What are your favourite City games? (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

The finish to the Preston game in the JPT stands out as a highlight, don't often get euphoria like that with Cov no matter how big time the game may be.
Yeah, probably the best moment at the Ricoh. I didn't go to the Gillingham game this season due to being away, for that spell in the first half I bet it was magic.

ajsccfc

Closest feeling to it I remember was when Scott Dann equalised against Newcastle in the cup late on, but bloody Michael Owen had to go ruin that in extra time.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Closest feeling to it I remember was when Scott Dann equalised against Newcastle in the cup late on, but bloody Michael Owen had to go ruin that in extra time.

Was that equaliser where Gunnarson chucked the ball boys chair out the way so he could take the run up to launch in the throw in?

ajsccfc

Think so yeah, I'm sure I remember complaining before it about how those long throws never work too. Never heard the place roar like that before

Monners

4-3 v Spurs in 86-87 and the 3-2 v West Ham in the LC in 81 - both for the drama

Away games - Quinn hatrick at Arsenal (we were not in the North Bank
1-0 at Villa in the cup (mainly because it was the first time we had ever won there)
The 3-2 at MK Dons a couple of years back was pretty dramatic too
5-1 win at Bolton was a good day out too

skybluesam66

4-3 v Spurs in 86-87 and the 3-2 v West Ham in the LC in 81 - both for the drama

Away games - Quinn hatrick at Arsenal (we were not in the North Bank
1-0 at Villa in the cup (mainly because it was the first time we had ever won there)
The 3-2 at MK Dons a couple of years back was pretty dramatic too
5-1 win at Bolton was a good day out too
Thankyou for adding to my 3-2 collection
Also the poster above who added the Arsenal 3-2 - and the earlier mentioned 3-2 v chelsea with the dublin hattrick

Jcap

4-0 v Liverpool (Gibson hat trick)
5-4 v Forest cup game
1-0 v Villa FA Cup
3-2 v Leeds
The cup final!!
4-1 v Everton last match
v Derby last match at HR
2-1 v Arsenal at Highbury (Lee Dixon og)
4-3 v Spurs same season we won the cup
3-2 v Weat Ham league cup semi

Citysince47

City 2 v Sunderland 1 in 5th round FA Cup 1963. City 1 v Colchester 0 1964 to gain promotion to the old Div 2 and City 3 v Wolves 1 1967 to gain promotion to the then 1st Div

covcity4life

cov 3-2 arsenal
cov 2-1 wolves
cov 3-2 man utd
cov 4-2 leiceter
cov 2-3 spurs (great sherringham goal and i rmemeber it fondly now we no longer play vs the best)

torchomatic

The Bristol City 2-2 draw. Although by that point I had been going for five years, this is was the first game I actually remember clearly. I was 11.
5-4 over Norwich, Christmas 77 or 78
League Cup Semis against West Ham, home and away
4-4 draw with Brum, our first ever Sunday game, I think. At HR, mid 80s
Famous win over Liverpool with Gibbo's hatrick
Cyrille scoring and equalising in the last minute (or even injury time) at home to Spurs
Those three games where we had to win all of them to stay up.
Full Members Cup game at Victoria Ground where there were only 16 of us in the away end, mid 80s. We lost, but it was memorable.
5-4 win over Forest in the Rumbelows Cup
87 QF/SF and F
4-3 win over Man City at HR

Loads more, but those above really stick in my mind.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So many great memories, so let me throw this one into the mix . 1970 Highfield Road the sky blues playing Bayern Munich in the European Fairs Cup , the sky blues winning 2 - 1 and I was there standing in the West End . So many good memories :)

Speedies_Chips

So many great memories, so let me throw this one into the mix . 1970 Highfield Road the sky blues playing Bayern Munich in the European Fairs Cup , the sky blues winning 2 - 1 and I was there standing in the West End . So many good memories :)

I had only just watching City around that time so I wasn't really up on European teams. Were Bayern Munich considered to be a giant club in that era, like they are now?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I had only just watching City around that time so I wasn't really up on European teams. Were Bayern Munich considered to be a giant club in that era, like they are now?
Hi Speedies_Chips , were Bayern Munich considered to be a giant club in that ear . From what I can remember they were just starting to build the football club to where they are today, playing in the Bayern Munich side that night were West Germany Internationals Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Muller and many other great West Germany Internationals. In the summer of 1970 a great Italian team beat West Germany 4 - 3 in the world cup semi final which is known as the game of the Century. And to think my Sky Blues beat them on the night 2 - 1 , oh how I long for nights like that again , but sorry to say while SUIS are running my football club it's not going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread