What do you think will happen january sales?? (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
After TF comments just wondering who do you think will leave how many and how many to come in? im wondering what kind budget we have its looking like maybe 2-3 ive no idea who come in tho with way club is at the moment or what budget we have at all, whats yer take on what will happen in january now TF has spoken?

skybluesam66

so who is going
McCann / aygei/ wright/page end of loan
a couple of sales - my guess is willis and Stevenson

we are already short of numbers - so we would need to get at least 6 first team players in to replace them (buy or loans)
Nobody will want to give away their players to us, if they are any good as they will need them, and we certainly wont be able to pay much money
Also we are no longer an attractive club for loans

As such as long as these Mike hunts are still here - there is only 1 answer

clint van damme

in fact our best hope is probably if callum Wilson gets sold and we get a kick back on that

that kick back, plus the million profit fisher mentioned on top of the 2-2.5 million budget could realistically get us out of this league.
I know the arguments against speculating to accumulating but this wouldn't be loading debt onto the club.

torchomatic

I can't see anyone going in January apart from the loans. I think Willis and Stevenson will stay. We need more bodies in rather than getting rid of more. I would get rid of all the loans and raid Non League teams. Other clubs do it successfully. Depending on the new manager, he will have contacts too and ideas of who he wants and needs.

skybluebeduff

I can't see anyone going in January apart from the loans. I think Willis and Stevenson will stay. We need more bodies in rather than getting rid of more. I would get rid of all the loans and raid Non League teams. Other clubs do it successfully. Depending on the new manager, he will have contacts too and ideas of who he wants and needs.
Fisher has stated we need to sell a player per season, and so far Vincelot won't cover that figure.

torchomatic

Well, let's see shall we. I thought he lied about everything anyway?

torchomatic

He does, it will probably be a few sales and not just one..

You be the judge.

All I'm thinking is if Willis and Stevenson are our two biggest assets then we should be OK. I think Stevenson is too raw to attract too much attention just yet and Willis...well, I'm not sure who would actually want to buy him. We shall see, I guess.

If we have to sell to keep going then we have to sell.

Grendel

All I'm thinking is if Willis and Stevenson are our two biggest assets then we should be OK. I think Stevenson is too raw to attract too much attention just yet and Willis...well, I'm not sure who would actually want to buy him. We shall see, I guess.

If we have to sell to keep going then we have to sell.

Perhaps we can sell Bigi for a million again then get him back again in a few years and then sell him again

torchomatic

Perhaps we can sell Bigi for a million again then get him back again in a few years and then sell him again

Be a good business plan. A bit like having him on elastic. Maybe Willis and Stevenson will be sold, but I can't see it. Although I think Stevenson is a far better player than Maddison - wasn't too bothered about him going - I think he's just potential so far and has only had a handful of games.

Colin Steins Smile

Given TF's statement today that the club is now trading £1m in profit, then no-one should be sold this time. However, history suggests that our beloved owners will flog anything to make a quick profit. So expect, talented young players to be sold and replaced by older inferior players who will lose value.

torchomatic

So expect, talented young players to be sold and replaced by older inferior players who will lose value.

That was the TM model. Hopefully the new man will be a little more sensible.

Captain Dart

Given TF's statement today that the club is now trading £1m in profit, then no-one should be sold this time. However, history suggests that our beloved owners will flog anything to make a quick profit. So expect, talented young players to be sold and replaced by older inferior players who will lose value.

Do not be taken in by his bullshit, the club hasn't posted a profit in its accounts, last Feb it posted a £4M loss.
Until accounts showing a profit are published at Companies House the club is trading at a loss.

Otis

Yep, Stevenson and Willis sold. Maybe RCC.

Page might get extended, but we need to replace McCann, Agyei and Wright.

Get the feeling we may well end up weakening the squad (if that is possible).

2 or 3 out, 5 in.

Old Warwickshire lad

Willis and Stevenson will be gone as both will command a fee of around £100,000. If SISU can get £50,000 + for any other player they will be gone too. Expect a few old heads who cant get a game anywhere else to come in till end of season.

Otis

Our squad is shit as it is wouldn't surprise me if no one came in for any of our own players
There is no doubt that Stevenson has a value. Very talented, promising young player.

I think he is ahead of where Maddison was, personally.

shmmeee

I'm going to assume Stevenson will go, all the loanees will go back and we'll sign no one. Then I can't fail to be pleasantly surprised.

Just want to see a strategy, even if it's "spend nothing and play the kids". Bored of going round in ever decreasing circles.

torchomatic

There is no doubt that Stevenson has a value. Very talented, promising young player.

I think he is ahead of where Maddison was, personally.

Me too, but he's certainly not ready to step up. I know we always seem to sell someone or other, but I'm not too worried this time as I don 't think currently our assets are quite so valuable.

Colin Steins Smile

The issue with Stevenson is that his value could increase significantly over the next two years. Holding on to him would demonstrate an investment by SISU. Do we thing SISU would do that.....NO! They've flogged every young player ASAP

Chipfat

We don't have anyone that clubs will be scrambling for come Jan, i can see Willis, Rose, Sordell and Stevenson being candidates for the club to put our there for offers, but none will create a big return like a Wilson or Maddison did.

TF can say what he wants and blame whoever he wants but sooner or later the luck runs out in regards to gems you produce. The millions he wants are not in the squad potential or now so this is going to be a long hard season and one which we as fans will suffer again.

Bob Latchford

After TF comments just wondering who do you think will leave how many and how many to come in? im wondering what kind budget we have its looking like maybe 2-3 ive no idea who come in tho with way club is at the moment or what budget we have at all, whats yer take on what will happen in january now TF has spoken?
I'd say any player that can command a fee for sisu . to be replaced by loan / academy players thus resulting in our relegation to L2.

Otis

With a bit of luck will get players even shorter, lighter and younger than DKE in.

We will start a new trend of nutmegs whereby it is not the ball that actually runs through the legs, but the actual player.

Great_Expectations

The only players who would command a fee or are good enough to play at a higher standard (either when on form or when potential is reached are):

Stokes (but won't go due to injury)
Willis (but is probably too inconsistent for someone to take a decebt gamble on)
Bigi (when on form is better than L1 and he's still young)
Stevenson (miles ahead of Maddison, can definitely see offers made but SISU will hold out)
Sordell (it's clear he's getting his sharpness back, and it's clear there's a player there somewhere, so if he starts scoring he's gone. January is probably too soon for anyone monitoring his progress)
RCC (prone to errors, but even Burge fans must see he has bags of potential)

So I don't think anyone will go in January as SISU will hold out for more cash for those with potential, or teams won't be willing to gamble on some....yet.

Hoping the players TF said will be leaving are the loans and some releases.

Users who are viewing this thread