Where will we be in five years time? (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Would be interested to know what people think the next five years has in store for CCFC. Impossible to predict I appreciate but for a bit of fun lets speculate. I predict we will get relegated next March, struggle for two or three years in the lower reaches of League One and finally rebound and get promoted back to the Championship in about 4/5 years. By the law of averages we have to have some success some time and we are definitely not a League One size club with our ground, our heritage and the fact that Coventry is the ninth largest city in England. Having said this I can't see us returning to the Premiership for a very long time. How about everyone else?

@richh87

Same mate, would hope we'd come back up within 5 years and would then expect us to stay in the Championship.

Nonleagueherewecome

Depends how long it takes to get rid of SISU; if they go before next year, promoted back within 2-4 seasons. If they stay...Nuneaton will soon be our derby game; can't see anything other than consecutive relegations.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

My prediction is obviously assuming SISU leave by next season. If they are still here in five years I'd be surprised if there is a club at all.

kg82

My prediction is obviously assuming SISU leave by next season. If they are still here in five years I'd be surprised if there is a club at all.

In which case they wouldn't be here! Let's assume they're not by the end of this season anyway (it's nicer thinking of it like that) - I personally think we would have to get promotion back within the first 2 seasons else I could see it being exactly as it's been for the last 10 years... stuck in a rut and the only movement seems to be down.

cornoccfc

struggling in league 1, with some fans hoping for relegation in hope of having an 'easy' season in a lower division :facepalm:

@richh87

All dictated by finances - let's hope Hoff's backers are loaded and don't mind throwing money down the drain...

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
......... By the law of averages we have to have some success some time and we are definitely not a League One size club with our ground,..........

Law of averages??? er... have you any idea of CCFC's "averages"? One promotion in 1967, one 6th place finish in 1970, one FA Cup win in 1987. er.... that's about it really. So the law of averages says we'll be back in the Championship in about 15 years and maybe the Premier league in 30 years. I'll be well rotted in my box by then!!

kg82

Law of averages??? er... have you any idea of CCFC's "averages"? One promotion in 1967, one 6th place finish in 1970, one FA Cup win in 1987. er.... that's about it really. So the law of averages says we'll be back in the Championship in about 15 years and maybe the Premier league in 30 years. I'll be well rotted in my box by then!!

That's not law of averages Houch! Law of averages is years of underachievement and disappointment suggests we should be in for success soon - not that I buy into that!

ccfc2011

Premiership.

rob9872

AFC Coventry starting from the lower reaches of the pyramid :(

J

Jack Griffin

Depends on who owns the club, if it is SISU then still League One

Otis

I honestly believe that in 5 years time we will be treading water in the bottom reaches of League Two.

Unless we get major investment.

Glen

Southern league relegation hopefulls, lol meaning we get relegated every year from now on, just imagine the attendances at Ricoh then

Users who are viewing this thread