What's the worst album you've ever purchased? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I bought a stamp album once. It hadn't got any stamps in it!! :(

Houchens Head

I would have thought the better question would have been "what's the BEST album you've ever bought?" For me, "The Wall", Pink Floyd.
Worst? I bought a Daniel Beddingfield album for the missus once. She loves it, I hate it!

I'mARealWizard

I would have thought the better question would have been "what's the BEST album you've ever bought?" For me, "The Wall", Pink Floyd.
Worst? I bought a Daniel Beddingfield album for the missus once. She loves it, I hate it!

You just get the same old arguments and musical snobbery if you ask for the BEST album.

The WORST album is far cheekier and fun :laugh:

rob9872

Any of the numerous albums that I used to purchase as a teenager on the back of one or two decent songs only to find out the rest of the album tracks were utter dogshite.

WillieStanley

PJ and Duncan, "Phych" would have been found in my collection as an early teen. Sat in between Kula Shaker "K" and Pulp "A Different Class"

Now that's a mixed taste. Its somewhat more refined now! I still listen to the latter two. PJ and Duncan were truly awful though!

stupot07

The Charlatans - Simpatico. I love the charlatans but that album is utter shite with the exception of "Blackened Blue Eyes".

Houchens Head

You just get the same old arguments and musical snobbery if you ask for the BEST album.

The WORST album is far cheekier and fun :laugh:

Yep. Have to agree there Real. Many years ago lots of us purchased the "Top of the Pops" albums - a fore-runner to the "Now" albums, but unfortunately they were never the real artists! They were for us "poor" folk who couldn't afford the real thing! Anyone else remember them? :D

I'mARealWizard

Yep. Have to agree there Real. Many years ago lots of us purchased the "Top of the Pops" albums - a fore-runner to the "Now" albums, but unfortunately they were never the real artists! They were for us "poor" folk who couldn't afford the real thing! Anyone else remember them? :D

My parents had some! They had Pan's People dancers posing on them?

They also had a 'Sounds Like ABBA' cassette. For years, I was being force fed fake fABBA!

Houchens Head

My parents had some! They had Pan's People dancers posing on them?

They also had a 'Sounds Like ABBA' cassette. For years, I was being force fed fake fABBA!

That's the ones!! Incidently there was a highly collectable one which had Elton John as a session singer but I don't remember which one it was.

LastGarrison

Bedouin Soundclash.

Bought the album on the back of the tune "When the night feels your song" which is a great tune but the rest of the album was pish.

Si80

Sonique - Hear My Cry. I loved "It Feels So Good" so thought I'd buy the album. Utter rubbish.

I quickly went back to Britpop and Indie after that :D

PS Best Album = Radiohead - Pablo Honey

JulianDarbyFTW

Worst Album? Worst Case Scenario by a band named Deus. It was horrible. Plain, downright nasty. Bought it based solely on the cover. I've done that a hundred times, and that was the only failure, but it still haunts me to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread