Who goes!? (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Biamou, ponticelli, jch, hiwula, bakayoko... Surely we can't have a squad with this many strikers.

Ponticelli out on loan looks a cert now. I'd look at maycock playing the full 90 mins on sat in league 2. If ponticelli can get that every week, it would be perfect. Jch says he isn't going so who is?

Is this the end of chaplin?

SkyBlueCRJ

Don't forget that the loan window is live until the 31st August. There may not be any movement out the club for a few weeks yet.

fatso

I still think we need better than what we’ve got. Keeping my fingers crossed for Chaplin to sign before the window closes.
As far as who goes, I’d keep Ponticelli, but wouldn’t worry if any or all of the others go, as long as they are replaced.

Hobo

I still think we need better than what we’ve got. Keeping my fingers crossed for Chaplin to sign before the window closes.
As far as who goes, I’d keep Ponticelli, but wouldn’t worry if any or all of the others go, as long as they are replaced.

What makes you think Chaplin is better than Hiwula? Three quarters of Chaplin's goals were in League 2. Hiwula has scored more and most in League 1 with a few in the Championship.

shmmeee

Not a dig at you but serious question: when was the last youth player fans all wanted to play who lived up to the hype? Maddison, Bayliss both seemed to come out of nowhere. Wilson and Turner actually had fans wanting them dropped.

I love an academy player as much as the next guy but maybe we're a bit biased.

Magwitch

Willis
Rumours on social media that JCH is going and Chaplin will be in before Saturday.
Think JCH has said he ain’t going anywhere then I suppose he would.
I’m certain there will be more to come in and a central defender to be next in, which might see Willis on the move, also not sure what’s happening re Lee Burge is he injured or as rumoured somewhere off to Wigan ?

Polar

Biamou, ponticelli, jch, hiwula, bakayoko... Surely we can't have a squad with this many strikers.

Ponticelli out on loan looks a cert now. I'd look at maycock playing the full 90 mins on sat in league 2. If ponticelli can get that every week, it would be perfect. Jch says he isn't going so who is?

Is this the end of chaplin?

Last year we had

Mcnulty
Biamou
Nazon
Beavon
Ponticelli

Seems like 5 strikers on the books is business as usual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Mr Panda says any Chaplin deal is dead now.

He’s been correct abt most things this summer.

Well he kind of arrives after the Lord Mayor show and plays his cards right

Captain Dart

Mr Panda says any Chaplin deal is dead now.

He’s been correct abt most things this summer.

Yeah, well the Chaplin thread ain't dead, it has considerable longevity. Till next summer minimum even if I have to bump it myself. :emoji_laughing:

fernandopartridge

So this is our strike force until January? Not exactly filled with confidence

We've got 2 strikers who have scored goals in L1 and the Championship (JCH and Hiwula), 1 who has scored in L1 and then Biamou and Ponti. We've otherwise got goals potentially in all of the following: Andreu, Jones, Allisani, Bayliss

It isn't all just about relying on one player, we can't afford to put all our eggs in one basket as it's a long season.

fatso

Not a dig at you but serious question: when was the last youth player fans all wanted to play who lived up to the hype? Maddison, Bayliss both seemed to come out of nowhere. Wilson and Turner actually had fans wanting them dropped.

I love an academy player as much as the next guy but maybe we're a bit biased.
I just like the movement of Ponticelli, he’s a natural poacher imho, I’d like to see how he developed over the next couple of years, he’s still young and could (I repeat could) be something special. Even if he just turns out to be average, then he will bring in a bit of cash if sold on.
I do feel that given a run of starts, he will score more than any of the other strikers currently on our books. Although Hiwula is still an interesting prospect.

Brighton Sky Blue

We've got 2 strikers who have scored goals in L1 and the Championship (JCH and Hiwula), 1 who has scored in L1 and then Biamou and Ponti. We've otherwise got goals potentially in all of the following: Andreu, Jones, Allisani, Bayliss

It isn't all just about relying on one player, we can't afford to put all our eggs in one basket as it's a long season.

The bigger question is how do we accommodate this gluttony of midfielders and strikers and get the best out of them. Good job that Robins is being paid to work that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread