Westwood to Newcastle (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Pardew looking at him, but "fears" a new manager would persuade him to stay !

I wouldnt worry about that Alan, he will be off in 2 months.

Nick

Administrator
It really depends who the new manager is I think and what sort of ambition.

If we did a LEicester and got a rich chinese fella to fund us and somebody as big a name as Sven (not that it makes him good) then I think Westwood could be persuaded.

If we get Kevin Blackwell and 50p and a voucher for 5p off fuel at Tesco, I think he will do one!

ccfcway

Kevin Blackweel couldnt persuade me to buy a ticket to watch CCFC, never mind persuade Westwood his future is here and not in the Premier League

skyblu3sk

Hopefully we are already on the trail for a replacement, would have thought he would already of put pen to paper if he was going to

Nick

Administrator
I think he has as well.

He has been able to speak to people since January so surely he will have either signed a pre contract already or he is taking a massive gamble.

skyblu3sk

I think he has as well.

He has been able to speak to people since January so surely he will have either signed a pre contract already or he is taking a massive gamble.

If I was in his shoes I would want something signed by now, young family and all needs the stability, wouldn't want to do a miffy

Sky Blue M

I just can't see Westwood staying at all as much as I would love him to.

Was't it reported that we were looking at Cammy Bell or something like that from Motherwell as a replacement? Anyone know if hes any good?

skyblu3sk

I just can't see Westwood staying at all as much as I would love him to.

Was't it reported that we were looking at Cammy Bell or something like that from Motherwell as a replacement? Anyone know if hes any good?
Looks like it took him till he was 22 to break in to the first team..
Since Mark Brown returned to Celtic after his loan deal expired in the January 2010 transfer window, Bell has become the established first choice goalkeeper for Kilmarnock, replacing Alan Combe, who was injured for the best part of the 2009–10 season. Bell remained first pick for the start of the 2010/11 season with his performances attracting attention from Scotland manager Craig Levein.

Pigeon

I just don't want to see Westwood floating around in the Championship because he might as well have stayed with us!

sky_blue_up_north

Westy will be gone, sad but is a fact, I for one say good luck to him. I reckon it's more likely to be Villa, save moving house etc, has a young family, top bloke shame we can't meet his aspirations. But lets be honest we'd all move jobs if we could get double the money...

TommyAtkins

Cameron Bell has been called up into the Scotland side.

Westwood will leave - I suspect he never had any intention at all of signing a new contract with us

Users who are viewing this thread