What does the squad need to be complete. (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

As it stands this is the current squad we have.

GK: Marosi, Williams, Addai
RB: Hikman, Thompson, Willis (If contract is signed.)
CB: Willis, Rose, Mcfazden, Hyam, Drysdale, Williams, Thompson
LB: Brown, Mason, Mccallum
CM: Bayliss, Kelly, Maycock, Shipley, Westbrook, Bosma
Wingers: Allissani, Walters, Jones, Wakefield
ST: Baka, Biamou, Hiwula,Ponti, Chaplin, Bremang.

Excluding any potential youth call-ups what In's and out's are needed with this squad to get us into the top 6? From looking at the list it's obvious a RB is needed, I'd say another CM and ship out a couple of strikers to bring a new one in.

What are you thinking?

SkyBlueCRJ

I think it's pretty obvious what positions need covering. The bigger question is who needs to be moved on or will be sold.

Realistically in my opinion those that should be moved on:

Brown, Thompson (loan), Maycock, Bosma, Allassani, Bakayoko/Chaplin, Ponti (loan)

Bayliss will be sold.

Esoterica

Didn't see enough from Wakefield to suggest he'd be a starter this season so in a 4-2-3-1 we need an attacking midfielder and right forward to start matches and a back up for Hiwula on the left. A starter next to Kelly in the 2 deep midfielder roles if Bayliss is sold, with Shipley continuing to deputise when needed. Then a couple of right backs, at least one of which needs to be decent on the ball. A striker if we can move one or two of our current crop on, preferably Bakayoko and a loan for Ponti.

Still plenty of business to do!

TTG

As it stands this is the current squad we have.

GK: Marosi, Williams, Addai
RB: Hikman, Thompson, Willis (If contract is signed.)
CB: Willis, Rose, Mcfazden, Hyam, Drysdale, Williams, Thompson
LB: Brown, Mason, Mccallum
CM: Bayliss, Kelly, Maycock, Shipley, Westbrook, Bosma
Wingers: Allissani, Walters, Jones, Wakefield
ST: Baka, Biamou, Hiwula,Ponti, Chaplin, Bremang.

Excluding any potential youth call-ups what In's and out's are needed with this squad to get us into the top 6? From looking at the list it's obvious a RB is needed, I'd say another CM and ship out a couple of strikers to bring a new one in.

What are you thinking?
Rose can play at RB

rob9872

I'm sure there will be a couple of quality but raw young loans in the mix again. If seems part of the model and possibly wont be signed until much later in the window. I'd expect RB and wide player to again be the positions loaned. Signing Bright and the Ricoh are the only preseason priorities therefore imo.

I also don't see a given that Bayliss will be off. His form had certainly dropped prior to the injury and I think he'd benefit long term from another preseason here and some game time. If the valuation isn't net and it would be a gamble if the deal not already done, then I can see January more likely.

ccfchoi87

First Choice:

Right Winger
CAM / Second Striker
Striker

Marosi

Dabo
Hyam
McFadzean
Mason

Kelly
Bayliss

Hiwula

Squad Depth:

Right Back
Central Midfielder
Another Attacker

Wilson

Rose / Thompson
Williams / Drysdale
McCallum / Brown

Shipley / Westbrooke

*** / Wakefield
Chaplin
Jones

Bakayoko / Biamou

better days

I think it's pretty obvious what positions need covering. The bigger question is who needs to be moved on or will be sold.

Realistically in my opinion those that should be moved on:

Brown, Thompson (loan), Maycock, Bosma, Allassani, Bakayoko/Chaplin, Ponti (loan)

Bayliss will be sold.
Bayliss isn't looking for a move
I think he'll be with us next season as I haven't heard of any clubs higher up the pyramid who would make a big enough offer to force Robins to consider selling

SkyBlueCRJ

I think he'll be with us next season as I haven't heard of any clubs higher up the pyramid who would make a big enough offer to force Robins to consider selling

Didn't say he was. But if we got even close to the right offer, in my opinion it's unlikely to be rejected - especially as we're potentially facing huge drops in commercial revenue next season. If the Ricoh deal well and truly falls through where else are we going to source revenue from? Posters have discussed third party loans, Wilson sell on clauses, a second Maddison sell-on clause but realistically those suggestions are either not guaranteed or are plain and simple pure speculation. With Bayliss we have a very sellable asset and, if sold, funds generated from the sale could bridge the gap this season. With the likes of Leeds, Liverpool and Everton sniffing around him it may not be long until the right bid comes in as I'm sure more clubs will join in on the hunt.

Additionally, it may not be down to MR. In fact, very few managers will have the final say if a player is sold or not.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

steve82

I’ve the squad and group of players likely to be in contention for consideration for the league listed as these to select in a 4231 system. Plenty of gaps to fill and players to recycle potentially to strengthen this summer if possible

-----------Marosi-------------
-----------Wilson-------------

Dabo--McFadzean--Hyam--Mason
****-Thompson-Drysdale-Brown
*****--Williams--Rose--McCallum

--------Kelly-----Bayliss-------
-----Westbrooke--Shipley-----

-Wakefield----*****----Hiwula-
--***** ------*****-------JJ-
-***** ------*****-----Allassani

-----------Bakayoko---------
------------Chaplin-----------
------------Biamou-----------
-----------Ponticelli-----------

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Won't Maycock be pushing for at least a place on the bench?

steve82

Won't Maycock be pushing for at least a place on the bench?

You’d imagine his aim is to be but cannot see it, tho it be interesting to see how the loan spell has developed him as a individual and player.
Made 27 appearances in L2 whilst on loan at Macclesfield with 21 of them starts. Tho his last involvement in the match day squad was 9th March. Unsure if he picked up a injury.

Currently I’d place the opening day match day 18 as this tho it’s not my ideal starting side or players in position I’d favour. A lot of works still required in my eyes.

--------------Marosi-------------
Wakefield----Chaplin----Hiwula
-----------Bakayoko-------------

Subs
Wilson, Rose, Thompson, Shipley, Westbrooke, Biamou, Ponticelli

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Bare minimum now is a AM and a RW, at a pinch play Chaplin and Wakefield.

We could do with cover at RB, and IMO another CM and LW as well.

Then you’re into improving the team rather than filling holes. I’d like to see how our young forwards do with another season behind them at least until Xmas. See how Max returns.

I think once we’ve filled the holes and got cover, I’d wait to see how we start/get to Xmas and take it from there. Though buying a ST in January isn’t really ever a good idea.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’ve the squad and group of players likely to be in contention for consideration for the league listed as these to select in a 4231 system. Plenty of gaps to fill and players to recycle potentially to strengthen this summer if possible

*****--Williams--Rose--McCallum

--***** ------*****-------JJ-
-***** ------*****-----Allassani

I think that you've got to include everyone on a pro-contract, esp if you're going down to third/fourth choice. It gives a clearer idea of who needs to be moved on to make space and free up wages.

So therefore:

-----------Addai---------------

Hickman--Williams--Rose--McCallum (I expect Rose to be 1st back-up)

------Maycock-----Eccles-------
-------Bosma-----*******--------

--Burroughs ------*****-------JJ-
-Walters ------N'Gandu-----Allassani

----------Bremang-----------

So looking at that we need an ACM (preferably Bright) urgently, followed by another RB unless Hickman proves he can step up if needed in pre-season. I don't think we're as strong in attacking wide midfield as we could be and I think we'll probably the order of the strikers shift over the season (and I wouldn't be averse to one or two moving on if we can bring someone more prolific in front of goal in)

Gazolba

Unless Robins' plan is to win every game 1-0, we desperately need a goalscorer.
Chaplin is not, and never will be that person.
And as we say almost every year, we need attacking midfielders who can chip in with 10 goals apiece.
At the moment, even our main striker cannot reach 10 goals.

Users who are viewing this thread