what would you consider to be middle aged? (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I reckon 42 which gives me another 28 months, or is age merely a number its how old you feel physically and mentally

Johnnythespider

Depends how long you live, but I reckon 40s & 50s once you hit 60 you have to take on the chin and admit you're old.

Covrock

Being 57 I'm with Otis. They say everything heads south as you get older. All mine has migrated.

lifeskyblue

I'm 57 in a couple of months and had a new hip 11 months ago. I feel younger now than I did a year ago and certainly a lot fitter. Having 5 kids (oldest 29 and youngest 13) they have both kept me young and aged me prematurely. Since the hip replacement I'm helping train the youngest football team...I'm not running hard round the pitch but am able to jog and teach them what a 'sweet' left foot can do. Now a grandad...the title itself sounds old. But in myself I would say there's plenty of life in me yet...so I reckon I'm middle-aged and will be for a few years yet. Like covrock my figure isn't quite what it was 30 years ago but then as the wife says there's plenty more to cuddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Surely it's around 40 odd, if most people live to say 80 - 85 then between 40 and 43 I think.

stupot07

45-50? .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Covrock

Also your only as young as the woman you feel. My significant other half is 10 years than me. So I feel young. Ish.

Johnnythespider

Just like to add that although I feel the same as an almost 51year old as I did as a 30 year old it's other people's attitude to me that has changed with age

bringbackrattles

I'm 61 and still window cleaning and gardening and going on long walks.The hangovers are worse I find as you get older but they don't last and by the weekend I'm back in the pub again.My two sons are in their thirties and I split up with the missus years ago,so that's why I feel in decent nick then as my mental health doesn't take a battering these days !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm in my 63rd year so I'm hoping that at least 45 is middle aged! :whistle:

Monners

You are middled aged when you start to like beige - which I have to say, is looking rather more appealing thanit used to. I will be 50 next Feb by the way

wingy

Stay away from grey shoes.
My bro reckons I'm collecting too many vivid coloured sweaters which according to him Is a sign of possibly getting beyond the middle bit.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
All my own teeth (apart from the few that are no longer there!) and all my own hair! (well, shaven head, but it would be my own hair if I let it grow! :D )

chiefdave

I would say middle age is when you start having a disconnect with the younger generation. I've certainly got that, a lot of new music I listen to I think what the hell is this.

Music and TV shows are two big indicators for me, when you start talking about things that you don't consider old but the person you're talking to has never heard of as they weren't born at the time you're probably middle aged!

Users who are viewing this thread