We Won't Help City Whilst SISU Are In Charge - Mutton (1 Viewer)

Sub

No Council help for SISU
Coventry City Council leader John Mutton has said that the City Council will not help the Sky Blues to come to a rent reduction, if the club are relegated.
Owners SISU have not met the last payment of rent and the Councillor leader and long time City supporter told the Independent that there would be no help for the club whilst SISU were in charge.
Cllr Mutton said: "I don't think we will be able to help while there is a hedge fund involved.
"They won't sell even though there has been interest, because no one will pay the money they want to offset their losses. That's their own fault, there is no sympathy from local people. We won't consider selling our shares to Sisu. If we had a company we thought would take it forward we might."

have to agree with this statement completly SISU really need to sell up and go!!
thats if anybody still wants to buy CCFC :(:(

Colonel Mustard

"We won't consider selling our shares to Sisu. If we had a company we thought would take it forward we might"

It's this line that bothers me. It's red meat for the anti-SISU majority and buys favour for the council, but is there an agenda?

Colonel Mustard

What agenda? Like the fans they simply don't trust Sisu.

Since when has the council put CCFC's interests first? Back in Fletcher's day it was about giving the people of Coventry bang for their buck, and now it is about the untrustworthiness of SISU. It doesn't bother me either way, to be frank, but I don't like the snake-ish language from Mr Mutton. Surely a fairer way for a councilman to put it would be, for example, "SISU has failed to meet our sale requirements thus far". Maybe I'm dead wrong, but at this point I'd take pretty much any odds that the council won't sell to any owner in the next 10+ years...

Otis

You may of course be right, but that would be the death knell for CCFC because no owner is going to be able to pay the rent are they.

Colonel Mustard

You may of course be right, but that would be the death knell for CCFC because no owner is going to be able to pay the rent are they.

No clue. There's a total lack of transparency when it comes to finances and football, which is one of the reasons one should take everything with a pinch of salt. Oh, for strong regulation in the game...

Covstu

This will then depend on how much sisu dig in and be stubborn. They would sell to a reputable company but would that mean sisus debts swell, that might be too much for a potential buyer to consider

J

Jack Griffin

I like the seperation of club & statium. In my opinion whoever owns the club cannot be trusted.

dongonzalos

Fairplay to him, now fans have to show the same balls and stay away till SISU are forced to let it go. then turn out in mass in support of the new owners

mustaphasbeard

"We won't consider selling our shares to Sisu. If we had a company we thought would take it forward we might"

It's this line that bothers me. It's red meat for the anti-SISU majority and buys favour for the council, but is there an agenda?

Of course there's an agenda. Every word these people speak, there's an agenda.

My gues is that the agenda in this case is that there is no way fat greedy pigs with their snouts in the trough will ever sell the cash cow (to them) that is the ricoh

Users who are viewing this thread