Which managers would be most likely to GUARANTEE success? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Instead of messing about looking for a manger who might get us up/ keep us up who could we realistically get that could as near as damn it guarantee success? Who's available and who would come.

So for example Martin O'Neil I'm sure could do it, but won't come. But someone like George Graham could do it and for the right money might be persuaded.... So who is there that could almost give us that cast iron guarantee, because I'd suggest it's worth busting the bank to bring in someone who would get us the results.

Covstu

Yes there is nowt in the bank to bust!!! We cannot even sell the ground to raise funds!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

derbyskyblue

Its a tough one to call, what we need is a new manager who would command instant respect from the players. Gary neville is a good shout along with paul scholes. I know its all far fetched but if they wanted to go into management what better way to cut your teeth in management. And if they ever did lead us back to the premiership that would stand up with all there medals as propably there biggest achievement. Now back to reality......

rob9872

Good players don't necessarily make good managers. We've been down the untried route and we've tried the experienced route. We've had people who have been promoted from this league, big name managers with big reputations, those that have tried to play football and those that have hoofed it quickly from front to back. They've all failed. Why you might ask? They can't all be bad managers we can't always sign the worst players. Some have had investment others have had the rug pulled from under them and added bad luck with key injuries and suspensions. We all know this so why am I repeating this?

Well the one name that crops up in all City fans polls is one who was never even permanent and who was in charge for a very short time - Eric Black.

In the past I have dismissed the idea quoting "what else has he done?" "it was a honeymoon period and with better players" etc etc but the truth is that in a short space he transformed us into an exciting attacking force. I think we're all past expecting City to be world beaters and would accept the occasional 4-3 reversal to watch some entertainment. Let's be positive make the next move the right one. Of course it's easier said than done but we need entertaining football with pace on the ings and creativity in the middle.

If I had a magic wand I would take Sean O'Driscoll but I doubt we could afford to take him even if he was willing.

singers_pore

I don't think any manager could do it under the current financial circumstances. Our only hope is to find new investors.

rob9872

I don't think any manager could do it under the current financial circumstances. Our only hope is to find new investors.

You live in Singa! Lucky thing. I came out a couple of years ago to play poker - fantastic place (if a little expensive)

sky_blue_up_north

You cannot guarantee anything ever... unless it's Peter Reid, he will take us back the Premiership....:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread