Where are you Gary Hoffman? (1 Viewer)

Tad

Seems like he's lost interest.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Think i will take my boots for the first game of the season,There's gonna be no fooker there!!!

CCFC_Charlie

Info from various people who spoke to Hoffman over the past weeks, still in talks but finds Coventry hard to negotiate with, still very much interested

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
just out of interest who is he in talks with ?

SISU say its not them
CCFC say its not them
Charity say its not them
ACL say its not them
Pretty sure the Council say its not them

You can choose to discount the first two but as any successful deal is dependent on the stadium income streams then you might think he would talk to the last three - especially the Charity as they own the shares he could get.

Not doing the guy down as such, am sure he is interested and has tried................... but there is nothing happening on his part at the moment. There is just no meaningful evidence to support the claims of on going constructive talks involving GH

Last edited:

Puck

Just a thought, could the debenture Arvo hold be the sticking point in any negotiations, not just with Hoffman but any interested party?
As I understand it a debenture is transferrable and as such is a strong bargaining point.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hoffman hasn't been able to find anyone who is serious about buying the club, that much is obvious. The news last week about chinese investors only told us that he is still looking and is meant to string us along for a bit longer believing there will be a saviour.
I think he has good intentions and I believe his lack of success isn't through a lack of trying but surely the speculation and lack of uncertainty generated by Hoffman/Keys telling us every month or so he has investors waiting in the wing an ready to make a bid etc. has destabilised the club and contributed to our relegation imo

BurbageSkyBlues

There is no public claim from Gary, himself, that he is closing in on a deal, is there? I don't understand the hostility from some people on here. It is others that are making (or hinting at) claims that he is active.

For all we know, they could be people trying to discredit him? I don't know one way or another, but I find it a little bit harsh that some pour scorn on him, based on alleged takeover attempts being reported by anonymous posters on a public forum!

All I do know, is that he and his family are loyal supporters like the rest of us, and that I suspect that he would like to do something if he can, using his contacts and business / finance skills. Wouldn't any of us?

I think that there are some on here who should ask themselves 'what have I done towards arranging a takeover to rescue my club?' before they criticise someone else for not having been able to seal a deal with an entity that doesn't want to play ball.

coundonskyblue

<p>
Hoffman hasn't been able to find anyone who is serious about buying the club, that much is obvious. The news last week about chinese investors only told us that he is still looking and is meant to string us along for a bit longer believing there will be a saviour.</p>
<p>I think he has good intentions and I believe his lack of success isn't through a lack of trying but surely the speculation and lack of uncertainty generated by Hoffman/Keys telling us every month or so he has investors waiting in the wing an ready to make a bid etc. has destabilised the club and contributed to our relegation imo

I very much doubt that Hoffman speculating about buying the club caused mcsheffrey to miss a pen against millwall or caused us to let in 2 late goals at palace.

SkyBlue_Bear83

<p>

I very much doubt that Hoffman speculating about buying the club caused mcsheffrey to miss a pen against millwall or caused us to let in 2 late goals at palace.
Not looking at a specific moment, just the team performance as a whole throughout the entire season. The speculation and uncertainty certainly didn't help, just played on the fans dislike of SISU to create a toxic atmosphere around the club.

Puck

Not looking at a specific moment, just the team performance as a whole throughout the entire season. The speculation and uncertainty certainly didn't help, just played on the fans dislike of SISU to create a toxic atmosphere around the club.

So the "toxic atmosphere" wasn't generated by SISU in the first place by selling off the family silver leaving us with a progressively depleted depleted squad that that had no hope of competing?

dongonzalos

just out of interest who is he in talks with ?

SISU say its not them
CCFC say its not them
Charity say its not them
ACL say its not them
Pretty sure the Council say its not them

You can choose to discount the first two but as any successful deal is dependent on the stadium income streams then you might think he would talk to the last three - especially the Charity as they own the shares he could get.

Not doing the guy down as such, am sure he is interested and has tried................... but there is nothing happening on his part at the moment. There is just no meaningful evidence to support the claims of on going constructive talks involving GH

Mr muttons responses today suggest to me that someone else is in his ear, re-read them and think about it

If Hoff is for real, I would be phoning Mr Mutton and suggesting that if he did not do a deal with SISU that I had someone waiting in the wings, who would not be prepared to pay the over inflated price SISU would want if they did get their deal

Grendel

Mr muttons responses today suggest to me that someone else is in his ear, re-read them and think about it

If Hoff is for real, I would be phoning Mr Mutton and suggesting that if he did not do a deal with SISU that I had someone waiting in the wings, who would not be prepared to pay the over inflated price SISU would want if they did get their deal

And you are basing this on....nothing.:facepalm::facepalm:

dongonzalos

And you are basing this on....nothing.:facepalm::facepalm:

Thanks for your feedback Wayne, which is entirely in line with my own views. However, as Leader of the Council I have to explore all options including bringing in new investors or new owners.

