What to do in the West Midlands (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

As mentioned in the CBS pitch thread I'm a bit screwed if they cancel the match Sunday. Have a hotel booked for Sunday/Monday with the kids. If the game is off we have a day to fill.

Anyone have any suggestions for a day out with a 7 & 10 yr old?

CCFCSteve

There might still be some commonwealth games stuff around Birmingham. not sure about tickets for events, worth checking online. There’s also the Smithfield fan park and a few bits around town

Evo1883

As mentioned in the CBS pitch thread I'm a bit screwed if they cancel the match Sunday. Have a hotel booked for Sunday/Monday with the kids. If the game is off we have a day to fill.

West Midlands safari Park and go to the theme Park after

LastGarrison

Go Ape and the fair up at Coombe. As well as the usual playground, Heron watching etc.

Check out what shows are on in the Assembly Gardens in town and also they have a massive screen for the Commonwealth Games and loads of sports for kids to try out like basketball, table tennis etc.

There’s also this right next door to the Telegraph hotel which I saw when I went for a drink then the other day:

Failing that and you want to knacker them out drive out to Bradgate Park which is about 40 mins away toward Leicester which is a cracking country park with loads of deer roaming, rivers with ducks etc and loads of old building to explore and a war memorial on top of a massive hill! There is somewhere to get coffee, food as well but obviously take a picnic if it’s a nice day!

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Warwick castle could be a good shout

AOM

In all seriousness, hopefully the game is still on!
Drayton Manor is also relatively nearby or the Wave in town (never been so not sure if any good...) as other options?

stay_up_skyblues

Took ours here a few weeks ago and it was brilliant, even with the rain! Assuming they can swim obviously but I would highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread