When is James Maddison returning? (1 Viewer)

CamB

I was sure in August James Maddison was told to be out of games for 3 months. 3 months has passed and there is no word regarding when he is coming back. Any idea when he will be returning?

Skyblueweeman

Isn't he in training now? Maybe a surprise bench appearance in a couple of weeks?

Not having a 2nd round FA Cup game I think is going to work in our favour (bar any revenue we would've got).

ccfclinney

He's back in training now so shouldn't be to long. No point pushing it with the team doing nothing we'll let him fully recover I say

RFC

Spoke to him recently and he's well ahead of schedule, two weeks now so hopefully U21 run out and bench for Sheff. Utd, in a fortnight!

Kingokings204

He was getting a Starbucks at 2.50pm in new look before the game on Saturday. Looked in good shape to me

letsallsingtogether

Would leave it a bit longer like others have said play a few 45 minutes in the U21's. then bring him on for a couple subs appearances.
Get him fully fit and firing on all cylinders for January, just in case we lose a couple of loanees.

higgs

Don't think he's good enough to get into our team now would send him out on loan. Who would u drop for him?

Paxman II

Look Maddison looks a great prospect but talk of him being some kind of gods gift is premature. We are playing great and top of the table. Be c a reful what you wish for.When back he must fit into the team and system to earn his place and that is by no means easy.

Astute

Look Maddison looks a great prospect but talk of him being some kind of gods gift is premature. We are playing great and top of the table. Be c a reful what you wish for.When back he must fit into the team and system to earn his place and that is by no means easy.

If he can get back to the form he was in before he got injured he will be perfect for the system we play.

BlueElephant

Personally every time I've seen his play he's stood out like a sore thumb. I also have no doubts he'll be even better once he returns considering he's been working on his strength but agree there's no need to rush him back with the quality in our team right now.

SlowerThanPlatt

Lameiras should be loaned out if anyone. I think another L1 club would take him or at least a top end L2 club...Northampton maybe?

Kent, Murphy, O'Brien, Cole and Maddison will all be above him by the time we play Sheffield United

skybluelee

I spoke to him before Gills game and he said he would be back in 2 weeks. When's the next U21s match? Possibly a place on the bench for that?

stupot07

Can't wait for him to come back, was a joy to watch in before getting injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Leamington Pete

What's great about the squad at the moment is the number of game changing sub options we've got. Madders will be another of these until he regains his place in the starting line up.

stupot07

What's great about the squad at the moment is the number of game changing sub options we've got. Madders will be another of these until he regains his place in the starting line up.

Yeah, we had loads of game changing sub options on Saturday.....

But yes, a fit Cole and Maddison will bring this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Speedies_Chips

Lameiras should be loaned out if anyone. I think another L1 club would take him or at least a top end L2 club...Northampton maybe?

Kent, Murphy, O'Brien, Cole and Maddison will all be above him by the time we play Sheffield United

Or loan him out to Peterborough just to shut that Talksport twat up!

covcity4life

Can't wait for him to come back, was a joy to watch in before getting injured.

indeed he was, lamieries especially looked much better alongside him too

Yeah, we had loads of game changing sub options on Saturday.....

you just cant pass up any opportunity to be negative can you? you say it such smugness too, can tell it makes you happy

mowbray said himself that it wasnt like him to make no subs, but no lets focus on the ONE game he ddint make any and use that as proof we dont hve gamechangers on bench lmao

Last edited:

mechaishida

Personally every time I've seen his play he's stood out like a sore thumb. I also have no doubts he'll be even better once he returns considering he's been working on his strength but agree there's no need to rush him back with the quality in our team right now.

Excellent news, that the lad's been hitting the gym - his slight frame has always worried me and when he's injured, he's out for months at a time.

With a bit more physicality about him, he'll be well away.

stupot07

you just cant pass up any opportunity to be negative can you? you say it such smugness too, can tell it makes you happy

mowbray said himself that it wasnt like him to make no subs, but no lets focus on the ONE game he ddint make any and use that as proof we dont hve gamechangers on bench lmao

I'm neither smug nor negative.

I like how you purposefully deleted the end of that post which went on to say "but with Cole and Maddison fit we will have", just so you could have a pop at me. Why don't you fuck off and troll someone else.

skyblue14

Don't think he's good enough to get into our team now would send him out on loan. Who would u drop for him?

Really?

He doesn't have pace like Murphy and Kent - he has a different skillset. Good touch and control, even under pressure, sees a pass, good decision making. Probably the best candidate for the number 10 role tbh.

covcity4life

I'm neither smug nor negative.

I like how you purposefully deleted the end of that post which went on to say "but with Cole and Maddison fit we will have", just so you could have a pop at me. Why don't you fuck off and troll someone else.

please watch your mouth, very rude reply that was

i am not trolling, the last line isnt required because i am saying the bench without them has game changers, just because mowbray decided to keep pace on pitch for one game rathr than try physical(fortune) or technical(lameries,bigi) for e.g does not mean they are not game changers all of a sudden

Users who are viewing this thread