West Mids clubs in PL (1 Viewer)

TewkesburySkyBlue

Does anyone know if ever Cov, Villa, Blues , Baggies and Wolves have been in the PL together ? Would be good to see a resurgence in West Mids football

fernandopartridge

81/82, I thought Wolves went down in 83 but was wrong, that'll be the last time it happened.....by 87 only Cov and Villa remained and it took the other 3 until 2002 and 2003 to return.
27b9f798e24cc3959f32d1bd6505f1e5.jpg

Magwitch

Once in the old first division all the West Midlands teams except Walsall were in the division plus Stoke, Leicester, Forest, Notts County, and Oxford, a real Midlands league Luton too not quiet Midlands I know but not far off.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

81/82, I thought Wolves went down in 83 but was wrong, that'll be the last time it happened.....by 87 only Cov and Villa remained and it took the other 3 until 2002 and 2003 to return.

Villa got relegated at the end of the 1987 season. In 1987-88 the Sky Blues were the only West Midlands team in the top flight.

NortonSkyBlue

By the skin of our teeth at times but nevertheless a great acheivment, I for one will never see it again
I hear you. Now go to the Valley on the last game of the season in 2008 and we have stunk the place out and stayed up and Leicester have been relegated to division three. Do you think that any Leicester fan would have thought that in eight years they would win the Premier League in their wildest dreams?
It is possible we will get back into the Premier League and for that reason alone I would never say never.

stevefloyd

I hear you. Now go to the Valley on the last game of the season in 2008 and we have stunk the place out and stayed up and Leicester have been relegated to division three. Do you think that any Leicester fan would have thought that in eight years they would win the Premier League in their wildest dreams?
It is possible we will get back into the Premier League and for that reason alone I would never say never.
I mean I won't see us be in the Prem for 34 years even if they got promoted this season

Users who are viewing this thread