Went to a football match in Brasil yesterday (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

As above was lucky enough to be in Porte Allegre for work yesterday when the local team International were playing in their regional league - their keeper is the national team keeper and the main striker is the ex Manure player Anderson who scored the first - 4-0 great game open play - full of outrageous tricks - £6 to get in for me - 50% discount for members ( sort of season tickets but there are 150k of them ) the stadium holds 55k was done up for the world cup

I suppose the reason for posting was the crowd only 11 k but it was DEAFENING the whole game 95 mins from two groups of supporters - when i said you could hear our players shouting for the ball they couldnt believe it - they had drums trumpets cornets - whistlers ? there were all ages singing and chanting - each time they scored the volume went down only to start up as soon as they had kicked off again even louder - i guess it was the shape of the roof like a jelly fish which made all the difference

These guys were playing 35 degree heat with a 5 minute break in the first half for drink - big respect - as a level it would be a good prem game but with the tricks and moves so much more entertaining - so much more space - no barracking of the ref to speak of and the ball boys placed a ball behind the goal keeper everytime the ball went out for a goal kick

oh and by the way its right what they say about Brasilian women - most are absolutely stunning ;)

Sick Boy

Sounds similar to my experience of watching Series A. Football in England is massively over-hyped and massively expensive.

Terry Gibson's perm

I went to the Milan derby a few years ago and that was an amazing atmosphere. Also went to a West Brom v Newcastle game at the hawthorns 20 odd years ago and the Newcastle fans made loads of noise.

Gazolba

Brasil is a totally different culture to the UK. Polar opposites.

MatthewWallis

I went to Toulouse v Lyon the summer before last and loved it. Really good experience and really good atmosphere

Somerset Sky Blue

I saw Spartak Moscow v sheriff tiraspol in a preliminary champions league game a few years ago - tickets were cheap, ground mostly empty....and despite walking past hundred of well armed soldiers and being searched, loads of fireworks were set off!

Sick Boy

Brasil is a totally different culture to the UK. Polar opposites.

Southern European & South American culture as so much better than UK culture. They don't seem to have the same repression and can actually enjoy themselves without getting drunk.

malkitccfc

I went to the Dortmund Schalke derby ( Schalke member myself) in Dortmund before christmas and it was spectacular from both sets of fans. Certainly an experience! I'd love to witness South American football eventually

CCFC88

I was at El Classico in November, even when losing 4-0 at home to their biggest rivals there was a huge amount of noise coming from the hoards of Madrid fans in the top tier, you never see them on TV and the games at the Bernabaou always seem quite quiet but these guys were very impressive!

Gazolba

pusbccfc

Sounds similar to my experience of watching Series A. Football in England is massively over-hyped and massively expensive.

Most exciting, no doubt.

Mcbean

Happy that others have been outside the box and enjoyed ! looking forward to returning home tonight back in time to have a days sleep and watching Fleetwood get hammered PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread