What Advice? (1 Viewer)

Malaka

If you had a time machine and went back to your younger self, what advice would you give?

olderskyblue

If you had a time machine and went back to your younger self, what advice would you give?

Spend more time talking to my Dad. He died when I was 17, and there is lots of stuff I could have asked, but wasn't interested at the time.. His Navy career, places in the world he went etc etc

I was too busy hanging with my pal's and chasing girls lol

NorthernWisdom

Spend more time talking to my Dad. He died when I was 17, and there is lots of stuff I could have asked, but wasn't interested at the time.. His Navy career, places in the world he went etc etc

I was too busy hanging with my pal's and chasing girls lol
Is often the way you know. Same with my Grandparents, but you just didn't speak about things to them. And despite me knowing better, it's still the same with *my* Dad really!

And I see it a lot in my job, people who think they've nothing important to be told, it's just the everyday to them. Then you dig a bit deeper and find out that yeah, it's their everyday, but it's a snapshot into lives I don't know and a way of life that doesn't exist anymore, and they've got some really interesting stories. Got a load of schoolchildren involved in one project with some elderly people and they loved it... especially the comparing notes on dancing and pulling techniques!

skybluetony176

Spend less money on alcohol and more money on the other things in life you enjoy. All the nights out blur into one but other things I enjoyed in my late teens and twenties such as traveling for instance I could have done a lot more if I hadn’t pissed so much money up the wall. Every country I’ve visited all have individual memories which don’t blur into memories from other countries unlike nights out. I’m getting to an age where memories are becoming more important to me and if I’d spent less on booze and more on making memories I’d have more to reminisce about.

CJ_covblaze

Not sell our family’s share to SISU and encourage everyone else not to do so too.

Gazolba

I'd say talk to that girl who smiled at you a lot, who you were too shy to approach.
I still think about that missed opportunity 50 years later.

Last edited:

Malaka

I'd say talk to that girl who smiled at you a lot, who you were too shy to approach.
I still think about her 50 years later.
But I console myself by thinking what a wrinkled old hag she must be by now.
That is so sad

Malaka

I would say to myself, don't worry about what other people think of you, only your family and friends that love you are the ones whose opinion matters. And you wont get rich working for someone else, be your own master and master of your own destiny

duffer

I'd say try to be a bit less of an arsehole but it wouldn't matter, 'cos my younger self wouldn't listen to any sodding advice anyway.

I've made about a million poor decisions over the course of my life, and a few hundred really bad ones.

So be it, they seemed right at the time. I'm still breathing, I'm.not in jail, and there's even the odd person who seems to occasionally like my company (none here though, obviously). I guess that'll have to do! :)

wingy

Don't listen to your mums advice when going out on your very first date .
'Treat them like you'd expect your sisters to be treated'.:p
Messed with my head that one.
Never smoke is my one!!

Users who are viewing this thread