What other sports do people like? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Apart from Dwarf Tossing and Welly Wangling, I love Formula 1. What else do people like? I've also been known to watch the odd game of tennis when Wimbledon is on. (Just LURVE those tennis skirts! :D) Also, enjoy a bit of snooker when it's on.

gouldberg

Play Basketball for a local team. Might be playing Cricket for a local team soon too. Used to play football for a local team. Used to play Field Hockey for C&NW.

Love almost any sport to be honest, with the exceptions of Angling and.....ok just Angling I think.

Covstu

I teach TaeKwon-do but as an olympic sport, it isnt very good. I love playing golf and watching it is good also! Just started archery also!!

Houchens Head

Love almost any sport to be honest, with the exceptions of Angling and.....ok just Angling I think.

I forgot angling! Thanks for reminding me, Gouldberg! Bloody hell, I go nearly every day :D ! But then it is SEA angling, and what I catch, I eat!! Mmmmmm fresh sea bass! can't beat it!
(Used to go coarse angling, but there's nowt down here on the island worth fishing!)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Dwarf Tossing and Welly Wangling? hmm sounds exotic!

I second ice hockey, its an amazing sport (not so keen on the fights) but the game is beautiful, flowing and face paced.
I enjoy watching boxing too although I don't know much about it and I haven't see an awful lot of fights (i guess that's why I like it so much)..
And I really got into darts last year :)

Sky_Blue_Daz

GAA Hurling and Football, Up Armagh!!!!!

CovScott88

I play football, golf, tennis and badminton. I occasionally watch rugby and cricket, but only when England are playing.

skybluelee

Cricket - best sport in the world.

Nothing beats a day at a Test Match sitting in the sun with your mates watching Ian Bell etc spanking any bowling attack (but especially the Aussies) all round the park.

Plus, you never see any trouble, despite no segregation of fans and the copious amounts of alcohol consumed.

Houchens Head

Cricket - best sport in the world.

Nothing beats a day at a Test Match sitting in the sun with your mates watching Ian Bell etc spanking any bowling attack (but especially the Aussies) all round the park.

Plus, you never see any trouble, despite no segregation of fans and the copious amounts of alcohol consumed.

Could never see the excitement in cricket. I know it has a lot of fans, but I find it totally mind-numbing! The words "paint" and "dry" spring to mind when cricket is mentioned!

egastap

Dwarf Tossing and Welly Wangling? hmm sounds exotic!

I second ice hockey, its an amazing sport (not so keen on the fights) but the game is beautiful, flowing and face paced.
I enjoy watching boxing too although I don't know much about it and I haven't see an awful lot of fights (i guess that's why I like it so much)..
And I really got into darts last year :)

Like Ice Hockey but not so keen on the fights.....and you like boxing. Hmmmm.

ccfcdan

I enjoy playing tennis and table tennis, occasionally watch speedway and tennis.Found the badminton quite interesting at the common weatlh games,would't mind learning that!

Sky Blue M

Been watching a lot of Basketball recently with the Playoffs going on. Would quite like to have a game really but havent played since school! I dont know whether to try and follow one team religously or just watch it all casually. Does anyone actually support an NBA team? Thinking of going with the bulls myself just because of Luol Deng being "English" and Derrick Rose just being amazing.

Bertola

I support the Knicks, always kind of liked basketball but wasnt into it until I went to New York in 07 and went to a game. it got me hooked!

Apart from basketball I love cricket, F1, Speedway and golf, can pretty much watch any sport though.

n1xon

I forgot angling! Thanks for reminding me, Gouldberg! Bloody hell, I go nearly every day :D ! But then it is SEA angling, and what I catch, I eat!! Mmmmmm fresh sea bass! can't beat it!
(Used to go coarse angling, but there's nowt down here on the island worth fishing!)

theres nowt on the island let alone fish! lol sorry had to add that being a corkhead!

oh and rugby unions my sport love it!

bamalamafizzfazz

I started playing golf a while back but am not very good. I have my own technique which I call 'Golfing it' it needs no preparation you just step up and hit the ball on the first swing. It really annoys my mates especially when I get a good score on a day.
I am into my boxing and also like betting on the GGs.

gouldberg

Does anyone actually support an NBA team?

Been a Bulls fan all my life. Was lucky enough to get into Basketball when Michael Jordan was still playing and have travelled to the USA to watch a game (Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers in 2006. Deng scored 32 points, Lebron James scored 33 in a 103-96 Bulls win). Basketball is almost a religion to me. Used to have a soft spot for the 76ers when Iverson played but the Bulls have always been my team. :D

Jimthor

Speedway and F1 are the other sports i follow pretty closely. Also love watching a bit of darts! Going to Blackpool with the lads next month for the World Matchplay semis.
Started watching IPL this year too which was great. I watch the odd bit of one-day cricket but i'm not hugely into it, but test matches just drag far too much for me.

Houchens Head

Too highbrow?

Cricket too highbrow????? :pointlaugh: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Boring as F**k! I'd rather poke red hot needles into my eyes than sit through a game of cricket. Where's the excitement in it?

Users who are viewing this thread