What area of Coventry has the highest amount of City fans per capita? (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

Goes without saying everywhere is quite low but does any one place stand out?

I've always thought Bedworth has a lot of Cov fans, but I may be biased as I lived there for the first 20 years of my life.

Legia Sky Blue

I've lived in Wyken, Earlsdon, Radford, Longford and Stoke in my time, and would rank them as 1 - Longford, 2 - Wyken, 3 - Stoke, 4 - Radford, 5 - Earlsdon in my experience.

I'd forgotten I also lived in Cheylesmore too - but never really felt that was a CCFC stronghold.

Also lived in Rugby up until 1983 where there was decent support. Away coaches went from the Saracens Head in the town, and there was a thriving supporters club. I remember Dave Sexton, Harry Roberts and Rudi Kaiser coming to events there.

skybluesam66

I think Warwickshire (north and south) probably has as much support as Coventry
mainly because much of Warwickshire is people who grew up in the area - much of coventry not so

Taking this into account , and the fact that some come from ouside the area - we probably only have 4000 or so city Regulars who live in coventry
pretty poor

Ricketts

Do you mean season ticket holders, or people that went to Wembley? I suspect there may be a difference.

Calista

Proportion of young football fans in mid Warwickshire (Leam/Warwick) who would name the Sky Blues as their team, and go to at least some of the games

1968 – 80%
2018 – 10%

Only guesses of course, but realistic guesses based on local knowledge. Claiming back the surrounding towns is a vital part of turning the club’s fortunes around IMO. How to do it is another matter, and sadly most of those who now “support” other teams have no intention of regularly attending live matches anyway. Third tier live football is a hard sell in the face of the instant gratification of seeing "your" team win on a smartphone or on a screen in the pub.

Anyone care to guess what percentage of young fans in Cov itself count themslves as supporting CCFC?

Legia Sky Blue

My son went to school in Bedworth and also played football for club teams based there. Of those in the teams he played about half were Cov fans at the most, although worryingly there were more Cov supporting Dads, but whose sons had chosen to support other teams. Cov were the only team that anyone went to see live though. There were also a few that supported a 'Premiership' team, but would still watch and support us occasionally.

NortonSkyBlue

Proportion of young football fans in mid Warwickshire (Leam/Warwick) who would name the Sky Blues as their team, and go to at least some of the games

1968 – 80%
2018 – 10%

Only guesses of course, but realistic guesses based on local knowledge. Claiming back the surrounding towns is a vital part of turning the club’s fortunes around IMO. How to do it is another matter, and sadly most of those who now “support” other teams have no intention of regularly attending live matches anyway. Third tier live football is a hard sell in the face of the instant gratification of seeing "your" team win on a smartphone or on a screen in the pub.

Anyone care to guess what percentage of young fans in Cov itself count themslves as supporting CCFC?
Wolves and Brighton are examples of lost generations returning to the fold.
There is no secret how they did it. By winning games, by creating the conditions that welcomed the returning fans and enticing new ones. In fact all that Wasps did upon their arrival.
We know there is latent support for the club but it's translating that to getting them to come to games.
I think that reclaiming the towns is a fantastic step and although Riyadh is my home nowadays my family live in Nuneaton and I will join that branch.
We have to drive Leicester, Blues and especially Villa out of our heartland by offering something of an identity that we all can hang our hat on.
I am sure we are going in the right direction and the smell of decay has been replaced by something sweeter, now let's hope the idiots don't leave us homeless again.

Adge

In and around Stratford it’s mostly Villa and Blues. Not that many Cov fans around here unfortunately. Seems to be a good yield around Leamington though and recently the LWCCFCSC has helped aswell in that respect.

Sky Blue Harry H

In and around Stratford it’s mostly Villa and Blues. Not that many Cov fans around here unfortunately. Seems to be a good yield around Leamington though and recently the LWCCFCSC has helped aswell in that respect.

I think you mean the L&WCCFCSC Adge - not sure how you could have got it so wrong!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've lived in Wyken, Earlsdon, Radford, Longford and Stoke in my time, and would rank them as 1 - Longford, 2 - Wyken, 3 - Stoke, 4 - Radford, 5 - Earlsdon in my experience.

I'd forgotten I also lived in Cheylesmore too - but never really felt that was a CCFC stronghold.

Also lived in Rugby up until 1983 where there was decent support. Away coaches went from the Saracens Head in the town, and there was a thriving supporters club. I remember Dave Sexton, Harry Roberts and Rudi Kaiser coming to events there.

Fuck off m8

pusbccfc

Genuinely, probably somewhere out of Coventry.
Every Cov fan I seem to speak to live outside the city boundaries.

Cov kid 55

I always thought that teams like Wolves, Aston Villa, perhaps even West Bromwich and Leicester, have a greater history than us, and therefore have a greater reservoir of support. I still think this is true, but I’ve also looked at our attendances for 1962/63 and 1963/64, both years in which we were in League 3. In 63/64 of course, we won the league, but in both seasons, we comfortably exceeded 20,000 gates in our home games (our average was probably circa 25,000) attendances we would be delighted to achieve now.

I’m presuming (although I don’t know) that attending football has decreased in popularity, even so, these figures are stark, and reflect, I guess, the problems and failures we have faced over many years. Although we have some excellent, hard core supporters, I think, sadly, that we have to accept that for a City the size of Coventry, we are relatively poorly supported. No doubt our attendances would increase if we achieve further promotions, but our support, in terms of numbers, will unfortunately remain fickle.

Hobo

It's in the heart and ground that matters.

covmark

I'm in the badlands of Wiltshire.
I'm the only Coventry City fan that I know.
And proud of it!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covmark

I'm in the badlands of Wiltshire.
I'm the only Coventry City fan that I know.
And proud of it!!!

Although Sickboy did send me a package once. Does that make us friends?

Users who are viewing this thread