what would happen if (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

The SISU deal goes through in the next week or so

Will they then start signing players, or will they have the deal and keep with balancing the books ie just replace the boys going out with the kids.

Last edited:

Paxman II

I think we will get a budget that should be enough to keep what we have for the most part and bring in a few to help secure a good run at promotion. |pretty sure that's what will happen as we take advantage of the rules in our first (and hopefully only) season in league 1.

Astute

The best thing would be to guess everything else that is going on with our club at the moment to have a clue what we might have to offer in wages to new players. As we don't have a clue on this at the moment it is a waste of time guessing this way also

Sky Blue Kid

I think we will get a budget that should be enough to keep what we have for the most part and bring in a few to help secure a good run at promotion. |pretty sure that's what will happen as we take advantage of the rules in our first (and hopefully only) season in league 1.

I take it you're not an old bugger like me then? You can change the title to "League div 1" but it will always be the "Third division" to me. Back where supporting the "Bantams" before they turned to the "Sky Blues" was where it all started for me! ;)

dongonzalos

I hope they will spend the money and not just the focus on the arena.. That's if it is sisu and no one else.

I just can't see them spending on the football club.

However I now accept something will be happening soon.

Just hope if it is sisu that as part of the deal they are forced to invest in the club aswell but ideally I hope it is not sisu

Chipfat

That's what is holding all up the i imagine, SISU have a plan for how the stadium breakdown will work, but yet to have provided a budget for the playing side of the club.. Hence the stand off and Mutton stating he will not let the 50% share be used to secure the investor money without seeing real money put into the club to enable us to compete....

dongonzalos

Yes think it is close now. Hope mutton wins to be fair. That is if it is sisu, if mutton wins we may get our players

smileycov

Facebook User
So if Mutton will only allow the stadium to go if investment in the team is done. Does that mean we will have a budget to compete. Can SISU say they will then retract the plan after purchase of 50%

tippex9

Thats if we have any left, in last few days I've seen Bigi to Newcastle, Christie to Stoke, McPake to Hibs, Keogh to Cardiff, Wood to Chesterfield...

All rumours I know but we've hardly got a good track record in retaining players.

dongonzalos

So if Mutton will only allow the stadium to go if investment in the team is done. Does that mean we will have a budget to compete. Can SISU say they will then retract the plan after purchase of 50%
I hope part of the deal invokes a minimum realistic figure that had to be invested in the team.
Enough to at least allow the tram to compete.

I think sisu may have provided proof of funds, so maybe this is close.

I despise them, however it this happens then I will sit back and shut up for s bit.

As they will have secured half the stadium and started investing in the tram.

Even though this should have happened in the championship not here, but that is another conspiracy story.

Skyblue4u

They will have the Ricoh like they always wanted so won't care a jot about club. Wouldn't put it past them to put the rent up and use that as an excuse to sell anything that isn't nailed down to pay it to themselves

Chipfat

I think SISU are now in a really bad position all of there own doing might i add.. The more they ask about having a share the more they will have to prove to the council about ownership and other companies tied into the club, which we all know is abit cloudy at best. The other problem is without money streams of the Rioch they have no money to invest so its very much at a catch 22 situation for them.. I dont feel sorry for them i just feel so sad that the club is being used as a bargaining chip to get what they want and have always wanted ...THE STADIUM....

Sad days and worrying times for a club in a very fast decline and as more time drags on its seems no party involved apart from the trust can give any definate answer or solutions. Council are protecting the Ricoh and club and SISU are protecting they investment,, while hoff promises he'll try his best...

smileycov

Facebook User
But surely, it means that with the Stadium they can now invest as it is not entirely a lost cause, before say they were investing in a failing team (there doing!) but now they have a potential gold mine with stadium property land etc, they may think they can put money in and turn a profit. I just pray for the best but the thing worries me. They lie and have stripped us bare, but in the back of my mind i think they are business people they can not be idiots surely, so a plan must be in there somewhere. We go down, now they look like getting the stadiium.....devious or business genius!! dont care as long as they start funding our rise back up.

Sky Blue Kid

But surely, it means that with the Stadium they can now invest as it is not entirely a lost cause, before say they were investing in a failing team (there doing!) but now they have a potential gold mine with stadium property land etc, they may think they can put money in and turn a profit. I just pray for the best but the thing worries me. They lie and have stripped us bare, but in the back of my mind i think they are business people they can not be idiots surely, so a plan must be in there somewhere. We go down, now they look like getting the stadiium.....devious or business genius!! dont care as long as they start funding our rise back up.

If SISU had started investing in the players when they first took control, we could possibly be playing Premiership football now!
To even think they will invest now, is like playing Russian Roulette, with a bullet in EVERY chamber!

smileycov

Facebook User
But they have too invest to get the Stadium!! Mutton is no fool, that will be watertight surely?

skyblueman

Time to be realistic everyone.. SISU will only spend the absolute minimum they think they can get away with on the club... they will realise whatever they can get for some of the playing assets (because that to them is all they are)... and have a team full of kids on cheap wages and hope for the best... the only other option is for them to spend some REAL money and hope we get back up to the Championship - as there's no certainty of that they won't do it cos they are at the end of the day just a business and they don't need to take the risk - in their position they will want to make sure that they can improve the asset value and minimise the losses and they can only be certain of that by being sure of what they can control i.e. expenses - revenues they can be more certain of because there is a loyal fan base that will come and pay no matter what. Unless they get out now and take the hit they are going to sit on our club until they can pull in a return and these guys can be patient - NEVER underestimate the egos involved, i've seen it first hand elsewhere... better to sit on an investment that's just ticking over, than admit to all that you screwed up and made a dog of it, it might turn good - might get some lucky results... might get a new investor that will pay over the odds.... I don't see them walking away in the near future I'm sorry to say

edgy

We were told a week ago that the deal would take 2 months. There will be no money spent on the team this summer.

dongonzalos

I have always been quite vocal and negative recently on here. However I think now with mutton we are finally going to have some good news.

craigus12

If SISU had started investing in the players when they first took control, we could possibly be playing Premiership football now!
To even think they will invest now, is like playing Russian Roulette, with a bullet in EVERY chamber!

They did, and look at how we ended up.

smileycov

Facebook User
They've had 5 years to invest, what makes you think they will start now?:eek:

Not sure how you are missing my point here? However, The council (Mutton) have told SISU they can only get 50% share in the Stadium if there is investment in the Team. That is the only condition they will give them anything to do with the Ricoh.

So they have to show they will and CAN do this.

I was just wondering if they get what they have always wanted will they feel the risk in investing in us is less. After all a succesfull club is going to make the ricoh land and all a better long term investment.

Sky Blue Kid

Not sure how you are missing my point here? However, The council (Mutton) have told SISU they can only get 50% share in the Stadium if there is investment in the Team. That is the only condition they will give them anything to do with the Ricoh.

So they have to show they will and CAN do this.

I was just wondering if they get what they have always wanted will they feel the risk in investing in us is less. After all a succesfull club is going to make the ricoh land and all a better long term investment.

With due respect smileycov, If SISU were rapists..(At least financially they are) would you let them be in a room alone with your daughter???:facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

I understand what your point is smileycov. SISU would wriggle out of anything(Including not supporting the football team) if they can find some way around it. Remember mate, NOTHING is watertight!:thinking about:

dongonzalos

As I said before, I have been very doom and gloom. However be it sisu or someone else. Somebody is going to buy half that stadium in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to the council, whoever it is, is going to have their arms forced into supporting the team as part of the deal.

It is unfortunate that they have to be forced and it is not a given.

However for once in our lives good things are on the horizon.

Sky Blue Kid

As I said before, I have been very doom and gloom. However be it sisu or someone else. Somebody is going to buy half that stadium in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to the council, whoever it is, is going to have their arms forced into supporting the team as part of the deal.

It is unfortunate that they have to be forced and it is not a given.

However for once in our lives good things are on the horizon.

I sincerely hope you're right:D

classicfooty

I hope part of the deal invokes a minimum realistic figure that had to be invested in the team.
Enough to at least allow the tram to compete.

I think sisu may have provided proof of funds, so maybe this is close.

I despise them, however it this happens then I will sit back and shut up for s bit.

As they will have secured half the stadium and started investing in the tram.

Even though this should have happened in the championship not here, but that is another conspiracy story.

what is this tram you speak off?

skyblueinBaku

I firmly believe that Sisu will promise anything to the council in terms of investing in CCFC if it helps them get their hands on the Ricoh. They will then break those promises and so will ensue long and costly litigation, ultimately won by Sisu. If ACL, the council or anyone else involved let Sisu get the Ricoh, they will regret it, and so will the city of Coventry, CCFC, and the fans.

It still bewilders me that Mr. Mutton and his colleagues are prepared to talk to the spivs in suits that are Sisu.

Nonleagueherewecome

With due respect smileycov, If SISU were rapists..(At least financially they are) would you let them be in a room alone with your daughter???:facepalm:

Tbh, I wouldn't really let anyone be alone in a room with my daughter if I knew that they were a rapist! Not that I have a daughter.

Nonleagueherewecome

It still bewilders me that Mr. Mutton and his colleagues are prepared to talk to the spivs in suits that are Sisu.

God I'm pedantic tonight...generally speaking, a spiv is always a suit wearer.

There are two types:

1) The 40's/50's dodgy geezer dealing in black market rationed goods-generally they'd be very well dressed, partly as a result of their ill-gotten wealth, and also as looking "respectable" was both good for business (people think he's legitimate) and also in keeping the Old Bill off their backs.

2) The modern "spivs and speculators" who indulge in the practice of short-selling, where traders make profits from falling stock prices. They were identified as a good group of people to use as a scapegoat for the credit crunch. As members of the financial sector, they would be expected to wear a suit in the workplace.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread