We should look at the positives (1 Viewer)

Grendel

At the start of the season we looked in mess. Awful
Manager, accepted mediocrity, were unfit and had a squad unfit for purpose.

Without robins we'd be down in the depths. We still lose too many games but the collective spirit is much better Andover of the other issues have been addressed.

A new manager should slot in, hopefully improve the defence, and we will be ok.

As for robins he played us. Becoming manager of Coventry you know 2 things - we sack at will and there is no money. So lets be under no illusion - we were a stepping stone for him to re-establish himself. If we had still been in the JpT and in the top 6 he would have waited. With those opportunities in the balance there was a risk that the club would end upon table and no move would be forthcoming.

Huddersfield did not target the club as we are financially unstable. Someone will have tipped them off he wanted it. The same happened to Doncaster and Blackpool.

Robins has shown us what he is about. Short term personal gain is his goal. Lets not kid ourselves any different.

He has laid some foundations and was not perfect. The next manager may do even better.

coundonskyblue

The problem is its just another death nail in the belief that there is loyalty in football. If we do well under the next manager, how can we ever enjoy that with the thought that he could leave us at any minute?

Tonylinc

I seem to recall a Barnsley fan telling us that MR would stabilise the club but no more than that just before he was announced as Manager. Did he know more than we gave him credit for at the time?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I seem to recall a Barnsley fan telling us that MR would stabilise the club but no more than that just before he was announced as Manager. Did he know more than we gave him credit for at the time?

Explain to me how the hell is leaving at 5 months stability?

What he meant at the time is he would do an ok job, stop the rot but wouldn't pull up any trees or do anything amazing

Mucca Mad Boys

I had a slight paranoia that he'd fuck off quickly, either over boardroom issues or a team wants him, but after his comments this season, this has been totally unexpected, my paranoia had gone, I've lost respect for him and I applaud the board for 'fighting to the death' but it was MR's will, so we begin this process again,melts get someone in quickly, a pro, not Oggy or Carsley.

cloughie

Without robins we'd be down in the depths. We still lose too many games but the collective spirit is much better Andover of the other issues have been addressed.

As for robins he played us. Becoming manager of Coventry you know 2 things - we sack at will and there is no money. So lets be under no illusion - we were a stepping stone for him to re-establish himself. If we had still been in the JpT and in the top 6 he would have waited. With those opportunities in the balance there was a risk that the club would end upon table and no move would be forthcoming.

Huddersfield did not target the club as we are financially unstable. Someone will have tipped them off he wanted it. The same happened to Doncaster and Blackpool.

Robins has shown us what he is about. Short term personal gain is his goal. Lets not kid ourselves any different.

He has laid some foundations and was not perfect. The next manager may do even better.

Not tipped off as such just his agent doing the behind the scenes work ie before he asked to talk to them/ permission given he already had an idea of the deal on offer via his agent.

permission to talk to him rule is bullsh*t they talk to the agent

Sky Blue Pete

I had a slight paranoia that he'd feck off quickly, either over boardroom issues or a team wants him, but after his comments this season, this has been totally unexpected, my paranoia had gone, I've lost respect for him and I applaud the board for 'fighting to the death' but it was MR's will, so we begin this process again,melts get someone in quickly, a pro, not Oggy or Carsley.

Think most of us felt the same

coop

We need someone in asap or we could be on an almighty freefall no manager no 1st team coach and worst of all no fitness coach so will it be back to the lazy days of AT and another late season fight to stay up

Grendel

Not tipped off as such just his agent doing the behind the scenes work ie before he asked to talk to them/ permission given he already had an idea of the deal on offer via his agent.

permission to talk to him rule is bullsh*t they talk to the agent

Yes bit whatever it's zero to do with put financial plight it's to do with Robins already saying what are the terms and if they are ok I will take it. Now if he avoids the drop he will have another little notch on his CV and try and engineer a bigger move still.

He loves Yorkshire and warnock is out of contract at the end of the season.....,,

Brighton Sky Blue

Most baffling of all are the signings of Philliskirk and Dickinson-if your intention is to go applying for other jobs, why continue recruitment?

Ashdown1

The next manager may do better......................like the last 11 did you stupid coont !!

Grendel

The next manager may do better......................like the last 11 did you stupid coont !!

Mark robins managed us at a lower level. We are in budget terms a strong club at this level. Only a fool like thorn would really fail.

Robins has done well enough but as a manager in the big picture he is not established at all.

Managers can succeed or fail due to many factors. If you are a Northampton fan and were asked to choose boothroyd or Garry Johnstone they would choose AB every time.

Robins had failings. We still leaked goals. Compare his firm to Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

He is very replaceable.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mark robins managed us at a lower level. We are in budget terms a strong club at this level. Only a fool like thorn would really fail.

Robins has done well enough but as a manager in the big picture he is not established at all.

Managers can succeed or fail due to many factors. If you are a Northampton fan and were asked to choose boothroyd or Garry Johnstone they would choose AB every time.

Robins had failings. We still leaked goals. Compare his firm to Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

He is very replaceable.

Howe at Burnley was less of a success though-still, I'd have him high up the list.

Users who are viewing this thread