Best wishes,

John.

Paxman II

.....lets hope he is not referring to new investors who have no interest in the football club and new owners who would want the stadium but also have no interest in the football club? Wow that would make any future opportunity for CCFC to get a slice of the Ricoh near impossible for decades! Hope Mr Mouton knows what he is doing!

Anyone know if this 'leader of the council' (like he was a king) what educational background he has?
I just worry sometimes that councilors and politicians often lack intellect yet hold sway over so many decisions. Perhaps this councilor is merely Mouton dressed as lamb? ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thanks for your feedback Wayne, which is entirely in line with my own views. However, as Leader of the Council I have to explore all options including bringing in new investors or new owners.

Best wishes,

John.

I think you have to take that as meaning new owners or investors in ACL or the Stadium.......... which SISU would be if they became part of it (they are certainly talking to the council about it) .......... taking it to mean Hoffman is nothing more than a leap of faith

ccfcjohn

i agree with tha majority, Hoff certainly has the clubs best interests at heart, is a loyal fan along with his family, and would do anything he could to save the club and see us back in the Championship and Premiership soon after that.

But realistically story after story of false claims he will be our saviour have probably not done him any favours. Until something concrete is proven and we can all see he has the backing, i think we can forget about Hoffman coming up with anything other than a few season ticket sales or an executive box - if he pays for it that is!!!

rob9872

Thread: Where are you Gary Hoffman?

He's busy looking down the back of his sofa, hoping to table a bid 200% greater than the last one.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So the "toxic atmosphere" wasn't generated by SISU in the first place by selling off the family silver leaving us with a progressively depleted depleted squad that that had no hope of competing?
Of course it is largely there own doing but Hoffman and his crony Keys kept reigniting the fire by telling everyone he has investors and is trying to buy the club when he clearly doesn't have anyone serious about buying the club.
Then the board come out and say there is no offer/discussions at present and then everyone screams "but Keys said there was on twitter, SISU OUT!"

DazzleTommyDazzle

Of course it is largely there own doing but Hoffman and his crony Keys kept reigniting the fire by telling everyone he has investors and is trying to buy the club when he clearly doesn't have anyone serious about buying the club.
Then the board come out and say there is no offer/discussions at present and then everyone screams "but Keys said there was on twitter, SISU OUT!"

I think you'll find that the Board were usually quite precise in their comments and said that there were no "formal offers".

Unless you're doing a hostile takeover (which of course isn't possible in this context), I'd expect a "formal offer" to come at or near the end of negotiations.

So maybe a bit of spin all round.

Otis

Errm, haven't Sisu been saying for 5 years that they wanted to buy half the Arena and that they intended to do so? They clearly haven't had any one of their investors serious about buying the stadium.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Errm, haven't Sisu been saying for 5 years that they wanted to buy half the Arena and that they intended to do so? They clearly haven't had any one of their investors serious about buying the stadium.
No of course they have been bullshitting us for all there time at thee club, I just think everyone should move on and forget about Gary Hoffman. If in the future he does manage to get some serious investors, then fantastic but all this speculation has done more harm than good and frankly I tired of talking about it and it is boring now. It was interesting for about the first 2 months and we haven't heard any news for months apart from the compulsory the investors are still here we get every 4-6 weeks or so to string the fans along.

BurbageSkyBlues

Ccfc, sometimes these complex deals and convoluted discussions take considerable time and patience.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.........we should understand that saying, given our acceptance of Sisu as our saviours just a few years ago!

Grendel

Ccfc, sometimes these complex deals and convoluted discussions take considerable time and patience.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.........we should understand that saying, given our acceptance of Sisu as our saviours just a few years ago!

They don't take half a century. CCFC is right - time to move on.

theprince

A week ago an article appeared in the Coventry Telegraph announcing potential Chinese business men were looking to buy into the club, our club, Gary Hoffman's club. In that article it was stated Ken Grant, an expert in far eastern projects such as this is in charge of such negotiations, that was just a week ago, what do you expect. In that short time though all parties with valid interest have met including sisu head honcho the mysterious Joy Seppella. That suggests to me Mr Grant is having an effect and i hope and assume he is over Shangai doing is bit there.

In Hoffman I trust

Sumo the Micky Quinn

I fully understand it takes time to seal a deal, But like many people I wish people would stop giving me hope of a better CCFC future then nothing.

Hoffman had a deal last year - What has happened to that?

Keys was telling us a deal should be completed for last Christmas - What happened to that one?

Then last week in the telegraph 'POTENTIAL' Chinese business men.

I would rather hear Hoffman's own voice on the radio tell me what is going on. Than being spun stories by his uncles sister, twin cousin twice removed form my Great Great Great Grandmothers cat.

wingy

I'm sure we'd all like to hear Garry's take ,so can only assume his silence is in some way telling.

Users who are viewing this thread