Where to play (1 Viewer)

wingy

Where could we play. where would you be willing to transfer CCFCs matches to ,considering it probably takes most fans an hour or more to achieve access to the abysmal RICOH .The arrangements as they stand are the biggest critical factor in CCFCs inability to generate revenue .The influx of our own income streams would surely outweigh the loss of any further fanbase ,could it get much lower.it would metorphorically give two fingers to the blaise ACL et al who ride on our clubs back.If only coundon rd was still there i'd be there in a shot.Just think we could compete with the rest in this division on a level playing field.

gouldberg

It's a shame there's no room to expand the Butts Park Arena and share with the rugby lads. Matchdays were so much more enjoyable being near the city centre and were easier to travel to.

There's parking at the Skydome and virtually every single bus travels through the city centre a 5 minute walk away. The station is also within walking distance. Would really like to see football back in the heart of the city.

wingy

Seriously lads consider it,the biggest factor in our failure is the arrangement we are in with the arena,we should break it

sky_blue_up_north

I tend to agree the Ricoh could be the death of our club, but the whole problem goes back to Richardson selling HR without ring fencing the proceeds to a new ground. If we move from the stadium it also leaves the council in a very sticky situation. Not been to the Butts for years, how many does it hold, if we get relegated which looks highly likely at the moment, a stadium that can take 5000 or 6000 might be big enough

coundonskyblue

I don't understand all the hostility towards ACL. We asked the council to build us a ground and they did. Could someone explain it to me please?

wingy

Agree with the sentiments SBUN ,but while i'm not being critical,its no use to continually refer to Richardsons failings ,it tends to talk the club down .Yes it got cocked up ,but it was a vision that should have worked had we survived in the prem,and benefitted this city greatly .we need to move on from past failures regarding the move .We need too talk the club up on its contribution to the success of the arena and recieve the rewards due ,which leads to the origonal OP.

sky_blue_up_north

I don't understand all the hostility towards ACL. We asked the council to build us a ground and they did. Could someone explain it to me please?

Don't think ACL are the problem, the fact is without revenue from the stadium we can never make money. We needed a ground after Richardson and the board had spend all the money from the sale of HR, we had no choice. We were lucky ACL funded the Ricoh else we could have gone bust ages ago. There was always the option to buy back 50%, never taken up by SISU. We should try the re negotiate the rent, else everyone will lose out, the council, that means everyone who pays council tax in Coventry, the fans as SISU lets the club fail, ACL as the without the football money the whole thing runs at a loss..

Astute

So many on here seem to ignore the past. What got us into this position? Richardson is a slight blot on our past now to so many. All our problems are down to SISU :facepalm:

Who sold our ground?

Who then left us homeless?

Who got us so heavily in debt?

For kit, must be the fault of SISU as everything else is :thinking about:

Yes, we need SISU to go, but not as much as we needed Richardson and his cronies to go. They forked us up for years. We are still in the recovery stage. We either keep to our income or need someone to blow millions on our target of the promised land. Our home is the reeko. We need the reeko as much as the reeko needs us. A marriage in despair :eek:

wingy

Or you get out of that shit marriage AStute ,and find a new partner,am not blind to the past ,but am not prepared to be wife beaten by the current marriage ,we will never achieve this pie in the sky aim of promotion,already thrown £ 60+m. at that.Perspective for me is SKYBLUE have no interest in the success of ACL /council,and am not willing to talk club down becuase of previous regimes percieved failures.

Lord_Nampil

The problem is when sisu took us over we were averaging over 20,000 a season. They saw a fan base where if they got the formula right we would average over the magic 23,000! That we still need to average to break even !!! The problem was we slumped! And Ransons master plan failed in the first season! Attendances fell and now we can't get 12,000 home fans!!!

My point is the agreement set up before sisu is still there today and not getting the gates required means we have to find another way to break even!!! We did sell our souls to play at the Ricoh, but there's nothing we can do about it !!

sky_blue_up_north

The problem is when sisu took us over we were averaging over 20,000 a season. They saw a fan base where if they got the formula right we would average over the magic 23,000! That we still need to average to break even !!! The problem was we slumped! And Ransons master plan failed in the first season! Attendances fell and now we can't get 12,000 home fans!!!

My point is the agreement set up before sisu is still there today and not getting the gates required means we have to find another way to break even!!! We did sell our souls to play at the Ricoh, but there's nothing we can do about it !!

Fair point but the Ranson plan went tits up once we sold Dann and Fox. If Ranson is to be believed, and we got Carroll and Henderson, plus maybe Jack Cork, we would have had a side more than capable of getting us back the Premiership, trouble was SISU refused to follow the original plan. SISU screwed up at that moment in time, and will never recover in near/medium future without a major cash injection. Ranson's plan was the right one, but it was never fully backed. We now have a piss poor side, with little value left in it. A manager that is not been backed by the board. A fan base the is more disillusioned than one I've every known in my 50 years following City

Nonleagueherewecome

Fair point but the Ranson plan went tits up once we sold Dann and Fox. If Ranson is to be believed, and we got Carroll and Henderson, plus maybe Jack Cork, we would have had a side more than capable of getting us back the Premiership, trouble was SISU refused to follow the original plan. SISU screwed up at that moment in time, and will never recover in near/medium future without a major cash injection. Ranson's plan was the right one, but it was never fully backed. We now have a piss poor side, with little value left in it. A manager that is not been backed by the board. A fan base the is more disillusioned than one I've every known in my 50 years following City

Couldn't agree more with all you've said there. I don't want to have the Richardson debate again, though..we'll be blaming a lack of respect by youngsters in the 60's for the riots this summer next...

wingy

Coundon ,the anti ACL stance comes from the arrangement we find ourselves in ,stripping us of our income ,they've subbed the stadium running out ,sit there smoking a fat cigar.You make it sound sound like the council made a benevolent gesture ,they did'nt spend a vast fortune of their own money producing this Stadium ,there actual outlay was around £30m.,they also took about £10m. land back from us ,i'd say they're getting more than their pound of flesh.Again i'd say to Lord,SBUN and NLHWC,its nothing to do with onfield affairs that is holding us back,its the current set up with the stadium.While i will never defend SISU there is nothing any potential owner could do to overcome this burden, unless they're willing to invest a vast sum to gain control.For that to happen strict criteria would have to be observed,so as to prevent an asset stripping excercise,for me there must be scope somewhere for a fans trust to be involved to safe guard the asset for the club itself .Finally LORD ,is there really nothing we can do about it,which prompted the OP

Astute

Where would I play? In goal as I am a goalkeeper.

wingy

Can anyone tell me why we should not recieve matchday revenues from the Ricoh,we pay currently double what ACL require to service the lease to the Council,it was probably close to treble or quadruple when we moved in.If we're the tennant on the day,why should'nt we recieve these streams,becuase we fooked up and deserve to be beaten with a big stick for ever more .I would love to see some figures for what their arrangements have been for occassional users ie;rock concerts ,internationals and Rugby for example ,just so we can see wether we're being treated fairly .If theres a deal to be done on the stadium ,why can't it be seperated out so that ACL control everything outside of the football pitch ,that way there would be no suspicion of owners asset stripping their enterprise ,"NOT THAT IT SHOULD INVOLVE THE CURRENT OUTFIT", regardless of ownership it should involve a fans trust to secure it for the football club only.Could that be a solution to us forever having to beat oursrlves with this big political stick.

Users who are viewing this thread