WE NEED POINTS - Where Will they Come From ??? (1 Viewer)

Can we survive ?
Can we get the points ?
Can we turn things round ?

Bearing in mind the average safety margiin is approximately 51 points in this league and we now have the princely sum of 7 points from 10 games and a win factor of just 10% what do we need from the rest of the season to have a chance of retaining our status.

I think we if we could win another 12 games and draw 8 out of the next 36 we could end up with the magical figure - HOWEVER, this would require a win ratio of 36% from the remaining fixture list a massive improvement from the current 10% win ratio.

Does any one think this is realistic and achievable ???

PUSB

bamalamafizzfazz

Surely I am not the only one that thinks the city have been unlucky at times this season. There have been times that had the team maintained focus for another few minutes we would be a lot better off right now.
I am referring to Palace, Reading, Blackpool. The extra seven points from those games alone would have us in a completely different position.
The actual situation is that we haven't won those games and we didn't get those points and we do only have seven points from ten games but to talk about relegation a quarter of the season in when we play in such an unpredictable league may be slightly pessimistic in my opinion. I just wish we didn't have a two week break to put things right against Forest.
PUSB

gouldberg

The only 3 points any of the Cov lads will get anytime soon will be on their license as they speed away from another embarrassing loss. :facepalm:

:blue::blue::blue::blue:

Astute

Surely I am not the only one that thinks the city have been unlucky at times this season. There have been times that had the team maintained focus for another few minutes we would be a lot better off right now.
I am referring to Palace, Reading, Blackpool. The extra seven points from those games alone would have us in a completely different position.
The actual situation is that we haven't won those games and we didn't get those points and we do only have seven points from ten games but to talk about relegation a quarter of the season in when we play in such an unpredictable league may be slightly pessimistic in my opinion. I just wish we didn't have a two week break to put things right against Forest.
PUSB

Shhhhhhh. You will be labelled as a SISU supporter if you are not careful :D

We are not the worse team in this division. A couple of wins and things will look different. If these wins do not come in the next 5 games then we will be in trouble. Doing OK at home, but sh1te away :mad:

It is shocking how quick things can go from slightly optimistic to relegation certainties in 1 game. We have been very poor away from home. We just lost away from home again. A win against the florists next game could have us up to 17th :eek: Would that suddenly make us better than the 7 teams below us when now we are only better than the 2 teams below us? :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

PUSB

Lots of truth in that, but sadly luck doesn't even out: if you are unlucky, heads drop-confidence and self belief drains away, until you stop doing things that made you "unlucky" and actually just become poor. That's particularly true of youngsters, and you could visibly see Gael and Cyrus wilt and freeze against Leicester after they scored.
All this is probably what we've seen in the Ipswich and Barnsley games, not to mention until Deegan came on against Blackpool. The more you are unlucky, ultimately, the less effective you become until luck just doesn't come into it anymore.

Bad luck + good performance = poor morale, leading to bad performance. Momentum is vital-ask Southampton and Norwich fans.

Astute

Bad luck + good performance = poor morale, leading to bad performance. Momentum is vital-ask Southampton and Norwich fans.

And Derby? :thinking about: Tis luck first before anything else normally. Momentum helps when in a good way though. Try to stop yourself after jumping off a cliff. Momentum will win however good your luck is though :D

Nonleagueherewecome

And Derby? :thinking about: Tis luck first before anything else normally. Momentum helps when in a good way though. Try to stop yourself after jumping off a cliff. Momentum will win however good your luck is though :D

I'd say the form after Derby was perhaps a case of more immaturity-the players probably "believed their own hype" and thought they'd cracked it and everything was going to be ok now, after Derby. Just like many fans, and the manager perhaps? After a "fake high", Ipswich brought all and sundry slamming back to earth in a big pile of failure.

Astute

Our home form should put us mid table. We are being let down badly by our away form. 1 point from 5 games is very poor. We get the feeling of relegation after each away game. After each home game we get false hopes. A win against the florists will move us up the table and more hope for the future, maybe false hope though. We need to suffer less from travel sickness to get our season together. Lets treat our away games as though we are at home.

Disorganised1

Looks like we'll be playing the tree huggers just in time for the new manager effect to kick in

bamalamafizzfazz

Lets treat our away games as though we are at home.

I have to say I disagree with this. When you play away you need to change mentality completely, drop deeper, play narrower with potentially 5 across the middle flooding the midfield and wait for the opportunity to catch them on the break. It is all about not letting the home team play their style of football and when they are on the backfoot hit them on the counter.
I like Thorn's style of football even if it is a little tame when it comes to attack but should we play like this away from home? I would say not.

However I would also say that we have disappointing results at home too so why would taking the same approach work away when it doesn't work for us at home.

Astute

We have lost 1 game at home, the first game of the season. We have not lost in the last 4 games at home. Away from home we have only got 1 point so far from 5 games. All our defeats by more than 1 goal have been away from home. We need to change the way we play our away games, unless you think we should sit back and let teams like Barnsley beat us quite easily.

It's just amazing to me that we have been having the same conversation for about 2 years. 1, we will not survive without investment and 2, will SISU sell us or put us into admin/liquidation.

Things just haven't changed for such a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread