What will cost us this season... (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

is the lack goals from the back four and midfield. Truly shocking and a concern for Robins on Friday.

Wouldn’t it be nice that we got a couple from corners/free kicks on Friday just for once!

If any of the players do read this forum... COME ON LADS!!!

Citysince47

Not "What will cost us" but What cost us. 12 dropped points at home against, Mansfield, Forest Green, Newport and Yeovil. Add on the 6 we should have had at Morecombe and FG away, and the dozy 2 points we dropped by allowing Luton to equalise late in the game, there were 20 points down the pan

Grendel

Lack of a real number 9 all season will cost us - it already has as we are in the play offs.

Sky Blue Harry H

Have to say - I'm really enjoying this season, and looking forward to next already. It dawned on me the other day that this is what it is really all about, enjoying match days - Swansea fans p*ssed off, even though they've probably overachieved for a few years, Arsenal fans unhappy for a while (laughable in comparison), but the enjoyment I've had is seeing us win more often and having a few more positive experiences alongside other supporters who care about CCFC. So, let's hope for a good result on Friday, and then maybe at Wembley. If it doesn't work out, I'll be looking forward to (and expecting) a successful season next year.

Sick Boy

Have to say - I'm really enjoying this season, and looking forward to next already. It dawned on me the other day that this is what it is really all about, enjoying match days - Swansea fans p*ssed off, even though they've probably overachieved for a few years, Arsenal fans unhappy for a while (laughable in comparison), but the enjoyment I've had is seeing us win more often and having a few more positive experiences alongside other supporters who care about CCFC. So, let's hope for a good result on Friday, and then maybe at Wembley. If it doesn't work out, I'll be looking forward to (and expecting) a successful season next year.

If we can keep most of the squad together, I'd be expecting us to go up automatically. Any chance we could keep McNulty even if we are in League 2?

Mucca Mad Boys

Well, goals from midfield hasn’t been much of a problem in the last quarter of the season. But overall, it has been a bit of a problem.

But yes, I’m in total agreement about the defence, however, last night Grimmer and Davies cane close to scoring. So it wasn’t a problem last night, which I imagine the OP is hinting at.

Hobo

Our best football and goals come from when we pass it around and keep possession. We can be very decisive. It falls apart when fans pressurise the player to lump balls into the box or just forward.

skybluesam66

Yes Grimmer in think
watched it back on TV - the ball was a bit behind him
The bigger miss was right at the end following the "handball" appeal when Davies shot wide

it was a massive chance, and him and JCH got in each other;s way to some extent - and either one of them could and should have put it away

Covstu

Not "What will cost us" but What cost us. 12 dropped points at home against, Mansfield, Forest Green, Newport and Yeovil. Add on the 6 we should have had at Morecombe and FG away, and the dozy 2 points we dropped by allowing Luton to equalise late in the game, there were 20 points down the pan
but cant every team say the same? The only one I really agree with is Luton as we threw that away the others we were simply not good enough.

Londonccfcfan

is the lack goals from the back four and midfield. Truly shocking and a concern for Robins on Friday.

Wouldn’t it be nice that we got a couple from corners/free kicks on Friday just for once!

If any of the players do read this forum... COME ON LADS!!!

Interesting stat from last nights game, Fulham have only scored from 4 set pieces all season too. And they managed one then.

Gota feeling we willdo it on friday!

stupot07

Just one goal (grimmer) from defence in league games all season.

Grimmer only has 2 assists - both against Cheltenham. Shocking for a player how gets thr ball in dangerous positions 10-15 times a game.

Only other fullback assist was a side pass from stokes to nazon who scored a screamer from outside thr box, not not really what I would call a proper assist.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve82

Interesting stat from last nights game, Fulham have only scored from 4 set pieces all season too. And they managed one then.

Gota feeling we willdo it on friday!

I see this stat, had a ratio of 1/50 conversation rate and scored. We must be worse than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Makes me laugh when we get a corner and all the fans get excited... I take the opportunity to read the forum because nothing's coming from it

Nick

Administrator
  1. Awful Set Pieces
  2. Goalkeeping howlers
  3. Being way too defensive at the start of the season

steve82

I don’t think you can pin it down to one thing should we fail. Plenty of collective things to portion blame upon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

covcity4life

lack of creativity in final third. even robins admitted final pass has been an issue all season long

we lack players willing to try a throughball. its all pass backwards and sideways and put a cross in when 1 person in box etc

Sky Blue Harry H

lack of creativity in final third. even robins admitted final pass has been an issue all season long

we lack players willing to try a throughball. its all pass backwards and sideways and put a cross in when 1 person in box etc

I actually think we have a bit of that in the team - get Bayliss on the ball often enough and he will regularly attempt to split the midfield which opens things up. Shipley can do it do, although his tends to be the pass rather than going past people. JCH likes to run at people too, and Notts County defenders didn't seem that comfortable with that aspect of the game - although what defenders at L2 level do (probably Willis' greatest asset, as he has pace to deal with it)

CCFC54321

Just one goal (grimmer) from defence in league games all season.

Grimmer only has 2 assists - both against Cheltenham. Shocking for a player how gets thr ball in dangerous positions 10-15 times a game.

Only other fullback assist was a side pass from stokes to nazon who scored a screamer from outside thr box, not not really what I would call a proper assist.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That is completely unacceptable and a disgrace. We must have the worst defenders/goals in the football league.

What the heck are they doing on the training ground all week?

covcity4life

I actually think we have a bit of that in the team - get Bayliss on the ball often enough and he will regularly attempt to split the midfield which opens things up. Shipley can do it do, although his tends to be the pass rather than going past people. JCH likes to run at people too, and Notts County defenders didn't seem that comfortable with that aspect of the game - although what defenders at L2 level do (probably Willis' greatest asset, as he has pace to deal with it)
bayliss and shipley can do it i agree,we will coach that out of them though

what i mean is when we get to edge of box we fall apart. ones from distance with less pressure are fine to try, when crowd are on feet in anticipation i feel we lack players willing to give it a go and rather they play safe and put onus on another player to try the pass that could lead to groans from crowd if dont come off

Nick

Administrator
You only have to watch a corner to see how pointless they are and why defenders don't score from them.

Half the time they are drifted over with no power to the far post where nobody is or they are straight to the keeper. Wasn't the last one actually scored Willis against Stoke when JMD but the cross in?

The other issue is none of our defenders really attack them, granted Willis does but how often has McDonald actually won a header from a corner?

Sky Blue Harry H

You only have to watch a corner to see how pointless they are and why defenders don't score from them.

Half the time they are drifted over with no power to the far post where nobody is or they are straight to the keeper. Wasn't the last one actually scored Willis against Stoke when JMD but the cross in?

The other issue is none of our defenders really attack them, granted Willis does but how often has McDonald actually won a header from a corner?

You just know it will all come good Friday and all will be forgiven. We've played well the last few away games, so I'm predicting a 4- victory, with a defender scoring as a bonus (Grimmer after a mazy run)

Users who are viewing this thread