What reception will Clarke receive if he faces PNE? (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

With Leon's protracted move to Wolves currently in the balance, it appears SP has every intention of using him at the weekend should he still be at the club (and who can blame him given out other options..Jordan Clarke anyone?!).

Given his disloyalty and his own insistence on forcing the transfer, should fans back him or boo him?
Unfortunately I can't make PNE at the weekend but seeing as though I'm still absolutely seething about the whole situation I would find it very difficult to back someone who doesn't give a shit about playing for the shirt. The blokes attitude stinks and it seems he is nothing more then a money grabbing journeyman.

We really must take whatever footballers say in interviews with a pinch of salt. On several occasions this season he has said how much he was enjoying himself his targets for the season etc etc, I'm surprised he didn't slip in the old favourite 'sky blue blood'.

Sooner he goes the better!

jon92

Well he obviously dnt want to be here so would boo him. One week he is staying then next he hands in request

pusbccfc

'We want you to stay, Oh Leon Clarke, we want you to stay'

aodea

I would neither boo him or cheer for him. He has been great for us but now wants to leave so provided we get value for money get him out and move on, like we did we King, McGoldrick. Players will score goals in Coventrys system so i think he can be replaced. Dissapointing that he wants to leave but the club is in a state so its very hard to think a player should hand around.

wingy

I Like Pressleys interview today regarding him keeping focused committed ,and talking tough that he won't go unless we get what we want out of It and find suitable replacements . Eollowed with the Intention to bring In several strikers ,not untried kids ,looking to bring experience In.

letsallsingtogether

He's not the first payer to hand in a transfer request and then not move on.
While he plays for us should back him, never know maybe no one will want him.

Same as Christie refused to sign a new deal, is that not the same as asking for a move? and who has inquired about him lately?

sky blue john

Why boo him ???
Should cheer him let him know the fans want him to stay.
If we get on his back, it will only hasten his exit and make him likely to put in poor performances.

Joy Division

I want what is best for the football club, and him playing for us and scoring goals is just that. I'm pissed off with him but absolutely no way should we boo him while he is playing for us, 100% back him, chant his name so he feels really guilty about handing in the transfer request and get the best out of him while he's here. He'll move on I'm certain, but so will we as a football club.

spwaverley4916

Cheer him IF he plays, what you gonna do if he scores Boo!!!? that said I would not be surprised if his 'groin strain' plays up again at training on Friday

ccfcmustang

Whether we boo or cheer, he has made up his mind. Money is the biggest talker in football and Clarke is clearly a money grabbing journeyman. I beleiev Clarke will give 100% if he plays on Saturday because he is in the shop window. Other clubs will be watching him so why not encourage that? The better he plays the sooner he will leave, once that happens the football club can move on- including us fans. He has scored more goals for CCFC than any other club- testimony that our style of play will create chances. At 28, take the money and reinvest, even better if we can get that young Scandinavian striker from wolves on a part ex. Who knows, he might score the winner against preston- all in all CCFC win here. I will be getting behind him on saturday and I hope the majority do too

Monners

Alright to drop me at Sixfields? can't wait for the next game at our home!

Oh God - not another one. Leave all of this chirping to Andreas - he is actually quite good at it.

As far as the thread is concerned - booing is pointless, and does the team no favours. Call him all the names under the sun after the game by all means, but not during. Remember Dion (not right to compare, I know) getting a hard tme against Arsenal from some at the start of his "will he go or not" saga, and he scored both in a 2-2 draw (the one where Bregkamp dived to get Willo sent off and Viera had a hissy fit for his red card). Point being - support the team during the game.

Users who are viewing this thread