Web articles about CCFC (1 Viewer)

JSL

Why does virtually every article on the Web about us have to trot out the same, now boring, splurge about last summers big name exits and player churn. It takes up half the article to pad it out and quite frankly is old news now. Am I the only one who gets ticked off by it?

Terry_dactyl

Why does virtually every article on the Web about us have to trot out the same, now boring, splurge about last summers big name exits and player churn. It takes up half the article to pad it out and quite frankly is old news now. Am I the only one who gets ticked off by it?
Maybe we’re more familiar with that story than most readers?

What was more interesting to me, was someone pointing out on here that our starting team vs Millwall didn’t have any player who started the playoff final. Testament to MR and how well weve used the money.

skyblue1991

Am I the only one who gets ticked off by it?

20f40cefdf550dcc299dc17c5322bcdb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

skyblue_55

Just this morning, talking to a mate off work & watching the play off final ( again ). A quick chat & you have to be impressed, as we all are , with our progression . It’s just a shame that scribes don’t write about this new leg of our journey, without the big two .
we’ve have had such a ride & long may it continue towards the promised land,
CTID

fernandopartridge

TBF the articles are not necessarily aimed at people who already know all this. Living away from Coventry and speaking to fans of PL teams, most wouldn't have a clue about that sort of of thing so the context is important.

djr8369

TBF the articles are not necessarily aimed at people who already know all this. Living away from Coventry and speaking to fans of PL teams, most wouldn't have a clue about that sort of of thing so the context is important.
Also most internet content is scrapped together in the quickest, cheapest way possible, sometimes using AI.

Astute

If our own supporters have spent so long calling our new signings shite why would anyone else notice how good they really are?

If you just look at the table we're amongst the wannabes. They won't be considering our bad start and where we are now.

To most there's 3 sides better than the rest. That's the 3 sides that came down. But do they ever look at our results against the 3 of them?

I'm happy we're staying under the radar. No added pressure on us. We just need to continue as we are and let the results do the talking. Robins is doing a great job of keeping the expectations down.

Terry_dactyl

I wonder where we’d be if Vik and Gus had stayed?
My guess is our side would’ve been pretty much the same bar the loanees.

Astute

I wonder where we’d be if Vik and Gus had stayed?
My guess is our side would’ve been pretty much the same bar the loanees.
It's certainly worked out well for Gyokeres and ourselves. He is getting the recognition he deserves and we have a team and not just a few players we hope can stay fit for a whole season.

Terry_dactyl

It's certainly worked out well for Gyokeres and ourselves. He is getting the recognition he deserves and we have a team and not just a few players we hope can stay fit for a whole season.
Yeah. I’ve thought about just how important his time with us and subsequent transfer might be. I guess we’ll know in a few years. if this team were to get to the prem at some point then I’d say his influence on our club could not be underestimated.

Astute

Yeah. I’ve thought about just how important his time with us and subsequent transfer might be. I guess we’ll know in a few years. if this team were to get to the prem at some point then I’d say his influence on our club could not be underestimated.
And the money we got for him made it possible to put us on another level.

The watchmaker

Because they are all written by the same robot.
Soccer Falling GIF

Pricey1984

What gets me is how basically every article or radio station etc refers to Robins as the most underrated manager around .... at what point does underrated become, well, rated

Flying Fokker

It’s the truth? It is some story as well.

Flying Fokker

Just this morning, talking to a mate off work & watching the play off final ( again ). A quick chat & you have to be impressed, as we all are , with our progression . It’s just a shame that scribes don’t write about this new leg of our journey, without the big two .
we’ve have had such a ride & long may it continue towards the promised land,
CTID
Yikes. You watched the play off Final?

Users who are viewing this thread