What exactly is the "Golden Share" ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

The Golden Share -- what exactly is it ? A written contract/document ? A letter ? A shareholding ? Must be something in writing so surely not too difficult to find out who owns it .. it must have one parties name on it ? Coventry City Football Club Limited or Coventry City (Holdings) Limited ?

RoboCCFC90

tumblr_m3d39rtaTp1qjpowdo1_500.gif

lordsummerisle

The Golden Share -- what exactly is it ? A written contract/document ? A letter ? A shareholding ? Must be something in writing so surely not too difficult to find out who owns it .. it must have one parties name on it ? Coventry City Football Club Limited or Coventry City (Holdings) Limited ?

Well we have a shower running the club, maybe it refers to them?

shy_tall_knight

The golden share is not a physical thing, it is a right, locating a physical thing is easy, SISU transferred this right, it may take the courts to determine if this was a valid transfer.

I don't believe in golden showers.

Nonleagueherewecome

To see it is to go insane, such is it's magnificence..

Nonleagueherewecome

Well we have a shower running the club, maybe it refers to them?

Neat. Took the obvious and turned it into something that makes the connection without spelling it out :)

ajsccfc

The golden share is in an ark. If it's ever opened, don't look at it or the ghosts will kill you as well as all the silly Nazis in the vicinity.

Paxman II

The Golden share or 'the rights issue' or the 'licence' to compete in the league along with the other 91 golden shares.
Without it you kinda' have no rights, or no franchise. It's a play on words but you get the point.

It would be transferable like a lease.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

I think and hope someone knows exactly where this Share is, i also think and hope others have been tipped off and that made them spring into action. I think sisu have goofed

@richh87

I think and hope someone knows exactly where this Share is, i also think and hope others have been tipped off and that made them spring into action. I think sisu have goofed

It's with CCFC Ltd most likely - that's where SISU registered it in June 2012, hence the points deduction from the Football League for the owner of the share going into admin.

SISU obviously know exactly where it is; it's not a set of car keys.

Jackoskyblue

Just found this on Stockport website about the golden share

"While we wait for any sort of good or bad news on the Melrose take-over, I thought I'd just find out a little bit more about this 'Golden Share' the Football League seem to enjoy going on about.

News-wires have been reporting a lot recently that County still can't be taken over blah de blah 'until the Football League agree to transfer the Golden Share.'

So just in case you're wondering what this actually is, while we wait in anticipation...

It's basically a considerably large sum of money (probably just a bit more than £800k) that has been building up through TV rights and the like. Seeing as though we're in administration and everything, the Football League keep hold of this money until either

1) we exit administration or

2) April of this year, when the Football League will distribute the Golden Share whether we exit admin or not.

However, the Golden Share is more than just the money side of things. This luck Golden Share outvotes all other shares in the business, meaning that whoever is vying to take-over the running of the club (in this case, the Melrose Consortium) cannot do so until the League hands it over - meaning, basically, it's our right to be a Football League side.

When Melrose does assume control of SCFC, the money in the Golden Share will be distributed to whichever teams are concerned to pay off all footballing debts. The Golden Share will then allow Melrose to take over the running of a club, and allow us as Stockport County to remain a Football League side.

Simple. Sort of.

Just something to get your head round while we wait and wait and wait, for this bloody deal to go through."

Read more: http://www.stockport.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=191381#ixzz2QlRMBlZt

Tank Top

What is the Golden share?
Apparently, Its something that can be in two places at the same time! but completely Undetectable.

Users who are viewing this thread