We didn't play Saturday - but what a day! (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

What a great day for ANY self respecting Sky Blue fan - we stay in the top 2 even though we didn't play and best of all - Wasps got thrashed at the Ricoh 50 - 28 and to top that off the part-time support turned out in numbers NOT! Only 6,341.
No more than they deserve.
This season just keeps on giving!!!

GaryJones

Fuck this is even better than I thought and I nearly fell off my chair cheering with joy! - The actual PROPER Coventry Rugby Team "Coventry RFC" won away from home 47-17. Everything is right with the world & things are slowly slotting into place!
I hope I wake up tomorrow and this hasn't just been a cruel dream!

Last edited:

hill83

giphy.gif

Gray

The Novelty is wearing off for Wasps now. Most of their Southern Warwickshire fan base are getting bored now they are not winning so much. Hopefully it means they'll need us back to top up Thier dwindling ticket sales

GaryJones

I was in Bedworth this morning and I think Wasps must be doing a booming business on XXXXXL Shirts because I saw at least 30 slowly plodding down the high street. I could almost smell the polyester friction burns from the leggings rubbing together as they inched toward the Ricoh Arena.

Last edited:

SBAndy

I was in Bedworth this morning and I think Wasps must be doing a booming business on XXXXXL Shirts because I saw at least 30 slowly plodding down the high street. I could almost smell the polyester friction burns from the leggings rubbing together as they inched toward the Ricoh Arena.

That’s their new squad. Time to cut cloth accordingly.

ccfc1234

Hopefully they will need us back, hopefully we will tell them to get stuffed.
Agree as long as it does not take more than one more season to fully distress their finances. If they go down this season or are in the lower echelons of the league they will be really struggling.
I wonder If there is a group of NOPM wasps fans who live in and around London?

Adge

Hopefully they will need us back, hopefully we will tell them to get stuffed.
So what everyone wants-a return for Coventry City to be playing in the City and we say no?
Dear oh dear! I can’t believe what I read sometimes.......

ccfc1234

So what everyone wants-a return for Coventry City to be playing in the City and we say no?
Dear oh dear! I can’t believe what I read sometimes.......
I think the OP is looking slightly longer term. If we had to have one more season away to bankrupt wasps surely you could see the merits in that? Or are you so desperate to play in Coventry you want to regardless it would put your club in a bad place financially?
If one more season meant we might be able to secure the Ricoh I would be in favour as as much as I dislike the current situation.

Irish Sky Blue

I think the OP is looking slightly longer term. If we had to have one more season away to bankrupt wasps surely you could see the merits in that? Or are you so desperate to play in Coventry you want to regardless it would put your club in a bad place financially?
If one more season meant we might be able to secure the Ricoh I would be in favour as as much as I dislike the current situation.
I think that you underestimate how much most fans want us to be back in Coventry. Our attendances at St Andrews have barely shifted since the opening day of the season, despite our success. The 6k who go seems about the height of it. That leaves thousands of fans who attended last season not going and presumably desperate for the club to come back. Many of the 6k who go (most I would think in reality), are doing so reluctantly. If we were at the Ricoh now with this team I think attendances would be pushing 15k. We need to be back in Coventry ASAP.

TTG

To be fair it wasn’t a league match re attendance
Yes, but it was against Saracens
That should draw a big crowd
It would be a big game on the league Saracens is a very good team

ccfc1234

I think that you underestimate how much most fans want us to be back in Coventry. Our attendances at St Andrews have barely shifted since the opening day of the season, despite our success. The 6k who go seems about the height of it. That leaves thousands of fans who attended last season not going and presumably desperate for the club to come back. Many of the 6k who go (most I would think in reality), are doing so reluctantly. If we were at the Ricoh now with this team I think attendances would be pushing 15k. We need to be back in Coventry ASAP.
I don't disagree with any of that. My point was would you support 1 more season out of the City if it got rid of wasps and meant we had the Ricoh back.

