What is the point in Kevin Foley (1 Viewer)

1966skyblue

Title speaks for itself. Played ahead of Stevenson first half and then DKE second half. Switched off from throw in for first goal.

CJ_covblaze

He was terrible. Why was he given a run out? What's the point?

steve82

I'd imagine we will see some bizarre selections between now and the end of the season. MR is likely to see who can do what in various positions for next year.
He's still learning about who can do what and if they can offer anything going forwards.
DKE he knows well enough I'd imagine but could ideally do with a solid run of games to learn his trade a bit more.

Captain Dart

Most bizarre decision to start him today and then to continue with him after the injury to Willis!
Fairly odd to start Willis even though it looks like he was still suffering from a strain he picked up on Sunday.
I'm guessing he misjudged the seriousness of that problem & it flared up again, I expect him to be rested this Saturday.

KG7

Just wanted to point out that the title of the thread should be 'What is the point OF Kevin Foley?'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

Maybe it's just the case that Robins wants to give everyone a run-out in the remaining games, including putting players in different positions, so he can assess all of them by giving them a fair crack of the whip.

steve82

Maybe it's just the case that Robins wants to give everyone a run-out in the remaining games, including putting players in different positions, so he can assess all of them by giving them a fair crack of the whip.

That's the way I see it. He's looking within the squad while likely looking elsewhere too.
It's all about next year now our day in the sun has passed, it's all about assembling the team for as close to July 1st not 31st august!

Adge

Important game last night? Please tell me you went there thinking we could win and that would go towards our next 5 victories that would mean we survive?

ceetee

I agree that Robbins is looking at everyone in a competitive situation rather than in training so that he can decide on next season's squad.

Despite what is said, he obviously realises that relegation is going to happen.

We can expect a few odd selections

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Important game last night? Please tell me you went there thinking we could win and that would go towards our next 5 victories that would mean we survive?

So we should just accept the players giving up should we? I don't know about you but whilst I've accepted relegation I still want us to perform! I don't pay £40-£50 a time to watch a game and just think 'I don't care if they'd aren't bothered now we're down'. If I had that mentality I may aswell not bother going.

Adge

So we should just accept the players giving up should we? I don't know about you but whilst I've accepted relegation I still want us to perform! I don't pay £40-£50 a time to watch a game and just think 'I don't care if they'd aren't bothered now we're down'. If I had that mentality I may aswell not bother going.
We are down-why pay £40-50 now to go? It's not worth it. (Says me who has agreed to go to Scunthorpe):banghead:

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree with the 'let's assess them all'. If he can see that e.g.Bigi will give 100% every game, but Tudgay isn't, etc etc then he should use the games for this purpose. Similarly have a look at some of the Ponticelli, Spence players to see what they can do in the first team. Of course if Ponticelli scores a few we'll probably sell him - so maybe hang fire on that for now.

CJ_covblaze

Agree with the 'let's assess them all'. If he can see that e.g.Bigi will give 100% every game, but Tudgay isn't, etc etc then he should use the games for this purpose. Similarly have a look at some of the Ponticelli, Spence players to see what they can do in the first team. Of course if Ponticelli scores a few we'll probably sell him - so maybe hang fire on that for now.

I think Tudgay is giving 100%. He just isn't as mobile as he once was. He looks like he's trying. Feel sorry for him at times. He was once quite handy at Championship level. Shouldn't be starting games now.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think Tudgay is giving 100%. He just isn't as mobile as he once was. He looks like he's trying. Feel sorry for him at times. He was once quite handy at Championship level. Shouldn't be starting games now.

Tudgay was just illustrative - should have said any player who isn't giving it all !!

Adge

Imagine if everyone adopted that theory! (The 'why go' one, not going Scunny). We'd be playing in front of no one, giving the players every reason to think 'sod it'
You, like me, have been regularly this season so have on occasions seen the players with the "Sod it" attitude. Examples-Bristol Rovers away-Oxford away,Cambridge away, Southend, Swindon, Bradford,Fleetwood at home etc. Money well spent I guess!

Brighton Sky Blue

You, like me, have been regularly this season so have on occasions seen the players with the "Sod it" attitude. Examples-Bristol Rovers away-Oxford away,Cambridge away, Southend, Swindon, Bradford,Fleetwood at home etc. Money well spent I guess!

To be stranded at the bottom of League fucking 1 requires a whole other level of 'sod it' from everyone. Slade's cap the perfect symbol.

Grendel

Ask slade

Robins singing his praises big time today. Thinks he was a major factor in the victory.

I think him and Clarke will be offered deals next season.

no_loyalty

Was surprised when I saw he was in the team today, but definitely his best game for the club

Users who are viewing this thread