West Ham vs Joe Murphy? (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

Saved our bacon on a few occasions today. Westwood was class and we were lucky to have him for so long, most keepers would look poor compared to him.

Murphy is as good a replacement as we can hope for at present.

Nonleagueherewecome

For me, 3 of his 4 best games for us have been his last 3. Great to see him coming into form and showing us what he can do.

wingy

Only four performances stand out as poor for me ,Blues possibly,Palace,Brighton and portsmouth ,i think the rest of it relates to our views on the loss of westwood:)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Has been good since the Brighton away match.
Bristol and Brighton were very good performances, his handling has improved a lot lately.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
For me, 3 of his 4 best games for us have been his last 3. Great to see him coming into form and showing us what he can do.

Ive always had a pop at Murphy before he signed and since we've had him so its only right that I give credit where its due. His last 3 have definately been very good performances. He kept the game at 0 0 for so long today and it was inevitable that atleast one would sneak passed. It did, but was not down to Murphy. Long may it continue.

pusbccfc

Some of the saves were world class today and didn't fluff any.

MOM

Frostie

Where are all those goalkeeping experts calling for him to be dropped for Dunn now? The only reason we nearly got a point today was Joe Murphy. Perhaps we can start getting behind our players for a change?

WillieStanley

I've always liked him and felt really let down those time where he's fluffed his lines but I think he's got everything going for him. He was decent prior to his City career and now he's got a legend of a player coaching him all the way.

North York’s Blue

Murphy wad excellent today and certainly kept us in it, that said we didn't disgrace ourselves and looked dangerous on the break, could have easily snatched a goal at the end.

Moe-Lask

Never was impressed with what i saw from Murphy, but he is turning out to be an excellent shot stopper but still doesn't feel me with confidence when the opposition pump the ball into the box!

Lets hope he settling in and turns out to prove me wrong

PVA

Can't believe some of the stick this lad has got this season. Especially with people calling for Dunn to come in based on one overrated save against Derby.

Murphy is solid, and more than good enough for the team bottom of the league.

rob9872

I'm sure as soon as he makes another mistake as all keepers do, a number will be on his back again. Murphy is and always has been decent just exposed by some poor play in front of him and a couple of high profile errors early in the season. Errors can be glossed over with a victory but we've not had many of those either. He's not Westwood we were very lucky to have someone as good as him, but we are also fortunate to have Murphy and I hope he is here for at least the remainder of his 3 year contract.

Nonleagueherewecome

TBF, he looked terrible for the first 2 months and has made numerous individual errors. I'll praise him when he's doing well but I'm not forgetting when he was crap, either! All told I don't think he's any better than a bottom Championship/top L1 'keeper.

ccfc4ever

Always thought he was a good keeper & nice to see some people giving him some credit at long last. He was outstanding today and has been great in the last 3 games. Lets get behind all our players we've seen what can happen when we do

The CableGuy

Sam Allardyce: "We were all relieved when we saw it go in because we were all wondering whether it was going to happen for us or not on the basis of how many chances we created and how good their keeper was."

"It was an outstanding performance from him (Murphy) and I was just getting a little worried in the last embers of the game that we weren't going to get what we deserved."

The CableGuy

http://westhamclaretinmyblood.blogspot.com/2012/01/west-ham-1-0-coventry-city-deserved-3.html

Frankly this should have been over after 60 minutes, and West Ham should have been 3-0 up, rather than the nervy ending it was. Again though, it was the combination of a lack of set-play polish (Noble has to be replaced as the primary free kick/corner merchant), a lack of clinical finishing, and a superb Coventry GK in the form of Joe Murphy. Frankly, if it's true that Robert Green is refusing to sign a new contract and wants out even if we're promoted (and I'm not sure it is), then we'd do worse than sign Joe Murphy. He was spectacular today and was the only factor from Coventry's perspective that kept the scoreline so low: it should have been 4 for the Hammers.

Grendel

I'm sure as soon as he makes another mistake as all keepers do, a number will be on his back again. Murphy is and always has been decent just exposed by some poor play in front of him and a couple of high profile errors early in the season. Errors can be glossed over with a victory but we've not had many of those either. He's not Westwood we were very lucky to have someone as good as him, but we are also fortunate to have Murphy and I hope he is here for at least the remainder of his 3 year contract.

Very true - he is as good a keeper as we could ever attract. I have seen some weird posts that say as he was with a relegated team he must be awful. With that logic Westwood must be one of the worst 6 keepers in the league in the last 3 seasons. He is one of the few players in the squad that does not need replacing.

Disorganised1

Hopefullly the Murphy knockers will take a rest now.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I didn't make the West Ham game but certainly think Murphy helped earn the win against Bristol, he was amazing that day.

I've never been a fan of Murph. He seems to fumble far too much. BUT I will say he has come on leaps and bounds recently. For a guy of his age to increase so much as he has done, shows what a cracking coach Oggy must be.

Covstu

I never got the critisism of murphy anyway, we need to realise what we had in westy and what we actually lost in that player. Murphy is not as good but it still a decent player.

Users who are viewing this thread