What if (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

I've never started a thread before so i'm surfing,(an old term i know) around a couple of teams sites and it looks like Admin for Pompey, and Birminghams bank has today cancelled there overdraft, meaning they could go admin route as well, and with Forest in a spot of bother financially as well, well i think i've just solved our relegation fears, has anyone Thorny's e-mail as i've got him out of jail.

The Rev

ps i think i might have found, most clueless owners award, to be shared with SISU, Blackburn Rovers who have just mortgaged 100 million pounds of future season ticket earnings

thought i try and cheer you up

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thanks Rev! Add Bristols problems to that, I think your onto sokething. Although saying that even with their points deduction, unless they get 10+ points deducted, all 3 teams are likely to get more points between now and the end of the season than we will :(

Sorry to put a downer on a positive post.

speedie87

Seeing as it sounds like you have a bit of time on your hands a like doing research i'd love it if the following information could be put together. Perhaps we could all do a couple of teams each, then put it all together?

List for each team in the Championship

1) Turnover
2) Players wage bill
3) Net profit last season
4) Net Current Assets
5) Total Borrowing
6) Balance sheet total (net assets)

Otis

Sounds to me if this the trend that by May next year we will finish as champions!!! :D

Rich

Portsmouth are likely to lose more than ten as its their second time.

EleanorRigby

Expert on Talk Sport, can't remember if it was yesterday or Monday said 3 clubs in the championship are on the brink of going into administration, was one us ? he didn't say also there's some court case going on with HMRC and Glasgow Rangers and if the taxman wins that there could be a domino effect of clubs going bust

TheRoyalScam

Just goes to show the perilous financial state our national game has got itself into. It's a sad day when we have to rely on three other clubs going into administration to stand even a slim chance of staying up.

For me the worst thing is that it's always the loyal fans that suffer the most - most players are mercenaries, and most owners are only in the game for financial gain. We don't even know who owns CCFC.

ccfcway

even with 3 tams losing 10 points, it would still put us bang in trouble, and thats if its the 3 directly above us...

any higher wouldnt even register wth us !

rob9872

This is NOT good news.

In the curent climate with people out of work, the public "hating" the govt and the banks, the Euro in crisis and the media who like to use footballers salaries and mismanaged clubs as an easy target to pull the heart-strings of its circulation in the way they used to do with nurses or fireman not being paid enough etc etc then you know they will be baying for blood and sooner or later a club of a decent size will go to the wall and I just have this horrible sinking feeling that it will be us. I couldn't imagine not having a club, but it is a possibility and other teams plights only raise the outlook of being big news and a "stuff em" campaign gathering pace. Don't say it can't happen, smaller clubs have gone, big shops from the high street have gone (who would have imagined they would let an institution like Woolworths go, let alone banks etc).

Sorry to be more doom and gloom, but careful what you wish for.

WillieStanley

I honestly think that even if we were the only club to avoid Administration, we'd still be going down. We'd still have to accumulate at least a few points!

Users who are viewing this thread