards the end of his playing career and did a very good job. Just because he was a bit of a hoofer as a player doesn't mean he sometimes doesn't try to be a good manager. I'd rather have him as a manager than half a dozen clowns we have had - starting with Strachan!

Yorkshire SB

Why does that make you laugh, they've every right to moan, he's orchestrating poor football from a side who should be a long way clear at the top! Additionally why would any side moan after they've recorded an away win, regardless of the manner of victory. I know a few West Ham fans and they've been against the style of football from the off, but they were getting results, so Allardyce was doing the job. However now the results aren't coming and it's clearly because they play predictable football, and the fans are complaining.

I know a few West Ham fans and they've been against the style of football from the off, but they were getting results, so Allardyce was doing the job. However now the results aren't coming and it's clearly because they play predictable football, and the fans are complaining.

Sounds a bit familiar

Macca

I think you'll find that City Fans are the only fickle fans in football.

or so some people would have you believe.

End of the day the majority of football fans aren't going to win Mastermind are they? They are blinded by passion for their clubs and the need for a quick fix of success, something to cheer for in their otherwise mundane lives. Generally speaking rationality is not going to figure highly

Gaz

Never liked WHU they are just as bad as Millwall.

Astute

When we had AB we played hoofball, but it got us up to 4th. When our style of play got found out we went into freefall. WHU had the quality to last longer before freefall.

The best way to get out of this division is passing the ball. This and a 20 goal striker and you are top half of the table. Rub of the green and you are top 6.

kg82

"In their otherwise mundane lives" - bad day Macca or have you just been watching too much of The Matrix?!

Macca

"In their otherwise mundane lives" - bad day Macca or have you just been watching too much of The Matrix?!

Hey not referring to most people on here who are able to string a sentence together :). But look around you at a match, the moron ratio is quite high!

kg82

Hey not referring to most people on here who are able to string a sentence together :). But look around you at a match, the moron ratio is quite high!

You're not wrong. The blokes behind me are like Marvin the paranoid android - funny in the film... a full 90 minutes of it though gets right on your t*ts.

torchomatic

Got nothing against Allardyce personally. Wouldn't like him to be our manager though.

Grendel

When we had AB we played hoofball, but it got us up to 4th. When our style of play got found out we went into freefall. WHU had the quality to last longer before freefall.

The best way to get out of this division is passing the ball. This and a 20 goal striker and you are top half of the table. Rub of the green and you are top 6.

Stoke City?

Grendel

In truth Allardyce and West Ham was always a marriage made in hell. West Ham are a club with a very false opinion of themselves. Play the West Ham way? Total football? Yes of course - Billy Bonds, Paul Ince, Julian Dicks all are players who are natural exponents of total football.
Allardyce meanwhile has an ego the size of Mars with the football trophy cabinet of Pluto. He seriously thinks he should be England manager yet has delivered nothing to suggest he would even get close.
They deserve each other.

Grendel

dongonzalos

I would - without question.

I hate his type of football but I have to admit I rate him as a manager. I dont think he would stand for the shit SISU give out though and would leave. He would not let himself be hung out to dry by their incompetence

kg82

People say quite a lot that this league isn't strong this season, or last season etc. But from when we first came into the league the standard has improved so much. And in a league where every season anybody can beat anybody, I don't know what saying the league isn't strong implies? More teams are trying to play football now, not just in this league but lower too and I think it's down to a country-wide mentality. Allardyce's type of football isn't pretty and he's starting to get found out - add to that the players he's brought in and their wages and if West Ham don't go up this season they're in BIG trouble.

Astute

I remember playing WBA at HR about 10 years ago. Day of the tsunami. Had to drive from Lincolnshire to Glasgow then to Cov in heavy snow to take a couple of my lads to the game. They couldn't believe the size of the WBA players to ours. Their shortest player was the size of our tallest. We won with a late goal. Them days you had the biggest, strongest players you could get. Now most teams go up by playing football, not hoofball. A lot has changed in the last 10 years.

BurbageSkyBlues

The OP was about the hammers fans being fickle.

Aside from some valid comments about style of football etc, I don't think we can accuse them of being fickle. Their fans have still turned up, despite the style of play, they are voicing their distaste, which we shouldn't bemoan, because they are entitled to , surely?

aodea

Football is a sport that will never have a set one way to play. look at Barcelona and Real madrid two brillant teams who play two very differnt styles of football yet both are superb to watch. People complain about west hams style of football but when they were top noboday batted an eyelid. There having a bad spell and its come at the worst time of season. i for one dont think reading play attractive football yet at the moment they are getting all the plaudits. Look at Stoke and swansea in the prem two very differnt approachs to the game yet two clubs who will stay up.

Big sam annoys me withb his interviews but he is a good manager. Did unreal job at Bolton and managed to bring some amazing players to that club, Okocha and Djorkeff and Anelka. I also feel he was hard done by at Newcastle and Blackburn in particular. Everytime i have heard him speak football he is astude, realistic and willing to try new things. I would have liked him at Coventry cause he gets results.

Astute

Was that the game when jonnie Jackson scored in the last minute. Ahhh the west tetrace!

That was the game, but think I have my games and dates mixed up :) Think Jackson came on as sub and scored with 1st touch of the ball :laugh: My memory plays me up at times though. Think Adebola was with us then. Could be wrong though :confused:

stupot07

I remember playing WBA at HR about 10 years ago. Day of the tsunami. Had to drive from Lincolnshire to Glasgow then to Cov in heavy snow to take a couple of my lads to the game. They couldn't believe the size of the WBA players to ours. Their shortest player was the size of our tallest. We won with a late goal. Them days you had the biggest, strongest players you could get. Now most teams go up by playing football, not hoofball. A lot has changed in the last 10 years.

I remember playing stoke at home the season they went up, we ripped them a new one in the first half and were 1-0 up, then second half they just bombarded us with balls all to sadibe and amoebi and we lost 2-1. I don't think they had a player under 6ft that day.

My original post was a slight parody about how fans in general are fickle. The example was West Ham and how football is forgotten when results are achieved. The moment results don't come, the football is questioned. Big Sam will only play one way and it may work or it may not.
I was amazed by a set ot fans - who have always prided themselves on playing football - getting off on their strikers literally stamping over defenders at the Ricoh and scoring goals by sheer brute force rather than skill.
I must be a liberal because I hate the way Stoke City play 'football' and would rather see CCFC in the conference than watch that, but, watched the Copa Del Rey last year when Real Madrid beat Barcelona and was bored shitless at half-time. No physical contact and 'butterfly' football.
My position? Try to play football with agression and spirit, like 1967 and 1987....

Astute

My original post was a slight parody about how fans in general are fickle. The example was West Ham and how football is forgotten when results are achieved. The moment results don't come, the football is questioned. Big Sam will only play one way and it may work or it may not.
I was amazed by a set ot fans - who have always prided themselves on playing football - getting off on their strikers literally stamping over defenders at the Ricoh and scoring goals by sheer brute force rather than skill.
I must be a liberal because I hate the way Stoke City play 'football' and would rather see CCFC in the conference than watch that, but, watched the Copa Del Rey last year when Real Madrid beat Barcelona and was bored shitless at half-time. No physical contact and 'butterfly' football.
My position? Try to play football with agression and spirit, like 1967 and 1987....

So you have enjoyed 2 seasons out of 45

Users who are viewing this thread