What is the most dissappointing aspect? (1 Viewer)

CovMatt1987

Assuming he goes - which now the club has confirmed talks, sounds likely - what really annoys us about it the most?

try and put over reaction to the side when responding (which I know is difficult). I am angry and mad at Robins in general but im finding it hard to really go too far into the loyalty thing when - with the boot on the other foot - we would show the same lack of loyalty (lets be honest).

what does get me is the way he has done it (if reports are to be believed). How can you come out and say all this stuff about sky blue in his blood when within days you jump ship? if he loved or even respected the club - didnt he deserve to show us more respect and dignity then come out with statements like that, or do things like clear his desk and try to force through a move? THATS the really dissappointing aspect for me. I can get my head around there being no loyalty in football anymore - I cant get my head around lying and telling us he was loyal and loved the club.

god I sound like Ive just been dumped. im off to cry in a dark corner listening to snow patrol.

coundonskyblue

Nail on head there. I thought he really understood us a club when he was talking about us being in the doldrums, and that the rewards are massive here if he could get it right. Yet he seems only interested in his own personal wealth so all that about him loving the club is obviously lies.

Huddersfield have no where near the potential that we have so he cant really call it career progression.

ccfc92

Probably the false dawn he bought with him. Things were really looking up, and we were doing so well. Now this :(

Ashdown1

Truth is, there still is some loyalty in football, just nowhere near Coventry City. The state of the clubs finances, the rent debacle, hedge fund arseholes for owners, the City itself, the negativity of supporters, lack of ambition, I don't fucking know the answers but no-one seems keen to stay for long if they have any talent at all.

CovMatt1987

yeah this is how I feel. He seemed to really connect with the fans and realise the true potential of this club, if we just started to get the right start with a manager, which he bought in.

now this - how committed could he really have been to all of this if, at the drop of a hat, he was ready to go somewhere else at the whiff of more money.

CovMatt1987

Truth is, there still is some loyalty in football, just nowhere near Coventry City. The state of the clubs finances, the rent debacle, hedge fund arseholes for owners, the City itself, the negativity of supporters, lack of ambition, I don't fucking know the answers but no-one seems keen to stay for long if they have any talent at all.

So loyalty only exists if the club is rich, successful, wins everything, everyones happy, riding on the wave of their own glory, in a beautiful wonderland oasis of a city?

thats not loyalty to me - thats just enjoying the good life.

Users who are viewing this thread