When did 4 wins in 22 games become acceptable to people? (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Because I don't think it's acceptable at all.

How many managers at other clubs has been on a same run and survived the sack?

covcity4life

how many managers gave us that start we had though? hes the one person who gave us a team to be proud of, but it only lasted 3 months unfortunley.

but for that glimmer of hope and what could be i dont mind him having another summer

ceetee

But the new Bulgarian signing can't be allowed to play until he has learnt our system. I didn't see a system last night and if we have one it it hasn't proved viable.

stupot07

Its not acceptable and neither is 9 losses in our last 13 games. Any other manager would have been sacked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

You also have to look at that initial form and accept that Armstrong was a complete unknown to opponents.

It took a while teams to learn how to play against him, but they gradually crowded him out and denied him space.

Of course he is good enough to still be able to score with regularity, as he is such a good player, but for those first 3 wins he had an awful lot of space.

A lot of teams would have known very little about him at all at first.

Nick

Administrator
But the new Bulgarian signing can't be allowed to play until he has learnt our system. I didn't see a system last night and if we have one it it hasn't proved viable.

Exactly, maybe Lorentzon was brought off last night because he doesn't fully know our system.

lifeskyblue

The only ones who know our system are the opposition who easily contain it. We have no system. In the last few games teams haven't had to raise a sweat to exploit our weaknesses and contain our threats. We were at home but how many saves did their keeper have to make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
The only ones who know our system are the opposition who easily contain it. We have no system. In the last few games teams haven't had to raise a sweat to exploit our weaknesses and contain our threats. We were at home but how many saves did their keeper have to make?

Exactly, every team knows our system and nullifys it easily.

The system of 1 up front at home, doesn't work now.

Otis

Very good point. How many times have we tested any keeper lately? Can only think of Alnwick at Peterborough.

Most games of late the keeper doesn't even have a save to make.

skybluebeduff

Whilst in exile, Pressley picked up 61 points that season.

Our form right now with 7 games to go...

Depressing if we don't even achieve that.

Ian1779

It's the lack of desire in the players that is the worst aspect.

IMO only RCC and Stokes show any kind of want to win.

Sky Blue Kid

how many managers gave us that start we had though? hes the one person who gave us a team to be proud of, but it only lasted 3 months unfortunley.

but for that glimmer of hope and what could be i dont mind him having another summer

Ermmm. Didn't SP do better when we had -10 points deficit?

Sky Blue Kid

how would i know we were in sixfields!

and judging from the highlights of that era it was alot of long ball to wilson. this season we played great for first half of seaosn

I did'nt go either, but that doesn't stop you from looking at points won does it?.... How would you know if it was long balls to Wilson. From what I remember of highlights of games a lot of his and Clarkes goals were little push through FB and CB balls or his own speed taking the ball from midfield and running half the length of the pitch on his own.

Otis

I did'nt go either, but that doesn't stop you from looking at points won does it?.... How would you know if it was long balls to Wilson. From what I remember of highlights of games a lot of his and Clarkes goals were little push through FB and CB balls or his own speed taking the ball from midfield and running half the length of the pitch on his own.
I couldn't even bring myself to watch the highlights. :(

Didn't follow the games at all. Darkest time of City's history and one I really wish to forget.

covcity4life

i wrote it in my post. judging from highlights it was alot of long ball over the top

not knocking it and im sure we played some good stuff too(4-0 vs carlisle had some well worked goals iirc) but overall i havnt been as happy watchihg cov as i was august to dec last year

thats why im not baying for mowbrays blood just yet

tom88

But does Mowbray know our system? I am not convinced.

He knows our system very well actually

Start the season well, get everyones hopes up then fall like a lead balloon when it comes to Christmas

Its the Coventry way and is in our DNA

DazzleTommyDazzle

The current run is obviously very poor and the fall away in form has been more than disappointing.

However, as has been discussed on other threads, sacking the manager and appointing a new one is not exactly a guarantee of success.

I was very pleased when we appointed TM, as he has always struck me as a decent manager who likes his teams to play attractive football - and at our current level, that's as good as it gets.

Personally I'd give him time here.

For those who (understandably) focus on the recent results, I'd suggest that we take a look back at the 63/64 season. Then we had a manager who'd already had a couple of years at the club and who wasn't having to rely largely on loans. From January 11th to March 31st we played 14 league games of which we won only 1 (on 28th March). Probably a good job that we stuck with him.

joemercersaces

What was so depressing last night was the sheer inevitability of it. For quite a few games now they have looked as though they are playing a practice match when the opposition look as if they care. They are a spent force, no passion, no energy, no fight, no leadership. Concede a goal now and that's game over, a sure sign of a team lacking character. We are the almost exact opposite of Leicester. Most of those players should be taking a very long hard look at themselves in the mirror today because last night they embarrassed us and themselves. Yes Colchester have picked up but we made them look like Spain at times. But if I went on the pitch and nobody tried to take the all off me I'd probably look half decent and I'm 53!

Nick

Administrator
What was so depressing last night was the sheer inevitability of it. For quite a few games now they have looked as though they are playing a practice match when the opposition look as if they care. They are a spent force, no passion, no energy, no fight, no leadership. Concede a goal now and that's game over, a sure sign of a team lacking character. We are the almost exact opposite of Leicester. Most of those players should be taking a very long hard look at themselves in the mirror today because last night they embarrassed us and themselves. Yes Colchester have picked up but we made them look like Spain at times. But if I went on the pitch and nobody tried to take the all off me I'd probably look half decent and I'm 53!

Have said it for months, no passion or fight in the team. No urgency or desire to win.

torchomatic

It's a shambles from ownership through management, coaching and choice of players. However, Mowbray proved he can do it so I for one would give him a chance to prove it next season without the loans and the "experience" he's brought in.

joemercersaces

You might have gathered this but I mainly blame the players. Clearly Mowbray has a wealth of football knowledge and managerial experience at high level. He said last night that the players basically did the exact opposite of the team talk in the first 20 minutes. I'd give him another year.

SkyBlueScottie

Mowbray has bought an infrastructure with him. Before him we had Pressley McFarland and another coach, seemingly Pressley had a scouting network, which all evaporated upon him leaving.

As a club we have to be in a better position than previously, which is why I am willing to give him another season at least.

Users who are viewing this thread