What are Sisu's motives for staying? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Just wondering why Sisu are still here. The own a club without a stadium. Gates are weak. They will need to spend to get Coventry promoted.

Is the effort they are putting in really with their while?

Why not sell up and give someone else a go?

Otis

They want there money back. Or at least enough of it to warrant their backing out.

letsallsingtogether

Because they value the Club with nothing at more than the Villa.
Would you but it.

wince

the lower the crowds the stronger the compo claim, till the court case is settled they are going nowhere, and then what happens if wasp default on there bond returns in a couple of years time ,that's why they might be hanging around , but knows

ccfcway

if they own it, its sits on their balance sheet

if they don't, its a massive loss

case closed

67tuck

Not heard expected date of the JD findings..... Must be two months ago now ⚽️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Samo

Dunno, nobody ever asked that before. :(

Samo

Everything is sisu's fault....from the migrant crisis and tata steel to global warming and Donald trump

I knew there must me a link between global warming and trump! :(

wince

[QUOTEEverything is sisu's fault....from the migrant crisis and tata steel to global warming and Donald trump][/QUOTE] NO sisu don't own any of the above, however they do own our club

Chipfat

The fact we as fans are talking about this subject should tell us all we need to know about our owners? Sisu or whoever they hide behind are very much in the middle of all that goes on and has gone on in the last 8 years. So remarks about Trump or Migrants as a comparison is Bollocks. Sisu have been in control, they hold the keys to all and if you as a fan believe that all that is wrong is the squad that runs out on a game day or the manager that picks that squad you are deluded. Our problem runs deeper than that and changing a manager or even a director has never brought a long term positive while under these owners.

We win, lose or draw if we get promoted what is the plan, where has the plan been and what is the aim on the field? we dont know, off the field is even more of a mess and that is why in my opinion will never change of where i look for blame. We are a very poorly ran club, which is a shame as the club has potential to do so much more with the right direction. So OP is what is the plan, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW as they do not, will not, or care one bit for our feelings or concern about the clubs future, only its current state of running as a concern to get whatever aim JS is seeking.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

When they took over the plan was quick promotion and sell for a profit.
When they couldn't achieve plan A.
Plan B was buy ACL for as lower a price as the could negotiate.
They now can't achieve plan B
Plan A is not possible without a lot of investment.
Plan C seems to be sue the people who disrupted Plan B for damages. That plan seems to be the only current viable plan.
So I am guessing not walking away from the football club (which is losing them money) must somehow be linked to plan C.

I haven't got a clue, but does it put you in a better position in the legal battles if you still own the business you claim was shafted by a government body? Would the legal advice be to stay as owners and show that you do want the business to succeed? I really don't know though.

singers_pore

I think plan D is to wait to see if Wasps default on the bond repayment which becomes due in 2022. I have been talking to a firm here in California about short selling the Wasps bond as I think the current price fails to reflect its default risk. However liquidity is an issue because the Wasps bond is thinly traded which makes it difficult to go short. My broker in Hong Kong also wasn't able to take a short position. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens in 2022.

SkyblueBazza

When they took over the plan was quick promotion and sell for a profit.
When they couldn't achieve plan A.
Plan B was buy ACL for as lower a price as the could negotiate.
They now can't achieve plan B
Plan A is not possible without a lot of investment.
Plan C seems to be sue the people who disrupted Plan B for damages. That plan seems to be the only current viable plan.
So I am guessing not walking away from the football club (which is losing them money) must somehow be linked to plan C.

I haven't got a clue, but does it put you in a better position in the legal battles if you still own the business you claim was shafted by a government body? Would the legal advice be to stay as owners and show that you do want the business to succeed? I really don't know though.
I do not believe they were in any way interested in gaining promotion. Their aim was always to get the Ricoh at a knock-down price. The kept forcing the issue to achieve that aim. THEN they would have sought promotion - and THEN a hugely profitable sale.
Trouble is they always assumed it was just them...under the name of CCFC in the running for the Ricoh. They were caught with thier pants down imo!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

singers_pore

if they own it, its sits on their balance sheet

if they don't, its a massive loss

case closed

Except that accounting standards require impairment charges on assets that are owned but impaired. Plus TF confirmed that those assets had been written off already.

italiahorse

this seasons decline isn't their fault.

They supposedly gave us a mid table budget and that's exactly where we will finish. Great work. Job done.

Next years budget will be the same so again we can enjoy mid table.

Of course it's their fault. It's in their power to change it.

This business is about success and they need to invest to achieve that and if they don't want to they need to move on.

They need to give us a top 2 budget next year or we can just expect the same.

Ian1779

They supposedly gave us a mid table budget and that's exactly where we will finish. Great work. Job done.

Next years budget will be the same so again we can enjoy mid table.

Of course it's their fault. It's in their power to change it.

This business is about success and they need to invest to achieve that and if they don't want to they need to move on.

They need to give us a top 2 budget next year or we can just expect the same.

Do you believe that Burton or Walsall have a top two budget? Mowbray has been given adequate funds to make a fist for promotion.

italiahorse

Do you believe that Burton or Walsall have a top two budget? Mowbray has been given adequate funds to make a fist for promotion.

Who says it's adequate ..... Sisu ?

I look at it and it's all inexperienced youngsters, 'have beens' and loans.
Yes TM/MV bought the players, but they are having to shop at 'Pound Shop' rather than 'Sainsbury's'.

Users who are viewing this thread