We Got The Bus! Trust March Update (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Just to keep folks updated - Taking place on Saturday 12th July the Trust march will be starting from Gosford Green at 12 noon and ending in Broadgate. We have a Lady Godiva arranged to lead the march and have now received confirmation that we will have the '87 Cup Final bus to use as a stage in Broadgate. From here we will have some music and some brief speeches (no politicians!). Thanks to all folks at Coventry Transport Museum for making this possible.The iconic bus was used to transport the cup final winning team through the streets of Cov and is a reminder of happier days and what this club was and has the potential to be again. Music etc is sorted and more details will be released over coming days.

Put date in your diary and lets show the world Cov fans are still loud and proud and want their team back in Coventry. Last year was a great event and lets make this years even better.

So Join The March - Why Not?

Last edited:

torchomatic

Get on board, get on board, get on board with the Double Deckers

Covkid1968#

Me and the family are there.....not that it rules all the decisions in my life....but is there a beer tent of some sort???

ashbyjan

Sorry no beer tent but at Gosford Green we will have food stand, ice cream van, face painting, a small stage with brilliant local band playing and - to be announced later in week - a surprise guest!

If there is anyone who can help in stewarding please contact me via [email protected]

Covkid1968#

I played the flute at school if thats of any use!!!! - I can only do Frère Jacques though or possibly we wish you a merry christmas.

torchomatic

Otis

Apparently not. Although Doughnut has now passed on.
http://www.thedoubledeckers.com/now.htm

Don't pay any attention to that cleansed biased version. Pah!!

That's the Double Decker fan club perspective.

f][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas Simmonds[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], who played the lovable kid Doughnut,[/FONT][/FONT]Simmonds[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], who played th[/FON/FON
Truth is as follows;

Douglas Simmonds - Doughnut. 15 years in Wansworth for diamond smuggling

Peter Firth - Scooper. Rent boy on the streets of Peckham

Brinsley Forde - Spring. Coccaine dealer

Michael Audreson - Brains. 2 years in Dartmoor for compulsive panty sniffing

Gillian Bailey - Billie. Now a drugs crime lord in Guatemala

Debbie Russ - Tiger. Eaten by a tiger on safari in 1982.

Bruce Clark - Sticks. Down and out glue sniffer somewhere in the back streets of LA.

duffer

For a journey on a double decker London Bus....

See you next weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

You are showing your age here mate. If anyone asks, I always say I grew up watching The Tweenies and Teletubbies. Which is in part true, since I was a student. ;)

LastGarrison

Had a great day last year spending the afternoon drinking in Coventry's most salubrious ale houses such as Weatherspoons, Club Release, The Tudor Rose and the Cov Cross.

So much so that we plan to do exactly the same this year.

sky_blue_up_north

What would be great if it was announced we are back home on the 11th, then it could be real celebration. Trouble is I can't see it.

Nick

Administrator
It is a shame about comments like this:

I think the sentiment of most protesters will be we want SISU out rather than against the club playing in Northampton and getting City back to the Ricoh.

Pretty sure EVERYONE will want the club back.

NorthernWisdom

They can't control the comments people make. tbf the message of the march from those organising it is the right one so... that's good enough for me.

Trust website says
Just to keep folks updated - Taking place on Saturday 12th July the Sky Blue Trust march will be starting from Gosford Green at 12 noon and ending in Broadgate.

Jan's OP says 12... this article says 11. Who's right!

I'll be more than fashionably late if it's 11(!)

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
They can't control the comments people make. tbf the message of the march from those organising it is the right one so... that's good enough for me.

Trust website says

Jan's OP says 12... this article says 11. Who's right!

I'll be more than fashionably late if it's 11(!)

Ah. Will check to clarify. It might be an 11meet for a 12 start. But that's an assumption!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread