Wheres the Tesco Stand gone??? (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

Have i missed something or have lost another sponsor for one of the stands which has gone unnoticed??? i.e. before yesterdays game i new nothing about it!!!

Lord_Nampil

whatever league we are in next season, we need to do something like this

http://www.1000goals.com/virtual-fans-line-the-stands-to-watch-the-triestina-padova

Close off one of the stands to save on policing, etxra staff etc

I guess that depends on league and if a take over happens and we actually spend money in the summer, if that happens attendances will rise what ever league we are in.

BUT

I do think it would look better in areas which are empty, I wish we had reduce the capacity to only 25,000 and sell areas of the ground we wont fill to advertising, i.e. (not a blue sheet) I think we could only do that if we owned the ground though, Brighton have done that this season an probably made alot of money from it!!!!

jwoodall

the money from sponsership would go to acl not coventry city as we dont own the ground and acl do. it means they have lost money not ccfc

WillieStanley

A friend of mine works in the ticketing office. Its only in planning stage at the moment, but it looks like they're going to move everyone forward to the front, closer to the pitch. Whilst I like the idea, I like my seat and would be one of those who has to move!

WillieStanley

well, potentially it'll look better on the cameras, but everyone would lose the two extra seat luxery...

pusbccfc

Well at half time, they said we will be giving a shirt into the East Stand FORMALLY known as the tesco stand.

ccfctommy

John Dalziel said it was the East stand, formerly the tesco stand at HT yesterday.

So I guess we are the east stand boys!

wingy

May be something to do with the olympic games ,one coming up in April,no external branding permitted.I personally like the idea of bringing the crowd to the front ,we can increase the intensity from there ,influence refs /players,gives me great pleasure to vent my spleen from row 3,not so good when wet though .They would have to encourage it through price band though ,not impose it ,or could be another way to alienate fans.

wingy

Its probably acknowlegded as that as part of the agreement with the Stadium and will be for the rest of the season if my assertion above is correct

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Changing the stand layout / access to rows would cause problems. What would the 'true sky blue' people with padded seats do? Would they be compensated for being made to move? Although I dont think we sold too many at the time, i bet there are a fair share in the 'Tesco / vacant stand name' stand.

Is this 'decision' the reason the season ticket details haven't been released yet?

I don't think this would really make any kind of a difference its not goin to achieve anything

they did this for the women's FA cup final so it looked better on TV...but when we bought our tickets, the women at the ticket office said we could go and sit in our season ticket seats at the back of Block 18....so don't know how this would make a difference to be honest.

MatthewWallis

Is this 'decision' the reason the season ticket details haven't been released yet?

It could be, it wouldn't affect me as I'm fairly low down where I sit but I don't think it's fair to move people who have been at the top for a few years

J

Jack Griffin

May be something to do with the olympic games ,one coming up in April,no external branding permitted.I personally like the idea of bringing the crowd to the front ,we can increase the intensity from there ,influence refs /players,gives me great pleasure to vent my spleen from row 3,not so good when wet though .They would have to encourage it through price band though ,not impose it ,or could be another way to alienate fans.

Yechhhhh ,I don't like anywhere near the front, you can't see the game properly, and as you pointed out you get wet. Sod that for a game of soldiers.

WillenhallSkyBlues

no one ever came up with the idea that tescos sponsorship has just ran out an they never renewed it? as far as I can remember they took over half way through the season after that telephone company went bust so the contracts probably over

Users who are viewing this thread