What annoys you about SBT? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I am going to spend a few hours next week upgrading SBT!

A few people have said it is not easy to use so I plan to make it easier!

What is it that puts you off?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It does seem sometimes that it is a bit difficult to navigate around. In the past, I've read a couple of posts, then when I went to look for them again, I couldn't find them for ages. But having said that, I still think it's one of the best forum sites I've seen. I would suggest only a few "tweaks" , Nick.
I wait in anticipation!

Nick

Administrator
I think Navigation is the main thing that people find hard so I am going to be looking into this to make it a bit easier to navigate :)

Jimthor

Aye, agreed with the above. I think one of the more confusing things is the subforums; so i don't think it'd do much harm to merge some sections to reduce how many there are. Pretty much all the Coventry City sections could probably be merged into one to be honest.
Similarly the music/films/videogames section can probably be merged with Off Topic.

Just my thoughts on it, but in general i find the interface on here much better than other forums like GMK so kudos.

Nick

Administrator
The next thing I am removing is the ability to change fonts, so everything is the same :)

I don't think smilies are needed that much though.

Houchens Head

Oh No!!!! My font size is all the same!!! WAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick

Administrator
Good :)

Keep the suggestions coming.

More that has been done:

• Removed the ads on the mainpage at the top
  • Removed the scores
  • Upgraded the forum software to prevent a few bugs
  • Made a few tweaks to make it faster

Coventry La La La

• New Smileys (please rob the ones from 606 :p)
  • Add some new avatars
  • Get some new members (advertise the site) (606 will be closing down after this season so hopefully that will attract some new members)
I also tried adding an "animated avatar" to my profile with no luck due to the image size being to large and when it did work (smaller animated files) the animation no longer worked once it was set on my profile :(

Nick

Administrator
Avatars you can add yourself, smilies (are they really needed?)

New members, always working on it!

Coventry La La La

Yes I tried to add an animated avatar but none of them worked for either being to large of a file and when one did upload it was no longer animated :(

Nick

Administrator
That is to stop pages from taking forever to load.

Just means you need to find a smaller one or remotely link to it (using Photobucket)

Nick

Administrator
What needs updating?

Does that really need changing to help the usability of the site?

Houchens Head

Arcade games seem a bit messed up now? Doesn't automatically update scores anymore?

sky_blue_up_north

To Confusing

First time I used the site took me ages just to work out were the forum was, remember simple is best

6 Generations

Having to log on to browse subjects, I find that annoying but what surprises me is it seems to take an age for some subscribers to respond to threads. This site should be frequented and used by many more people and I suspect it will be soon as Gmk is very unreliable! Good luck .PUSB

Coventry La La La

Perhaps a new tab at the top for "Chat Box" so it can be opened in a seperate window could be usefull for some on matchdays... just throwing some ideas at you Nick :p

Users who are viewing this thread