Who was the Last (unknown) trialist we signed? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

We hear of many random foreign players down at Ryton for trials. It seems very rare that it comes to anything.

Just wondered who we've signed in the past using this method?

Any ideas?

torchomatic

What about that Indian fella?

TheHellion

We signed a player whose nickname was "Frankie" (looked like Frankie Dettori) this way I think. Can't remember what his actual name was now though. He only played one or two games before we released him I think. I thought he looked an OK player at the time. Willing to have a crack at goal from range.

torchomatic

There was a player who actually played at the Ricoh when Micky Adams was here. I remember he was a "tricky" winger and played great I thought that night - it was a midweeker - but MA still didn't sign him. Of course, there was the French bloke at the beginning of last season (or the one before) who played brilliantly in the pre-season friendly and who also didn't get a deal.

kg82

There was a player who actually played at the Ricoh when Micky Adams was here. I remember he was a "tricky" winger and played great I thought that night - it was a midweeker - but MA still didn't sign him. Of course, there was the French bloke at the beginning of last season (or the one before) who played brilliantly in the pre-season friendly and who also didn't get a deal.

I remember the second one - he was from Southend. Can't remember his name though.

Chipfat

Lauret was the winger from Southend... the other was Morrocan played against leicester look a decent player.....

wingy

Remember him ,i thiught it was a likeness to FRANK SINATRA that brought the nickname looked bloody useful, under ADAMS tenure think he may have been morrocan .

TheHellion

what a player nuddy was

Always remember the day he destroyed Liverpool at Anfield. Absolute quality with the ball. Real little trickster, and could score a few as well.

Gray

Orlando Smeekes was on trial a year or two ago thought he was quite good when pay him against Hinkley

torchomatic

procdoc

did we take Hussey on trial before we signed him?

Also I've heard David Bell is going on trial, for inpersonating a professional footballer

torchomatic

mark82

did we take Hussey on trial before we signed him?

Also I've heard David Bell is going on trial, for inpersonating a professional footballer

No. We had him on loan. At the same time as Gary Madine. We could do with someone like him right now.

ccfcdan

Im pretty sure we signed Donovan Simmonds following a trial. Never really cut it though, He was playing for Nuneaton Boro a couple of seasons ago.

Sky_Blue_Daz

What evr happened to Colin Hawkins, thought he was pretty decent

wingy

I think Roussel was initially on trial, then his club tried to extort us after he did better than expected.
God he looked good for 10-15 games ,really thought he was going to make it
,must have been running on adrenalin.but i think we sold Keane ,he got into arelationship he was in went sour ,and then one of his best mates in Belgium died ,and it left him as quickly as he'd found it.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Always remember the day he destroyed Liverpool at Anfield. Absolute quality with the ball. Real little trickster, and could score a few as well.

If I remember, we played Ndlovu with Nii Lamptey up front. I still maintain the smallest front two we've ever fielded - neither one would have been over 5' 6"

Users who are viewing this thread