Whitley Abbey School RIP (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's a failing school and in their wisdom those running the show have decided to change its name. Part of the Finham Park academic trust apparently.

Terry Gibson's perm

Nice for the parents if they have to buy new uniforms etc, seems an awful waste of money all the new designs and stationery etc.

chiefdave

Its not been Whitley Abbey for years has it?

Not really sure about these MATs running an ever increasing number of schools. Gut instinct is it just means someone at the top taking money out that should be going into education but would need to look into it more.

napolimp

Its not been Whitley Abbey for years has it?

Not really sure about these MATs running an ever increasing number of schools. Gut instinct is it just means someone at the top taking money out that should be going into education but would need to look into it more.

You're right, it's not. It's called Whitley Academy. The name's being changed to Meadow Park - which has a historical connection to the area, so not random.

A lot of schools tend to go through cycles of being well run - President Kennedy is a prime example, now one of the best schools in the city. Whitley was a great school, the Finham Park MAT need time to bring it back up to standard, I've heard there's going to be a lot of changes in September though.

David O'Day

You're right, it's not. It's called Whitley Academy. The name's being changed to Meadow Park - which has a historical connection to the area, so not random.

A lot of schools tend to go through cycles of being well run - President Kennedy is a prime example, now one of the best schools in the city. Whitley was a great school, the Finham Park MAT need time to bring it back up to standard, I've heard there's going to be a lot of changes in September though.
yeah didn't it get outstanding for years in a row

Brighton Sky Blue

That MAT is being run pretty horrendously from what I hear. The more schools which join, the more thinly spread the funding they receive with the CEO getting bonuses for each new school he incorporates.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Does that mean they get to reset their OFSTED rating in the process?
I've not a clue. I just think name changing is silly.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread