Who Starts on Saturday? (1 Viewer)

With such a good performance from Tudgay vs Burton surely he has to retain his starting place?
My front four would be Armstrong Lameiras Murphy
Tudgay

Possibly drop Lamerias and play JOB?
What do people think of Armstrong coming in from the right,as he did vs Wigan?

Added to this does Martin retain his place? Does Burge stay in?

Skyblueweeman

Burge will stay in. Mowbray has pretty much as well said so.

Hard to drop Tudgay as he did well (other than his goal) and Martin should probably start. I think the back 5 will probably be the same as Burton, just depends on who drops out if Armstrong comes back on or if he'll start Armstrong from the bench.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Scunthorpe are usually a pain in our backside starting tudgay gives us the best chance to win id leave Armstrong on the bench and unleash a fresh Arma in the 60th min when they start to drop off fitness wise

tom88

Same team but Armstrong in for Tudgay

Tudgay did play very well but he knows he is only a bit part player this season

covcity4life

i would start armstrong myself,still more of a threat from minute 1

although job has been not his normal self last 2 games so wouldnt mind seeing him replaced by armstrong perhaps

lifeskyblue

Tudgay and Armstrong for me. Job on bench to do a job towards end hopefully when we are a couple goals to the good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Our top goalscorer on the bench? Armstrong has to play.

If you recall, TM said he would change the team and the tactics depending on who we are playing.

With his pace and eye for goal, Armstrong has to play.

Burton was a one off and many players were not available.

Armstrong for Tudgay, unless he plays two up front.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Our top goalscorer on the bench? Armstrong has to play.

If you recall, TM said he would change the team and the tactics depending on who we are playing.

With his pace and eye for goal, Armstrong has to play.

Burton was a one off and many players were not available.

Armstrong for Tudgay, unless he plays two up front.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Only a mad man would leave the top scorer on the bench. JOB will start. Personally I would like RCC to come in for Burge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Fergusons_Beard

What pleases me is the squad it's starting to get some real depth.

The subs bench no longer filled with untried youngsters but international u19/20/21's.

With these new loan signings my optimism is reaching new levels!

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

Otis

Agreed. Only a mad man would leave the top scorer on the bench. JOB will start. Personally I would like RCC to come in for Burge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yep, would be crazy not to bring Armstrong back in. Our biggest goal threat by a country mile.

shmmeee

Armstrong and Tudgay have the same goals to starts ratio. Put that in your pipe!

TBF though it's harsh I'd drop Tudgay. Just because I'm greedy and want to see a front 4 of Murphy, Kent, Lameiras and Armstrong. With Tudgay Fortune and O'Brien to come on if needed.

*drools*

Bugsy

Armstrong and Tudgay have the same goals to starts ratio. Put that in your pipe!

TBF though it's harsh I'd drop Tudgay. Just because I'm greedy and want to see a front 4 of Murphy, Kent, Lameiras and Armstrong. With Tudgay Fortune and O'Brien to come on if needed.

*drools*

that Does sound class....PUSB

PVA

Give Ruben a rest.

Murphy, Tudgay and JOB behind Armstrong, or Tudgay up top with AA.

Hobo

Armstrong will be back in. Tudgay will be on the bench. Lamieras might have a rest with Fortune given a start; but that is the only other change I can see.

H

Huckerby

*drools*
Oh my god, where has this team come from??? Can't wait

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

PVA

why ruben? he was infintley better than job was on weekend

I agree, but he seems to have faded away late in the last couple of games so I'm wondering if he needs a bit of a rest. He's probably not used to such physical football.

Give him a little rest and then bring him on to unlock the tired Scunthorpe defence...

stupot07

Give Ruben a rest.

Murphy, Tudgay and JOB behind Armstrong, or Tudgay up top with AA.

I can't see him doing that. Although Tudguy played that position a few times last season, it will change the dynamic of how are midfield play. He's not a ball carrier, he's not going to turn and run and commit players, he isn't going to moved fluidly and swap positions with JOb and Murphy. The same problem if you go a conventional 2 up top, the midfield become more static.

If Rubén is fading in games he needs subbing earlier.

harvey098

Real good debate this one. It's a dilemma, really we have to bring Armstrong straight back in but what message does that send out to the rest of the squad... If you get your chance and take it you'll still be dropped next game

harvey098

Also says to Armstrong that he's undroppable, will that subconsciously effect his mentality/work rate on the pitch

tom88

Real good debate this one. It's a dilemma, really we have to bring Armstrong straight back in but what message does that send out to the rest of the squad... If you get your chance and take it you'll still be dropped next game

Also says to Armstrong that he's undroppable, will that subconsciously effect his mentality/work rate on the pitch

I agree with both of these but Tudgay knows he is not going to be a regular, he has even accepted this himself in post match interviews, Tudgay is a squad player and he is happy with this.

Otis

I agree with both of these but Tudgay knows he is not going to be a regular, he has even accepted this himself in post match interviews, Tudgay is a squad player and he is happy with this.

Yep and I'm sure TM has told him this. A valuable squad player.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

if you hated my idea of benching Armstrong you'll form a mob when i tell you why. the last 2 he has played he has been completely shut down unleashing a fresh Arma on a tired defense could be just what he needs to get some space he is still only 18 what ever happened to not expecting to much from players that young if he was one of ours we would all be talking about over playing him and putting to much pressure on him at a young age. could also argue you dont change a winning team.

tbf as far as debates go on this site isnt this a nice one to have, we have to many decent players who would have thought it 3 months ago

covcity4life

silence is the enemy- you have a point about arma as a sub. either way i am sure mowbray will make the right decision

Specs WT-R75

What a refreshing issue to have :)

Burge, Stokes, Reda, Martin, Rickets, Fleck, Vincelot

Those 7 are without question with the exception of Martin/Phillips. I think he will stick with same back 5.

So that leaves JOB, Tudgay, Lameiras, Armstrong, Murphy for the remaining 4 slots.

I think if Tudgay plays then Arma will be out wide in the same 4-2-3-1 formation. Murphy left, Arma right, JOB with some interchange...

So Lameiras on the bench for me.

Paxman II

Yes seeing everyone's arguments here does show what a tough decision this is. But it's Scunny and they are rubbish.
I think he may play Tudgay as Scunny are defensive minded and he can be more physical from the start. Armstrong will play his part with pace and direct running but we should have enough to have the game won before needing that.
Having said all that he could start them both!

SkyBlueJord

What a refreshing issue to have :)

Burge, Stokes, Reda, Martin, Rickets, Fleck, Vincelot

Those 7 are without question with the exception of Martin/Phillips. I think he will stick with same back 5.

So that leaves JOB, Tudgay, Lameiras, Armstrong, Murphy for the remaining 4 slots.

I think if Tudgay plays then Arma will be out wide in the same 4-2-3-1 formation. Murphy left, Arma right, JOB with some interchange...

So Lameiras on the bench for me.

Add Kent to that list now!

skybluesam66

surely time to send george thomas out on loan
with the 2 new players last week - who arent even mentioned above
Tudgay and lameiras potentially also on the bench - G thomas is probably well down the pecking order

Get him out on a loan for experience

Specs WT-R75

Add Kent to that list now!
Indeed, he looks like a good-un too from his video. Not afraid to pass the ball after skinning a player or two. He will fit right in! We are starting to get some serious strength in depth. If we could get Pennington back on loan I think that would pretty much be the icing on the cake!

covcity4life

we are like chelsea and man city now with amount of skillfull or pacey players behind our striker

murphy=willen or navas
lameires=oscar or nasri
kent/maddison=hazard or silva

:) :) :)

lifeskyblue

Attacking wise we must have more options than any other club in league one. TM through the signings has clearly shown the style of football he expects and wants. For me the defence is still rather shaky and another quality defender would be welcome but you have to say for entertainment you can't beat going to watch ccfc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread