Weren't Barnsley dreadful (1 Viewer)

Grendel

No one jeered bell.

@richh87

It was made easy by the tactical change the opposition manager made which played into our hands. You may have a one topic agenda but still you need to keep things in perspective. Nil nil if he hadn't made that odd decision.

Sometimes the intelligent thing is to do nothing. Another manager may have changed things and blown it.

Also the squad love him. He's done an amazing job with the kids. Look at the determination of Clarke to go on that lung busting run to make that goal. He definitely has them playing for him - with the possible exception of Baker who is naturally lazy.

Otis

Same Otis. Baker was shocking and looked lazy. I was glad to hear he was very upset on the bench because at least it showed he cares - as his performance left me feeling he couldn't be arsed (as it did v Forest).

When he was subbed I think it's the first time I've heard a player jeered off AND his replacement jeered on!

What wonderful fans we have.

I think what fans were pissed off with for one was, that last week a lot went to Forest and a lot more watched on TV and Baker overhit every single cross. Yesterday, instead of it seeming like he had worked on it and try to hit the ball a bit softer, he went and overhit every cross again.

Now if he can't cross at all then fair enough and I would accept that, but he has shown in the past that he has plenty of ability. The lad can cross a ball. Same goes for Bell. Has the ability to put telling crosses in, but more often than not they are grass cutters that don't beat the first defender.

This is why people get irked. They can see the players who do have a bit of skill about them and they see the players who don't. Freddy also falls into this bracket. They see what these players are capable of and expect a perforamnace a little bit more than once every 4 or 5 games.

Baker has probably only had about 4 good games in his whole time here. When he's good though he's very good.

Grendel

Sometimes the intelligent thing is to do nothing. Another manager may have changed things and blown it.

Also the squad love him. He's done an amazing job with the kids. Look at the determination of Clarke to go on that lung
busting run to make that goal. He definitely has them playing for him - with the possible exception of Baker who is naturally lazy.

Don't you think you may be taking this obsession a teeny bit too far?

Grendel

I have shown some of the posts on here to fans of others clubs, they find it hilarious!

The suggestion that only thorn could have masterminded yesterday's victory is rather absurd.

Did kduffy just accuse soneone else of having a one topic agenda? :D

Seriously though kduffy, did Andy Thorn sleep with your wife? Your attack on him is now so relentless that it's the opposition manager's efforts whenever we win. Unbelievable. Quite amusing though.

Grendel

Seriously though kduffy, did Andy Thorn sleep with your wife? Your attack on him is now so relentless that it's the opposition manager's efforts whenever we win. Unbelievable. Quite amusing though.

I haven't attacked him on this thread at all. Merely not gone into overdrive after 1 scrambled win.

I think you should be more worried about rich, the man love is growing stronger by the day.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thorn in bed with anyone's a thought I could do without.

Sick Boy

He really is a tactical mastermind, how long can we keep hold of him? At his rate he'll be in the Premier League in August, I heard there are rumours Chelsea have been excited by our exciting football and don't want to risk losing out on him before he goes elsewhere. We really are so lucky he is even here at the moment.

Nobody's getting carried away. Just a few odd types trying to defend their strange hatred of the manager.

Barnsley stuck everyone behind the ball yesterday. It was a great and much needed win for us.

Give it a rest guys.

Oh and one more thing...

LEAVE ANDY ALONE!!!

torchomatic

Or about the brilliant victory against Leeds, but the defeat at Forest on the other hand...

Merely not gone into overdrive after 1 scrambled win.

Grendel

Or about the brilliant victory against Leeds, but the defeat at Forest on the other hand...

Gave thorn credit in that victory and have credited other wins to. Also very little criticism on individual games. Ultimately the judgement is on the wholes season. If you define 7 wins as acceptable then that is fine personally I don't and that leaves us playing catch up.

Find one post where I have been abusive to thorn or said he's fat etc.

I question suitability on motivation, experience, tactics, general aptitude for the job as a whole. I don't see this as unreasonable and I am certainly not personally offensive unlike some on here. Also I do get irritated when sone go into hyperbolic overdrive about thorn which make him sound like the best manager in the division which he is not,

I have a view and I believe generally argue Wirh thought and logic.

They worked really hard and closed down space, but offered absolutely nothing in terms of threat whatsoever.

Seems like they were playing for the draw from the first whistle. Just three shots all game, Murphy with nothing to do and no corners the entire 90 mins.

Could understand it if they were desperate for points and at the wrong end of the league, but they are midtable.

Very, very disappointed with the way they set out their stall. It was almost non-football. So pleased we won and they got their just desserts.

This shows how poor we have been this season, if shit like Barnsley are above us.

That isn't a criticism of AT btw...Barnsley have spent millions and AT has done a fantastic job.:facepalm:

stupot07

He really is a tactical mastermind, how long can we keep hold of him? At his rate he'll be in the Premier League in August, I heard there are rumours Chelsea have been excited by our exciting football and don't want to risk losing out on him before he goes elsewhere. We really are so lucky he is even here at the moment.

Out of interest when was the last time one of our managers have been poached from us due to their superior management skills?

stupot07

This shows how poor we have been this season, if shit like Barnsley are above us.

That isn't a criticism of AT btw...Barnsley have spent millions and AT has done a fantastic job.:facepalm:

To be fair they have recently lost their top scorer and most creative player - no wonder they are now in free fall.

stupot07

And barnsley have brought in 12 permanent signings and 6 loans this season, so although they haven't spend millions they have spent a lot more than we have.

Otis

As I said on another post.

Had we played well we would all be saying "If we play like that every week we have half chance."

As it was scrappy and we didn't play well many are now saying "We can't keep playing like that every week and expect to win many games."

Everyone is happy with the win, but as it wasn't particularly convincing we all know we need to up our game in the matches to come.

Yet most people will point to us playing better and getting better results since we lost our top scorer.

I was referring to us losing our better players generally. I think the additions of Nimely and Norwood have made the difference.

stupot07

As I said on another post.

Had we played well we would all be saying "If we play like that every week we have half chance."

As it was scrappy and we didn't play well many are now saying "We can't keep playing like that every week and expect to win many games."

Everyone is happy with the win, but as it wasn't particularly convincing we all know we need to up our game in the matches to come.

I agree Otis, but barnsley came with a plan to make life difficult for us, and we won ugly. Lot of posters have been saying they would prefer us to win ugly than lose pretty.

Otis

Of course.

We all know we need to up the game against Leshtur.

A draw would be absoloutely fantastic.

Of course.

We all know we need to up the game against Leshtur.

A draw would be absoloutely fantastic.

I think if i'm going to that game I'm bringing with me a pair of ear muffs (to drown out the ridicule) and an expectation of nothing but a hammering.

A defeat there is hard to take regardless of the circumstances.

Grendel

I think we will win.

ccfc2011

Barnsley showed no ambition they looked awful.

Users who are viewing this thread