who thinks we will be liquadated if sisu dont win the judicial review (1 Viewer)

skybrew

who thinks Coventry city will be liquidated if sisu don't win the judicial review

I do I think they'll cut there losses and go if they don't win the case I honestly fear for next season

skybluetony176

Who knows. I think you'll struggle to find anyone who believes that they're here for their love of the club so I guess anythings possible.

chiefdave

Hopefully someone would offer to buy the club off SISU for more than they would get from liquidation.

wingy

I don't think we will be Liquidated ,more a chance of an Admin event and another shuffle .Perhaps the creation of another company appearing within the group ,likely with Fisher + others solely at the helm ,SISU gone .

If this were to coincide with similar happening simultaneously within ACL at that point a marriage of the two and then sold on

Ian1779

Fucking hell... do you also believe that the moon is made of cheese and the Illuminati secretly run the globe?

Never heard such nonsense.

Kingokings204

Fucking hell... do you also believe that the moon is made of cheese and the Illuminati secretly run the globe?

Never heard such nonsense.

Why wouldn't they Ian?

(I'm genuinely interested)

Ian1779

Why wouldn't they Ian?

(I'm genuinely interested)

They have a far greater chance of recouping their investment if the club continues. If it was liquidated they would get zero. Absolutely nothing.

It is quite possibly the most ridiculous suggestion that people make... fucking scaremongers.

Sky Blue Harry H

images
Maybe they will, maybe they won't??????

ccfcway

They have a far greater chance of recouping their investment if the club continues. If it was liquidated they would get zero. Absolutely nothing.

It is quite possibly the most ridiculous suggestion that people make... fucking scaremongers.

they also stand a far greater chance of losing even more money.

sky blue john

But I guess you think its ok for Tim & Joy to threaten liquidation ?

Grendel

shmmeee

How's the recouping the investment going right now?

It costs them £7m/year to keep us going, and we're constantly told to be grateful for it.

I can't see us getting liquidated because someone will always take a gamble on a club like us and they could cut a deal for the debt similar to Robinson allegedly did. But considering they've said on numerous occasions that they would do it, I'm not sure why the incredulity.

To answer OP: No (for the reasons stated above). But I do believe it would be our best chance of a lasting future. The idea of some kind of co-investment or delayed debt deal with Byng sends shivers down my spine.

Como

As long as the Golden Share has a value to somebody else it would be reasonable to assume that it would be sold if the Club, the Company, was Liquidated.

In my mind the Club - the golden share. Who holds it varies.

Kingokings204

That's my worry. I see what Ian is saying but they also stand to lose a hell of a lot more which I would say is more likely.

I'm seriously worried for ccfc and sisu want the best for them not the fans and the club.

kmj5000

No, I agree, it's far better to keep the club stumbling along for the next 4/5 years,incurring further losses, and still get nothing because it will still be worth FA then!

After all, these are professional investors - they know what they are doing!

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

I think if they lose they will appeal, after that sisu will cut all funding. At a guess it will be up to Tim Laurel and Mark Hardy to keep the club going for the sake of their jobs.

skybluetony176

The judge was wrong in the recent court case, its clearly -10 all

I guess that's one way of looking at it. Perhaps the shouty council out element will stop going on about how ACL cost us 10points last season as it had about the same overall effect as the 10points sisu cost us the season before. I won't hold my breath though.

letsallsingtogether

Come on Grendel pretty poor even to your standards.
There is a massive divide between a CVA and admin ?

Back to the question I don't believe they will put the club into admin I believe they will build there Lego stand and hope for the best.
First of all they need to give the fans something or we are doomed so far have given us Diddy squat.

Well here's to hoping..........
Seems ok for the council to reject a CVA so why not?

shmmeee

I predict administration. A proper one, not a rigged one. And Byng picking up the pieces.

shmmeee

I guess that's one way of looking at it. Perhaps the shouty council out element will stop going on about how ACL cost us 10points last season as it had about the same overall effect as the 10points sisu cost us the season before. I won't hold my breath though.

No! You don't understand! That 10 points doesn't matter because we were never going to get to the playoffs, whereas this season it does matter because we're only ........ 24 points off the playoffs!

Playing politics in our first two seasons down was downright suicidal. Fucking stupid. Get the club promoted, then the fans will back your calls for Ann Lucas to commit seppaku on the council house steps if you want. Don't do it when we've just gone down and everyone is pissed off.

skybluetony176

I think if they lose they will appeal, after that sisu will cut all funding. At a guess it will be up to Tim Laurel and Mark Hardy to keep the club going for the sake of their jobs.

I think I'm right in saying that they can only appeal if they bring fresh evidence to the table. They can't appeal on the grounds of the first hearing. Let's hope that they don't hold any evidence back for this scenario. After all it would be a great way to continue distressing ACL while waiting for a new court date. Off course they wouldn't have any concerns about distressing the fan base as it would almost certainly mean at least one more season at suxfields.

shmmeee

I think I'm right in saying that they can only appeal if they bring fresh evidence to the table. They can't appeal on the grounds of the first hearing. Let's hope that they don't hold any evidence back for this scenario. After all it would be a great way to continue distressing ACL while waiting for a new court date. Off course they wouldn't have any concerns about distressing the fan base as it would almost certainly mean at least one more season at suxfields.

Surely as they're selling tickets we're at Sixfields next year whatever?

skybluetony176

Surely as they're selling tickets we're at Sixfields next year whatever?

Most likely, they're certainly not going to be saying anything different this side of the JR. There is plenty of time afterwards though to arrange a return and you never know sense might prevail.

Ian1779

Points deductions aside, I don't think there is any evidence that a liquidation event would occur seriously. There is simply no logic to it. Now before the inevitable comments that they haven't applied much logic so far - financially it doesn't makes sense - they wouldn't even have the golden share as an asset to recoup on, PR wise it would destroy the SISU group of companies, and they would stand to lose far more than what they put into CCFC.

Otis

they also stand a far greater chance of losing even more money.

Which is a very fair point indeed. Liquidate, get nothing, carry on for say 5 years as we are and continue to hemorrhage money.

Not pretty whichever way you look at it.

bigfatronssba

Points deductions aside, I don't think there is any evidence that a liquidation event would occur seriously. There is simply no logic to it. Now before the inevitable comments that they haven't applied much logic so far - financially it doesn't makes sense - they wouldn't even have the golden share as an asset to recoup on, PR wise it would destroy the SISU group of companies, and they would stand to lose far more than what they put into CCFC.

Whilst at the moment the business world is in awe of Sisu's fiscal and managerial competence?

Users who are viewing this thread