GaryJones

We all agree that we need to be in Coventry - I think that’s a given.
Do we really want to be tied to any partnership that includes the Wasps? I don’t think so - no trust on either side.
Also IrishSkyBlue I don’t think anyone goes to St Andrews “reluctantly” I think we all go with the view that we are supporting our team & club and right now the atmosphere and camaraderie is better than it’s been for years and I think that’s because we are making the considerable effort to make the trip every week.
I do feel sympathy for those who wish not to attend for in my view they don’t quite know what they are missing - quality entertaining winning football by OUR team in Sky Blue.

torchomatic

Disagree that most who go to Stans do it reluctantly

pusbccfc

Novelty is wearing off. Tickets aren't cheap. Poor side. Frustration from locals who are annoyed at CCFC's move.

Their crowds will plummet this season.

shmmeee

I don't disagree with any of that. My point was would you support 1 more season out of the City if it got rid of wasps and meant we had the Ricoh back.

And if it doesn’t? I mean no one outside of people having wet dreams in this forum is seriously talking about Wasps going bust next year. And even if they do that just means the council will need to ask for a higher rent or possibly the whole place goes pop and no one gets it. Also Sisu have said at every opportunity they don’t want the stadium. It’s only financially viable if they distress the owners through court action and leave them no options. If Wasps go bust the whole court case falls apart and we are back to square one.

amazes me that so many out their bitterness towards wasps ahead of wanting to have their club back. Tactically it’s a mess, morally it’s a mess (imagine Birmingham fans wishing us gone so they didn’t have to share Stans), it just strikes me as wish fulfilment rather than a serious plan for our club.

Tommo1993

And if it doesn’t? I mean no one outside of people having wet dreams in this forum is seriously talking about Wasps going bust next year. And even if they do that just means the council will need to ask for a higher rent or possibly the whole place goes pop and no one gets it. Also Sisu have said at every opportunity they don’t want the stadium. It’s only financially viable if they distress the owners through court action and leave them no options. If Wasps go bust the whole court case falls apart and we are back to square one.

amazes me that so many out their bitterness towards wasps ahead of wanting to have their club back. Tactically it’s a mess, morally it’s a mess (imagine Birmingham fans wishing us gone so they didn’t have to share Stans), it just strikes me as wish fulfilment rather than a serious plan for our club.

The long term future of the club resting on ambitious hopes basically.

theferret

You realise that the 6K who go are not the same 6K every week? I know people who went to the opening game and haven't been back. I was with 2 people last Tuesday going to their first game. I know someone who was at Bristol Rovers and Gillingham but none of the other games. The point is, many more than 6K have attended games at SA. Of course, the 12K at the Ricoh last season wasn't the same 12K every week either, so it's relative I guess, but it's worth noting that many more than 6K are prepared to travel.

Tommo1993

Isn’t that true for all sports teams? Ambition of promotion, cup success etc.

A little bit, and I knew somebody would say something along those lines. But no not in that respect. What I mean is our clubs existence, to me, is hanging in the balance of Wasps going pop and the council offering an olive branch. That’s worlds away to let’s say Luton hoping for the best in the championship.

Double, triple the attendance at SA if we like but the club would still be in a terminal state. Nothing will have improved.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You realise that the 6K who go are not the same 6K every week? I know people who went to the opening game and haven't been back. I was with 2 people last Tuesday going to their first game. I know someone who was at Bristol Rovers and Gillingham but none of the other games. The point is, many more than 6K have attended games at SA. Of course, the 12K at the Ricoh last season wasn't the same 12K every week either, so it's relative I guess, but it's worth noting that many more than 6K are prepared to travel.
You’re right I’ve only been to half a game but am different as I’m counted for every game

Terry Gibson's perm

I dont really want to travel to Birmingham but if it rids the City of these parasites it will have been worth it. I hope the rope is tightening quickly and I don’t care if they move or go out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread