What if ? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

IF we got promoted this season and Im not getting carried away what do we all think the effect would be for our future off the field.
The tv income and money of the championship would it make a difference when it comes to our bargaining power with wasps and the council or would Sisu look to sell and make a good profit.

Would the extra income allow sisu to build our own ground or would we look to do a deal with blues for a new purpose built ground share ?

clint van damme

IF we got promoted this season and Im not getting carried away what do we all think the effect would be for our future off the field.
The tv income and money of the championship would it make a difference when it comes to our bargaining power with wasps and the council or would Sisu look to sell and make a good profit.

Would the extra income allow sisu to build our own ground or would we look to do a deal with blues for a new purpose built ground share ?

I think sisu might sell.
The value of the club would rise and without major investment we're unlikely to take a serious crack at promotion.
It would probably be as good as it's going to get under their stewardship and to use the term Fisher used we'd be at the top of the cycle.
But that's just my guess

CanadianCCFC

Sisu could sell if someone would buy for their asking price.
If they don’t then Wasps will probably see the possibility of big attendances at the Ricoh and give us a deal, or sisu might use some of the championship income to buy into the Ricoh. They won’t build a new stadium though.

ccfc1234

Long way to go. I don't see SISU selling as I think they have their eyes on the premier league TV money. It would be an amazing summer if we went up. If Wilson was sold and Maddison could make his over due start for England. Robins would have a few pounds to spend on making us comparative. It's a tough league but the local derbies would just be amazing from a supporters perspective.

As for the Rioch who knows but I hope Wasps would be a season closer to leaving.

Irish Sky Blue

I think sisu might sell.
The value of the club would rise and without major investment we're unlikely to take a serious crack at promotion.
It would probably be as good as it's going to get under their stewardship and to use the term Fisher used we'd be at the top of the cycle.
But that's just my guess
Hope you are right.

Skybluefaz

Long way to go. I don't see SISU selling as I think they have their eyes on the premier league TV money. It would be an amazing summer if we went up. If Wilson was sold and Maddison could make his over due start for England. Robins would have a few pounds to spend on making us comparative. It's a tough league but the local derbies would just be amazing from a supporters perspective.

As for the Rioch who knows but I hope Wasps would be a season closer to leaving.
It would be nice to see a comparative team at the rioch.

slyblue57

Fuck London Franchise Wasps i do not want to bargain with them at all. I d like them to fold, die anything but be involved with us.
Sisu i m not bothered about, They may sell may not, wish they would but they re making a fist of it at least at the moment.

Kingokings204

I think that’s the major problem at the moment if we were to get promoted is that we are homeless come end of the season. It was a 12 month deal at Andrews and would they want a championship rival at the same ground? Not sure.

Either way until a home ground is sorted then we wouldn’t be competitive in the championship. It’s beyond our level.

Sisu wouldn’t build new stadium so forget that. But I happen to agree they could sell as they can’t take the club higher so why stick around when if we are back in league 1 the season after.

Sky Blue Harry H

I’m not sure there are going to be many buyers interested in a club without a stadium. And that’s not even considering the prospect of working with the franchise and the council.

Were you posting from the Bentegodi? Messed up getting an early red, I see.

ccfcway

If we get to the championship we will continue to be owned by sisu as no one will pay the over the odds fee they would ask to get their money back. We will be renting either St. Andrews, hawthorns or somewhere else

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

SISU would sell now if someone met the asking price. Just no-one's going to do that.

If we went up chances are any potential bidders would offer more, but SISU would want more as well.

However, given the level of investment needed in the Championship to be competitive, let alone go for promotion is a massive increase on L1, and without any certainty on the ground issue that'd make it doubly hard to do.

Money we'd get from Championship wouldn't be enough to think about a new stadium, plus by the time it'd be finished we'd likely have dropped back down again due to not being able to invest in the team because the money was going on the stadium. Not that I've ever believed SISU were genuinely ever considering it as a option, just a scare tactic.

Even if we were able to get back to the Ricoh, if the team struggled in the Championship crowds would quickly dwindle and if we were in St Andrews they'd be pathetic.

I think for SISU their best choice in that scenario would be to try and get out ASAP after promotion was secured as it's likely the highest point they'll be able to take us and thus when they can achieve maximum value, but then they'd have to accept they still probably won't get as much as they'd ideally want. There is of course the ongoing legal issue regarding the Ricoh but would the potential gains from that on the chance they won be worth more than the value of being a Championship club, which is not guaranteed for long? IMO it isn't. In a shrewd way it could also make them look better in terms of ownership because then all the issues with finances would pass onto the new owners and if they failed to keep the team in the Championship they'd look bad, the fans would be unhappy and there'd be a bit of historical revisionism on SISU as owners.

cc84cov

If we went up the same problem remains we don’t own our own ground just means a buyer is left with the same situ we have now but would have paid slightly more for the club unless we are talking about some foreign billionaires coming in and buying the ground or building a new one

SkyBlueZack

Why would Sisu sell in the championship? Would they just not continue with the same business plan? They would have greater costs but there would also be revenue increases. Most importantly for Sisu, players would be worth more if they did well, albeit in a relegated team (probable if minimal investment). The club continues to fund itself, it might do a Blackpool and get to the premiership. Could yo-yoing between champ and league one pay down their debt? Would this be in their thinking?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why would Sisu sell in the championship? Would they just not continue with the same business plan? They would have greater costs but there would also be revenue increases. Most importantly for Sisu, players would be worth more if they did well, albeit in a relegated team (probable if minimal investment). The club continues to fund itself, it might do a Blackpool and get to the premiership. Could yo-yoing between champ and league one pay down their debt? Would this be in their thinking?

There is a massive difference between L1 and Championship. Some of the costs for salaries and transfer fees compared to the increased revenue from TV etc are eye watering. The club does not continue to fund itself even at this level and requires cash injections from the owners in the form of loans to prevent cashflow problems.

Yes, there is the PL pot of gold to put £££ in their eyes but they've chased that before and look where it's got them. Doing the self sufficient plan in that league will almost certainly lead to us not having sufficient quality on the field or them having to cover quite substantial cash losses compared to in L1.

They've been there before when they took over and got burnt, so maybe once bitten twice shy. The ideal is to sell at the highest point and IMO for SISU the championship is probably the highest they can take us because there is so much ill-will towards them from so many sides to be able to push on further.

But as I say it'd be dependent on what offer the got. Chances are they wouldn't get one they'd consider high enough and they'd have to risk it again. But what if the club went back down to L1and the lower income streams, still no home, paying some players higher Championship wages, slightly demoralised players and fans?

covcity4life

I hope of did get promoted they would realise robins has 2 promotions under belt so could be worth tje gamble abd gove him a good budget to try make it 3

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I hope of did get promoted they would realise robins has 2 promotions under belt so could be worth tje gamble abd gove him a good budget to try make it 3

I get that, but the level of investment needed would be massively above what is needed now. Also SISU can't just throw cash at us - they have to have the funds available or move them from other portfolios with the permission of their investors and decide if they think the risk is worthwhile. After last time, I doubt they would even if MR has done a remarkable job since he came back.

D

Deleted member 2477

So basically without a ground we would still be fucked and the club couldnt afford to compete. Is this what Fisher alluded to when he said ,as a club we cant afford to be in the championship

Sick Boy

Were you posting from the Bentegodi? Messed up getting an early red, I see.
Unfortunately not no, I had a ticket and was supposed to go but managed to forget we had family plans that couldn’t get out of, managed to watch most of it on TV though, deserved something from it really but sending off was reckless to say the least

Users who are viewing this thread