What do perfect owners look like? (1 Viewer)

win9nut

I've been thinking about what we might want any owners of CCFC to actually realise in the short, medium, and long term of owning the club from its current position

Here are my thoughts:

Short term (1-2 years)
-Stop the highly controversial strategy to move Coventry City FC out of Coventry.
-Negotiate a new deal with ACL to enable CCFC to play their home fixtures at the Ricoh.
-Give us a squad that will compete.

Medium Term (2-5 years)
-Negotiate the purchase of at least a 50% share in ACL.
-Make some short term investments to increase the turnover of CCFC (either through the Ricoh Train Station or other similar project)
-Be a team challenging for promotion to the Premiership.

Long Term (4-8 years)
-Be a Premier League football club
-Own the Freehold of the Ricoh Arena
-Own major revenue streams such as ownership of a retail park next to the Ricoh which will subsidise the playing squad and allowing CCFC to compete in the transfer market.

Is there anything I've overlooked? Anything that looks stupid?

I'd be interested to get some thoughts on where the club should actually go, what strategies it should implement, given the clubs current position...

dongonzalos

That would be the plan for anyone with half a business brain to make money out of CCFC.

An alternative plan would be we are dealing with the council

They are thick lets run them ragged and pick it all up for next to nothing when they have had enough. (not really worked that one.....)

Last edited:

Grendel

That would be the plan for anyone with half a business brain to make money out of CCFC.

That is actually a problem. The perfect owner is someone who doesn't want to make money from the football club all successful football clubs lose money.

torchomatic

Doesn't matter. We'd hate 'em anyway after a while.

torchomatic

So imagine the drain of finances of an unsuccessful football club!!

That is actually a problem. The perfect owner is someone who doesn't want to make money from the football club all successful football clubs lose money.

Grendel

ajsccfc

tZSA7zN.jpg

The perfect owner is a local long-time fan who's stupidly generous. Also, wicked buff, possibly the ruler of a nation and can ride a horse.

Users who are viewing this thread